Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 86

Thread: automatic watch winder

  1. #1

    Default automatic watch winder

    anyone knows where to get one locally?
    i tried hour glass.but the one they carry doesnt really appeal to me. and it's expensive.it's near $300.

    i'm sick and tired of having to wind my watches whenever i need to wear them.

    thanks

  2. #2

    Default Re: automatic watch winder

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    anyone knows where to get one locally?
    i tried hour glass.but the one they carry doesnt really appeal to me. and it's expensive.it's near $300.

    i'm sick and tired of having to wind my watches whenever i need to wear them.

    thanks
    go digital!

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Punggol 21
    Posts
    967

    Default Re: automatic watch winder

    Leave your watches with me and i'll wind them everyday at a low cost of $299....

  4. #4

    Default Re: automatic watch winder

    Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    go digital!
    problem is, i'm also tired of waiting for battery replacements from agents.

    eg, tag heuer takes 2 weeks!(YES 2 WEEKS) to get a batt changed if you send to their agent.
    not to mention it cost about 30-45 for a bloody batt!

  5. #5

    Default Re: automatic watch winder

    Quote Originally Posted by Sjourn View Post
    Leave your watches with me and i'll wind them everyday at a low cost of $299....
    might as well i ask my maid to wear them and do housework.

    on a serious note, i did tell my maid to give them a little shake when she cleans my room.but it still stops in about 2 days.

  6. #6

    Default Re: automatic watch winder

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    problem is, i'm also tired of waiting for battery replacements from agents.

    eg, tag heuer takes 2 weeks!(YES 2 WEEKS) to get a batt changed if you send to their agent.
    not to mention it cost about 30-45 for a bloody batt!
    that's funny coz my digital has LASTED for 12 years and its still going strong and i haven't even changed the battery once! and its no where as costly as Tag Heuer...makes you think where all that money you're shelling out is going huh?

  7. #7

    Default Re: automatic watch winder

    Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    that's funny coz my digital has LASTED for 12 years and its still going strong and i haven't even changed the battery once! and its no where as costly as Tag Heuer...makes you think where all that money you're shelling out is going huh?
    12 years?wow.that's long.what brand is it?

    my tags generally has a life of about 2-3 years only.

    well, to me, $ well spent.i absolutely love my tags and other makes.
    no regrets.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Punggol 21
    Posts
    967

    Default Re: automatic watch winder

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    might as well i ask my maid to wear them and do housework.

    on a serious note, i did tell my maid to give them a little shake when she cleans my room.but it still stops in about 2 days.
    maybe u can try Passions at Funan..

  9. #9

    Default Re: automatic watch winder

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    12 years?wow.that's long.what brand is it?

    my tags generally has a life of about 2-3 years only.

    well, to me, $ well spent.i absolutely love my tags and other makes.
    no regrets.
    Get this: its a Casio lol O i'm not saying you spent your money wrongly, just that it makes one wonder how come something so branded as a Tag has such a poor life spend because you think with the prices they command, they'd better be long lasters.

  10. #10

    Default Re: automatic watch winder

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    might as well i ask my maid to wear them and do housework.

    on a serious note, i did tell my maid to give them a little shake when she cleans my room.but it still stops in about 2 days.
    speaking of which doesn't seki have a brand of watches called kinetic or something that gets power off the movement of your wrist?

  11. #11

    Default Re: automatic watch winder

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    problem is, i'm also tired of waiting for battery replacements from agents.

    eg, tag heuer takes 2 weeks!(YES 2 WEEKS) to get a batt changed if you send to their agent.
    not to mention it cost about 30-45 for a bloody batt!
    2 weeks? Wow. Last time it took them only 30 mins to change mine.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Punggol 21
    Posts
    967

    Default Re: automatic watch winder

    Quote Originally Posted by SilentWave View Post
    2 weeks? Wow. Last time it took them only 30 mins to change mine.
    actually I thought Tags batteries should be universal right?

  13. #13

    Default Re: automatic watch winder

    Quote Originally Posted by Sjourn View Post
    actually I thought Tags batteries should be universal right?
    I don't know about that. I never asked them.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    393

    Default Re: automatic watch winder

    wear it everyday lah, jeanie. that way you don't need to wind them up.
    Games of Thrones.....

  15. #15

    Default Re: automatic watch winder

    Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    speaking of which doesn't seki have a brand of watches called kinetic or something that gets power off the movement of your wrist?
    that's bascially automatic lor.isnt it?

  16. #16

    Default Re: automatic watch winder

    Quote Originally Posted by SilentWave View Post
    2 weeks? Wow. Last time it took them only 30 mins to change mine.
    i sent it back to agent at wisma.that's what they told me.

    when i did it at sincere, they told me my watch is spoilt.then when i brought it back to tag heuer, they told me it's NOT spoilt.they just forgot to press a button.

    one thing you have to realise when you send outside to non autho-agents.they do not do vacuum sealing for you.they change, they cap back.once you have moisture or air inside, that's it.especially if your watch has those luminous hour markings, they will turn black over time.

  17. #17

    Default Re: automatic watch winder

    Quote Originally Posted by dfstan View Post
    wear it everyday lah, jeanie. that way you don't need to wind them up.
    you're asking me to wear more than 5 watches per day?

  18. #18

    Default Re: automatic watch winder

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    that's bascially automatic lor.isnt it?
    dunnoe. it was years ago when i last saw the ads...dun even know if the line is still around. I did think it was innovative and a good idea though...still do but i think there might have been some inherent design flaws that they might have missed as well.

  19. #19

    Default Re: automatic watch winder

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    you're asking me to wear more than 5 watches per day?
    pretend to be a gal from the hood with all your bling bling lor

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dreamy Nikon Land
    Posts
    2,874

    Default Re: automatic watch winder

    Seiko's Kinetic is basically a upgraded version of automatic. Automatic need to shake shake, Kinetic, less shake shake = same power. However, all automatics even when worn everyday is very prone to slowing. For me, I would rather go and change batt. If the 2 weeks you gonna wait, in the meantime, go and get another watch to wear first loor.
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •