Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why don't you buy "grey" DSLR or lenses

Default Re: Why don't you buy "grey" DSLR or lenses

More on the warranty...

Dun dare to risk getting any new items and can't claim any warranty from the makers.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Quote Originally Posted by photobum View Post
    Through my company as I travel very often.
    That's why in the very beginning, I was complaining about "no cameras insurance for consumers here in Singapore".
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

Not me. I urge everyone to make repair cost enquires for comparisons before committing. (Manufacturers Vs third party repair shops)

For new models of equipment especially, use common sense and send only to manufacturers as they are more familiar and better equipped, and have support from Japanese R&D to help them solve complex issues.

Quote Originally Posted by photobum View Post
    Camera Hospital is one such 'established' business. I go to Steven (the owner) if I have camera body or lens problems.

actually grey or local set after warrenty is all the same already, still must pay for cleaning services.

a local set still can bring directly to service centre while a grey set need to bring back to the shop where the cam is bought.chances are the they will bring to a third party shop to fix whatever problems the cam have within that 1 year shop warrenty.

grey sets are only slightly cheaper if they are bought in from japan so no point might as well go for a local set.the only good thing is their kit lens carry international warrenty but their body only has warrenty from japan where they are purchased from.
    Last edited by Simon_84; 4th November 2007 at 02:15 PM.

depends on how much cheaper I guess. if the difference is minimal (e.g. less than 5-10%), get the ones with manufacturers' warranty.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12