Thread: Eye-Fi Wireless SD card

Default Eye-Fi Wireless SD card

Free your memories
    … quickly, easily, and wirelessly!
    Photos shouldn’t be trapped in your camera. Set them free.

The Eye-Fi Card is a wireless memory card. It automatically uploads pictures from your digital camera to your PC or Mac and to your favorite photo sharing, printing, blogging or social networking site.

No cables, no waiting, no hassles.
    This sentence sound good and the only catch.. it SD card.. more info can be found here

Hmmm how come no CF version.....
    Last edited by Bluestrike; 31st October 2007 at 08:37 PM.

Default Re: Eye-Fi Wireless SD card

Could SD -> CF card adaptors be used... perhaps?
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

lets see how good it is....

Blog Entries

just make sure you don't have images that should not be shared when you get home and turn on your camera

I'm not sure how well it will work...

Firstly, you'll have a very small antenna. Also, there will be limited power available to the camera card slot. So basically, I'm thinking you get very limited range and low transfer speeds with this thing. Also, it won't work with any existing cameras unless they get a whole new firmware.

The eye-fi has a working range of 45 feet indoors and 90 feet outdoors. It also works with existing cameras as long as they read/write to SD card formats. A list of compatible camera models and all working functions are available on the website - if only people would bother to read it.

Not much written about transfer speeds but I doubt it's impressive. Still, it's a nifty gadget and probably a much cheaper alternative to a wireless handgrip, etc. It's a move in the right direction and this technology can only get better to the consumer's benefit.
    Canon EOS 66 | Kit Lens | Leung Sheung Wing Chun Singapore

i have no idea how can they squeeze a wireless transmitter into something as small as an SD card. need to note that it needs space for the SD - memory bridge and the memory chip itself.
    random equipment.
    where are my primes?

Quote Originally Posted by wanzw View Post
    i have no idea how can they squeeze a wireless transmitter into something as small as an SD card. need to note that it needs space for the SD - memory bridge and the memory chip itself.
    Well, mini SD can be put into a SD card adapter to fit into normal size.. So.. I belive its quite easy to squeeze a transmitter in with it.

if i m not wrong, there was a cf version 2 yrs ago. but its way over priced @ 1000k+. This will be a nice item to have for event photographer.

Deregistered

anyone know where to buy in singapore .

order from amazone or other place overseas, i don't think singapore has it at the moment, but seems all will be shipped in mid of december

Quote Originally Posted by eugenep View Post
    if i m not wrong, there was a cf version 2 yrs ago. but its way over priced @ 1000k+. This will be a nice item to have for event photographer.
    wah lao... 1000K+ = 1 million liao leh... i rather buy lexar or sandisk stock...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    wah lao... 1000K+ = 1 million liao leh... i rather buy lexar or sandisk stock...
    haha its 1k + sorry mistake..

Be careful... this device require NO transparent proxy in the internet connection for its software, which kinda rules out most of us here in Singapore.