Thread: driving on autopilot?

Default Re: driving on autopilot?

Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    a trouble maker in this forum.
    your mindless and sarcastic comments.
    nonsensical

I'm not the one who started using all the put downs because someone disagreed with my views.

Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion View Post
    To be fair to Garou, I believe the getting off the road was merely a suggestion (not a direct order which is how your making it seem) if wind30 does not feel 100% behind the wheel or is experiencing some sort of consciousness problem.

There is no need to get all high and mighty about it. Id expect better from superusers.
    well i'm also being fair to the other members, hope you understand. when you two was continously slashing wind30, how would he feel, he is just asking for an opinion and you two goes on & on getting them off the road saying they are a liability on the road...

well, i'm not high & mighty with a big S across my chest, i'm flat chested... what do you expect from a superuser anyway? we're not superman ya know...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post

doesn't mean it don't happen to you now, it won't happen to you later, so if it does, will you at that immediate moment go check yourself into the IMH to do a brainscan and talk to a psychologist and/or psychiatrist?
    I would yeh, if i kept zoning out and was worried enough to post in a public forum, I would definitely get myself checked out. There is no harm in being safe.

well i'm also being fair to the other members, hope you understand. when you two was continously slashing wind30, how would he feel, he is just asking for an opinion and you two goes on & on getting them off the road saying they are a liability on the road...

well, i'm not high & mighty with a big S across my chest, i'm flat chested... what do you expect from a superuser anyway? we're not superman ya know...
    We were not slashing him, we suggested seeking a medical opinion for the good of all responsible road users. Dont change our words.

I've been saying that he might pose a danger to people on the road as well as himself. In no way or form have i come out and put him down. I may not be a paragon of virtue but neither is ts or the superuser such as yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion View Post
    We were not slashing him, we suggested seeking a medical opinion for the good of all responsible road users. Dont change our words.
    well, if you say so... got no need for me to do the quotation game...

time for class... driving to class... wish me luck guys...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Member/Tangshooter

at least u r not more dangerous than the driver who drink drive or the driver who uses his mobilephone while driving..

Human brain is actually more complex then wat u think it can do..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

well, if you say so... got no need for me to do the quotation game...

time for class... driving to class... wish me luck guys...
    Drive Safe!

Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    I'm not the one who started using all the put downs because someone disagreed with my views.
    read for yourself.

who says i don't drive? I've certainly never said it. You just ASSUME that i don't. Get off the road before you kill someone.
    on what basis?

Indeed when you actually kill someone i will direct the authorities to this place so they have unquestionable evidence to put your head on a pike.
    what has TS getting into accident got to do with this forum?

fyi it was never said that there's the phenomenon is unreal. The consequences of what could happen was what was addressed. Anyone can quote statistics and studys to justify their causes. but if TS KILLS someone on the road who's hands will be stained with blood huh?
    I dare you to post your plate number then since you're so confident that you're in no danger to anyone. Same to ZCF and RSU.
    no what you've done is exactly like giving a drunk the keys to the car. You're just as liable because you're putting the figurative gun in his hand by making him think that he's safe.
    Who do you think you are? The censorship board? You can call us whatever you want but you don't have the authority or right to insult someone for voicing their opinions. Especially when it comes to public safety.
    i'll let the readers decide the level of insanity of these postings

read for yourself.

on what basis?

how's my letting him know the possible consequences of his inaction as well as your advice a put down huh? I didn't dismiss him by saying he's being nonsensical etc. You did that with me though. You need to remember if you want to find fault with me then use stuff i said to YOU not to someone else about their issue. Very conveient that you left out the quotes where you insult me and Wildstallion...
    Last edited by garou12; 31st October 2007 at 06:51 PM.

read for yourself.

on what basis?

It has to do with the forum because it has recorded his admission that he might not be a 100% safe driver on the road.

Member/Tangshooter

It has to do with the forum because it has recorded his admission that he might not be a 100% safe driver on the road.
    where got 100% safe one? durex oso never guarantee 100% safe..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    where got 100% safe one? durex oso never guarantee 100% safe..
    alright i correct myself: impaired ability behind the wheel.

how's my letting him know the possible consequences of his inaction as well as your advice a put down huh? I didn't dismiss him by saying he's being nonsensical etc. You did that with me though. You need to remember if you want to find fault with me then use stuff i said to YOU not to someone else about their issue. Very conveient that you left out the quotes where you insult me and Wildstallion...
    the thread is here for everyone to read, i've only picked out some of your postings. this thread isn't running away anyway

Quote Originally Posted by wind30 View Post
    ???? errr... what I am asking you is to read the words of EXPERTS with PHDs on this matter. HELLO!!!! I am asking you to do some READING..... there are EXPERTS with PHDs on this matter who have posted their findings....

sigh.....

this is really getting nowhere

PS: since you have edited your earlier post, you probably realised how ridiculous it sounds, it is NOT one source. Common just do a search. It is a COMMON phenomena. There is nothing to argue about. A LOT of sources says it is common and pretty normal.
    Cor.....you really put your foot into it!

I don't think it is unusual lah, just that the way you put it makes it sound like you aren't paying attention. Driving has been touted as one of the most overlearnt human skills ever. It becomes automatic after a while. If you drove home the same route everyday, it becomes a routine exercise that you will conduct daily (and safely) and your mind will just junk the info once you reach your destination. Doesn't mean you were reckless. Likewise, ask someone what he had for breakfast, chances are, he may have to think quite hard to tell you.

You have provided the info. The folk here who are blasting you, I fear, have the right intentions but not the right info, so don't let that get you down.

I have this kind of 'spacing out' encounters, but not when I'm driving. It's happens I'm outfield.
    I still know where I'm going, although I don't remember anything.

Doesn't apply to outfield... even when I'm really busy at work, I'll be rushing and stuff, and I'll kind of 'space out' again.. like.. if someone asks me questions when I'm concentrating at work, I'll reply them (yes/no etc), but I'll forget that they even asked me thos questions..

ENOUGH~!!!!

Thread closed.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345