Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 97

Thread: driving on autopilot?

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: driving on autopilot?

    wildstallion and garou12, i've reported your bad postings. you guys can carry on with your nonsensical postings in this forum, i really wonder what you two stand to gain at all. happy posting.

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: driving on autopilot?

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    really? i think you're a trouble maker in this forum.
    Think what you want, not everyone has the same opinion as you eikin. Im entitled to my opinion and im not that childish. I have better things to do with my time than stir up trouble in a forum. Im actually worried that some innocent driver or pedestrian, or even wind30 himself could get hurt. Now im sorry if thats a crime or trouble making, please feel free to tick that ignore box if it is.
    Last edited by wildstallion; 31st October 2007 at 04:45 PM.

  3. #43

    Default Re: driving on autopilot?

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    wildstallion and garou12, i've reported your bad postings. you guys can carry on with your nonsensical postings in this forum, i really wonder what you two stand to gain at all. happy posting.
    Who do you think you are? The censorship board? You can call us whatever you want but you don't have the authority or right to insult someone for voicing their opinions. Especially when it comes to public safety.

  4. #44

    Default Re: driving on autopilot?

    Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    I dare you to post your plate number then since you're so confident that you're in no danger to anyone. Same to ZCF and RSU.
    ??? seriously, look at the postings in this thread, you think I would dare to post my car plate number ???

    PS: it is not because I think I am a danger to other people.

    I think I am pretty safe driver. Worried enough to start a thread about this common phenomena among drivers. Seriously, go and read up on the phenomena. I don't begrudge you for thinking it is dangeous. I too thought it may well be dangerous. But when new evidence and information comes to light, a reasonable man should be able to take it and alter his conclusions.

    The fact is that this a a well documented phenomena. Researched by scientists and phychologists. What else you want me to say?

    you can say that, "oh it can be something else, maybe some sort of metal disease?"

    common, when you sneeze, you don't think you caught the lethal asfdwefaefaef flu right? (I am sure there is a deadly disease out there somewhere that has the symptom of sneezing) Unless I exhibit other more worrying symptoms, I am really not worried as I just found out HUNDREDS of other drivers experience the EXACT same thing.

    SERIOUSLY, GO AND READ UP on "unconscious driving" you will find that what I described is EXACTLY like what is stated out there. Seriously, is there anything I have written that causes you to think I have something other than "unconscious driving"? Please state it as I am worried too.

  5. #45

    Default Re: driving on autopilot?

    Quote Originally Posted by wind30 View Post
    ??? seriously, look at the postings in this thread, you think I would dare to post my car plate number ???

    PS: it is not because I think I am a danger to other people.

    I think I am pretty safe driver. Worried enough to start a thread about this common phenomena among drivers. Seriously, go and read up on the phenomena. I don't begrudge you for thinking it is dangeous. I too thought it may well be dangerous. But when new evidence and information comes to light, a reasonable man should be able to take it and alter his conclusions.

    The fact is that this a a well documented phenomena. Researched by scientists and phychologists. What else you want me to say?

    you can say that, "oh it can be something else, maybe some sort of metal disease?"

    common, when you sneeze, you don't think you caught the lethal asfdwefaefaef flu right? (I am sure there is a deadly disease out there somewhere that has the symptom of sneezing) Unless I exhibit other more worrying symptoms, I am really not worried as I just found out HUNDREDS of other drivers experience the EXACT same thing.

    SERIOUSLY, GO AND READ UP on "unconscious driving" you will find that what I described is EXACTLY like what is stated out there. Seriously, is there anything I have written that causes you to think I have something other than "unconscious driving"? Please state it as I am worried too.
    I asked you to post because as you've ASSERTED that you're confident that you're a safe driver. So you certainly wouldn't mind if the TP really came and checked on you now would you? Seeing as how as your said you have nothing to worry about.

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    270 degree of Singapore
    Posts
    6,741

    Default Re: driving on autopilot?

    well, guys, please don't make this too personal, this is a forum for discussion but not for personal attack.
    I think if you haven't in the situation before, then you may not know when semi-conscious driving is how semi-conscious, but I do believe this is not happen to limited few driver only, as least on movie scene we always seem to see the driver sort of thinking of something while driving. Regaarding dangerous or not, it may be depend on how alert is the semi-conscious people is.
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

  7. #47

    Default Re: driving on autopilot?

    Quote Originally Posted by zcf View Post
    Regaarding dangerous or not, it may be depend on how alert is the semi-conscious people is.
    I agree with you, but once you've hit the semi conscious state you become a liability. Your reaction time is slowed and you're not as cognizant of your surroundings. Heaven forbid that an accident occurs but if you can prevent something like that from happening wouldn't you do it? To you and TS i applaud you that you think that you should do something about it. So to TS i suggest you do go get yourself checked out. You're not a doctor and you certainly are not capable to self diagnose yourself. So do the right thing get yourself off the road and checked out so someone else doesn't have to pay the price for YOUR inaction.
    Last edited by garou12; 31st October 2007 at 04:57 PM.

  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    270 degree of Singapore
    Posts
    6,741

    Default Re: driving on autopilot?

    Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    I agree with you, but once you've hit the semi conscious state you become a liability. Your reaction time is slowed and you're not as cognizant of your surroundings. Heaven forbid that an accident occurs but if you can prevent something like that from happening wouldn't you do it?
    If you mean to disqualify all driver who have this experience before, then I think Singapore won't need to impose granry charge already

    I mean, who never actually thought of anything while driving? Never thought of going to work, picking up children, what's for dinner etc, some may go deeper and seem like semi-conscious while driving, but not until like totally detach from driving, but more like not having all the memory of the whole process.
    An as I mentioned, it mainly happened when the driving is relax, not jam pack, condition, anything that show in sign (e.g. junction, andother getting too close, red light etc) may alert the semi-conscious drive back on alert again. If the person is really deep into semi-conscious or unconscious and can't be alerted, then it's really dangerous.

    Regarding slower reaction, lack of sleep, tire, sick or on other condition like listening to phone ro conversation can also contribute to that, and may be even more dangerous. But why they are still on the road?
    Last edited by zcf; 31st October 2007 at 05:07 PM.
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

  9. #49

    Default Re: driving on autopilot?

    I shall continue to be civil to you. did you read up about the phenomena? It happens to a LOT of drivers out there. You don't go for an MRI when you get a headache, do you? I mean it could be cancer and your chances of survival will increase with early detection.

    Seriously, if in the end of this thread, I found out that out of 100 drivers only I am having such a problem, I will be very concerned and probably get myself some help.

    But the FACT is this is a COMMON phenomena, and pretty normal just like a headache.

    And you are wrong. From what I read, we don't become semi-conscious, it is just that we DON'T remember the drive. It is like we don't remember a lot of things in life. the walk back from work, the exact sequence in taking a shower, etc. A lot of things are routine and thus not commited to memory. PLEASE PLEASE do a little bit of reading about the phenomena and you will feel safer with me on the road.


    Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    I agree with you, but once you've hit the semi conscious state you become a liability. Your reaction time is slowed and you're not as cognizant of your surroundings. Heaven forbid that an accident occurs but if you can prevent something like that from happening wouldn't you do it? To you and TS i applaud you that you think that you should do something about it. So to TS i suggest you do go get yourself checked out. You're not a doctor and you certainly are not capable to self diagnose yourself. So do the right thing get yourself off the road and checked out so someone else doesn't have to pay the price for YOUR inaction.

  10. #50

    Default Re: driving on autopilot?

    Quote Originally Posted by zcf View Post
    If you mean to disqualify all driver who have this experience before, then I think Singapore won't need to impose granry charge already

    I mean, who never actually thought of anything while driving? Never thought of going to work, picking up children, what's for dinner etc, some may go deeper and seem like semi-conscious while driving.
    An as I mentioned, it mainly happened when the driving is relax, not jam pack, condition, anything that show in sign (e.g. junction, andother getting too close, red light etc) may alert the semi-conscious drive back on alert again. If the person is really deep into semi-conscious or unconscious and can't be alerted, then it's really dangerous.

    Regarding slower reaction, lack of sleep, tire, sick or on other condition like listening to phone ro conversation can also contribute to that, and may be even more dangerous. But why they are still on the road?
    because they're irresponsible. If you know anyone who knows someone who feel asleep behind the wheel or driven under somekind of influence, then you might be able to empathize with the vicitms. thinking about stuff and missing your exit is one thing but if you zone out behind the wheel that slows your response in one way or another then that's just an accident waiting to happen. Besides it might be a better thing that there are less drivers on the road wouldn't it. In this case prevention is better than the cure don't you think?

  11. #51

    Default Re: driving on autopilot?

    Quote Originally Posted by wind30 View Post
    I shall continue to be civil to you. did you read up about the phenomena? It happens to a LOT of drivers out there. You don't go for an MRI when you get a headache, do you? I mean it could be cancer and your chances of survival will increase with early detection.

    Seriously, if in the end of this thread, I found out that out of 100 drivers only I am having such a problem, I will be very concerned and probably get myself some help.

    But the FACT is this is a COMMON phenomena, and pretty normal just like a headache.

    And you are wrong. From what I read, we don't become semi-conscious, it is just that we DON'T remember the drive. It is like we don't remember a lot of things in life. the walk back from work, the exact sequence in taking a shower, etc. A lot of things are routine and thus not commited to memory. PLEASE PLEASE do a little bit of reading about the phenomena and you will feel safer with me on the road.
    until you become a PHD in the matter or an expert in the area you have zero credibility whatsoever. Just because you found a source off the internet doesn't make it the most credible source or the authoritive voice on the matter. so stop trying to rationalize things. If you're that confident that its no danger, then why won't you go get yourself checked out? Its not going to harm anyone.
    Last edited by garou12; 31st October 2007 at 05:12 PM.

  12. #52

    Default Re: driving on autopilot?

    Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    until you become a PHD in the matter or an expert in the area you have zero credibility whatsoever, so stop trying to rationalize things.
    ???? errr... what I am asking you is to read the words of EXPERTS with PHDs on this matter. HELLO!!!! I am asking you to do some READING..... there are EXPERTS with PHDs on this matter who have posted their findings....

    sigh.....

    this is really getting nowhere

    PS: since you have edited your earlier post, you probably realised how ridiculous it sounds, it is NOT one source. Common just do a search. It is a COMMON phenomena. There is nothing to argue about. A LOT of sources says it is common and pretty normal.
    Last edited by wind30; 31st October 2007 at 05:15 PM.

  13. #53

    Default Re: driving on autopilot?

    Quote Originally Posted by wind30 View Post
    ???? errr... what I am asking you is to read the words of EXPERTS with PHDs on this matter. HELLO!!!! I am asking you to do some READING..... there are EXPERTS with PHDs on this matter who have posted their findings....

    sigh.....

    this is really getting nowhere
    as said the internet is not the most credible source.

  14. #54

    Default Re: driving on autopilot?

    Quote Originally Posted by wind30 View Post
    Seriously, is there anything I have written that causes you to think I have something other than "unconscious driving"? Please state it as I am worried too.
    Here's the point: You're not the expert, neither am i. How are we supposed to know that what you have is something else? I'm not there to observe your symptoms and you might be missing on something as you self diagonse. Submitting to a test would settle it completely yet you keep making excuses on why you don't have to do go confidently going with your self diagnosis.
    Last edited by garou12; 31st October 2007 at 05:21 PM.

  15. #55

    Default Re: driving on autopilot?

    Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    Here's the point: You're not the expert, neither am i. How are we supposed to know that what you have is something else? Submitting to a test would settle it completely yet you keep making excuses on why you don't have to do go confidently going with your self diagnosis.
    This is my last post to you cuz you really haven't been reading my posts.

    I have mentioned this b4 and I will repeat it one last ime,

    The reason why I don't go for check up, is EXACTLY the same reason why I don't go for an MRI when I have a headache.

  16. #56

    Default Re: driving on autopilot?

    Quote Originally Posted by wind30 View Post
    This is my last post to you cuz you really haven't been reading my posts.

    I have mentioned this b4 and I will repeat it one last ime,

    The reason why I don't go for check up, is EXACTLY the same reason why I don't go for an MRI when I have a headache.
    yes but this isn't an mri checking for a brain tumor isn;t it? A tumor is not going to endanger other lives unless you're behind the wheel when you collapse. You don't get it do you? This is something that could affect other people not just you.

  17. #57
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,095

    Default Re: driving on autopilot?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    This is as dangerous as it gets. During the time you are "out", do you think you can react quickly when something happens or something is developing?
    I think you're confusing attention/awareness with memory. Not having a recollection of what one did doesn't imply one didn't pay attention or couldn't react quickly.

  18. #58

    Default Re: driving on autopilot?

    Quote Originally Posted by LittleWolf View Post
    I think you're confusing attention/awareness with memory. Not having a recollection of what one did doesn't imply one didn't pay attention or couldn't react quickly.
    so having a blackout doesn't apply to what you just said does it?

  19. #59

    Default Re: driving on autopilot?

    Quote Originally Posted by wind30 View Post
    This is my last post to you cuz you really haven't been reading my posts.

    I have mentioned this b4 and I will repeat it one last ime,

    The reason why I don't go for check up, is EXACTLY the same reason why I don't go for an MRI when I have a headache.
    Let me resituationalize the scenario for you: Say the cops want you to submit to the blood alcohol test. Are you going to refuse and argue when just doing the test negates any immediate suspicion on u?

  20. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: driving on autopilot?

    wind30... i really feel that u should not buy 4D today... tough luck getting thru this... lol...

    well, if you drive daily like wind30 and the rest, probably u might encounter this once or twice, seriously... dun tell me u drive 1000 times over the same route and never kena once... dun bluff yourself... if u drive only once in a while, then this is not for you to answer anyway...

    garou12 and wildstallion... get over your probation period then we talk about these maturely... lol...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •