Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 129

Thread: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

  1. #101

    Default Re: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion View Post
    To which you have left out "despite"
    ???

    but the use of the word "despite" is inconsequential to the meaning of the sentence and its context

    i mean, "lynch him for being a brit"

    is worlds apart from "no one is going to lynch him for being a brit"

    and the latter is not so different from "despite the fact that no one is going to lynch him for being a brit"

  2. #102
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    ???

    but the use of the word "despite" is inconsequential to the meaning of the sentence and its context

    i mean, "lynch him for being a brit"

    is worlds apart from "no one is going to lynch him for being a brit"

    and the latter is not so different from "despite the fact that no one is going to lynch him for being a brit"
    You should be reading law not economics if your such a wordsmith.

    This is neither here nor there, the thread had appeared to reach its natural conclusion until you came back in to stir it all up again.

  3. #103

    Default Re: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion View Post
    You should be reading law not economics if your such a wordsmith.

    This is neither here nor there, the thread had appeared to reach its natural conclusion until you came back in to stir it all up again.
    oh dear, but law is so boring and stifling

    no offense to lawyers out there, i picked up a law book and tried to read it and almost died because of the language being used

    this is the way to solve all matters, coffeeshop talk dispels all hate and negativity

  4. #104
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    oh dear, but law is so boring and stifling

    no offense to lawyers out there, i picked up a law book and tried to read it and almost died because of the language being used

    this is the way to solve all matters, coffeeshop talk dispels all hate and negativity
    I might be in London soon, if you wanna meet up for coffee feel free!

  5. #105
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    was sitting next to a office guy in the train jus nw.. he cursed and swear colourful language while reading this case on New Paper.

    i think that 3 english men better stayed home.. pple are angry with them.

  6. #106

    Default Re: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion View Post
    I might be in London soon, if you wanna meet up for coffee feel free!
    wa, really..

    seriously, if you have no need to come here, don't come. the weather is well, as dreary as it gets

  7. #107
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    wa, really..

    seriously, if you have no need to come here, don't come. the weather is well, as dreary as it gets
    Nah, i have a need, I will also be living out in the UK starting from the middle of next year. Gotta love British weather, beats how hot its been here lately, give me my cold xmas!

  8. #108

    Default Re: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    quote from aisaone

    What the Englishman and two of his fellow tourists thought would make a funny video now have them labelled as bullies.

    The original video posted up by tourist Mr Bo Davis, 26, was titled "The Slowest Taxi in Southeast Asia."

    In the 3 minutes 51 seconds video, the three medium-built guys are seen squeezing onto a trishaw ridden by an elderly man.

    Clearly struggling under their weight, the trishaw uncle pedals at a snail's pace, while his passengers taunt him for going so slowly.

    According to The New Paper, the trishaw uncle is 67-year-old, Mr Lee Shee Lam, who has been riding for 15 years now.

    Mr Lee told The New Paper that the three tourists had originally agreed to pay him $15 for the ride, but after the ride they got off and left in a taxi.

    Leaving Mr Lee without paying a single cent.

    The original video has been removed by Mr Bo, but someone else has since re-posted it on YouTube and retitled it: "B*****ds bullying Singapore senior citizen…"

    At last check, the video has been viewed over 18,000 times and commented over 500 times.

    Mr Lee, who does not understand English, says that he was not aware that the three Englishmen were making fun of him or that they were filming the trip.

    He has since brushed the incident off as bad luck, saying this was the first time his passengers refused to pay, and that there was nothing he could have done about it.

    The New Paper also managed to contact Mr Bo Davis, who said he did not feel they were being bullies at all.

    On comments that the three of them had bullied Mr Lee, he said: "Looking back, I think we were insensitive. But bullies, no."


    after reading damn angry sigh

  9. #109

    Default Re: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion View Post
    Nah, i have a need, I will also be living out in the UK starting from the middle of next year. Gotta love British weather, beats how hot its been here lately, give me my cold xmas!
    cold is fine.. in fact i think the 13-15 degree temperature in the daytime on average (at least that's what we are told it is) is great

    but there's no sun

    and oh, you gotta hate it when it drizzles but doesn't rain.. the feeling of cold rain just dribbling on your head is just plain miserable

  10. #110
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    the parents of these men are lousy parents.

    they never teach their sons MORAL values.

    as grown up men they dunno old man trishaw can never go fast ? they used the "other head" to think issit ?
    Last edited by raincool2005; 31st October 2007 at 06:22 PM.

  11. #111

    Default Re: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    the parents of these men are lousy parents.

    they never teach their sons MORAL values.
    while i'm not defending them don't drag their parents into this. for all we know the parents did everything they could to raise them with morals.

  12. #112
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    cold is fine.. in fact i think the 13-15 degree temperature in the daytime on average (at least that's what we are told it is) is great

    but there's no sun

    and oh, you gotta hate it when it drizzles but doesn't rain.. the feeling of cold rain just dribbling on your head is just plain miserable
    Haha, yeh, the famous drizzle. Gotta say I dont miss that! Hopefully catch you around in London then, ive got a couple of friends I can visit there

  13. #113

    Default Re: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    how come thread still open?

    like that the injured brit will keep on moaning despite the fact that no one is going to lynch him for being a brit





    ...well except himself.. i think he almost wants it to fulfill his martyr dreams
    Forget it.... if you say anything else, you will just end up being accused of this and that and dont go on with the post after post of rebuttals that you are doing now... it only makes u look as silly as him. Dont you notice he never respond to anything sensible such as my post that if you want respect then please learn to respect others? Instead it is selectively quoting and twisting the posts to make it seem like we are saying he is racist... we condone racism.... etc etc etc.....

    On a final note, to all caucasians reading this... please understand we are not angry at caucasians.

    HOWEVER We are angry at 3 lads that take an elderly gentleman for a ride after making him take all 3 of them in a trishaw, We are angry that the 3 of them didnt pay and just walk off, We are angry that that they recorded the whole incident and posted it on You Tube as a joke of how they did it. Finally we are angry that not only are their actions not condemned, it is condoned as the elderly gentleman's fault, that he might be a money grubbing cheat who is out to get the British Tourists and other whites. In all justice.... he didnt asked to be videotaped did he? I hope this clears up matters on our feelings here.

  14. #114
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    while i'm not defending them don't drag their parents into this. for all we know the parents did everything they could to raise them with morals.
    ok, sorry.

    i am having a bad mood.


  15. #115

    Default Re: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    Quote Originally Posted by aeskywan View Post
    Forget it.... if you say anything else, you will just end up being accused of this and that and dont go on with the post after post of rebuttals that you are doing now... it only makes u look as silly as him. Dont you notice he never respond to anything sensible such as my post that if you want respect then please learn to respect others? Instead it is selectively quoting and twisting the posts to make it seem like we are saying he is racist... we condone racism.... etc etc etc.....

    On a final note, to all caucasians reading this... please understand we are not angry at caucasians.

    HOWEVER We are angry at 3 lads that take an elderly gentleman for a ride after making him take all 3 of them in a trishaw, We are angry that the 3 of them didnt pay and just walk off, We are angry that that they recorded the whole incident and posted it on You Tube as a joke of how they did it. Finally we are angry that not only are their actions not condemned, it is condoned as the elderly gentleman's fault, that he might be a money grubbing cheat who is out to get the British Tourists and other whites. In all justice.... he didnt asked to be videotaped did he? I hope this clears up matters on our feelings here.
    I applaud you for saying this but you're not the one trying to stir things up. With this and the previous thread that featured this topic.

  16. #116

    Default Re: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    ok, sorry.

    i am having a bad mood.

    That's ok but remember dun bring parents into this. The parties involved aren't children and we also wouldn't be happy if our parents got dragged into our mess.

  17. #117

    Default Re: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    I applaud you for saying this but you're not the one trying to stir things up. With this and the previous thread that featured this topic.
    Hmmm I dont understand you.... u are saying I am trying to stir this up?

  18. #118

    Default Re: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    Quote Originally Posted by aeskywan View Post
    Hmmm I dont understand you.... u are saying I am trying to stir this up?
    no no not you the guy you quoted earlier. You didn't use the term matyr dreams.

  19. #119

    Default Re: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    The bxxxxxd was filming the poor old man chasing one and other for the money they owed to him. That already showed that they have the intention to humiliate the old man. He said " if they were Asian guys, would it have got the same reaction?" If they were Asian, this thing will never happen. Asian will never bully harmless old man. They will show respect and compassion to old folks. This is the virtue we asian have. It's a in-born thing that need no education. Unfortunately, they don't have. I pity the senior citizen in their country. They have to bare with these 3 heartless beast.

  20. #120

    Default Re: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    Quote Originally Posted by Kia-Kit View Post
    The bxxxxxd was filming the poor old man chasing one and other for the money they owed to him. That already showed that they have the intention to humiliate the old man. He said " if they were Asian guys, would it have got the same reaction?" If they were Asian, this thing will never happen. Asian will never bully harmless old man. They will show respect and compassion to old folks. This is the virtue we asian have. It's a in-born thing that need no education. Unfortunately, they don't have. I pity the senior citizen in their country. They have to bare with these 3 heartless beast.
    This isn't a race issue so please don't make it as one. Asians are just as capable of doing what they did to the old man. In fact anyone is just as capable regardless of origin.
    Last edited by garou12; 31st October 2007 at 07:14 PM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •