Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 129

Thread: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

  1. #41

    Default Re: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiisg View Post
    i'm sorry but i'm not seeing any bullying.

    the old man took them for a snails ride, and a short one at that. the old man wanted 10, the guys told him 5...err, to me it is simply bargaining...and in fact they got off the trike to take a cab. i think if they stayed on and made the old fellow continue then that would have been bullying. i think although these guys joked around they genuinely felt bad for the old guy and cut the trip short to take a cab...and also paid him for what they felt was fair. i just don't see any bullying. i would've cut the trip short also OUT OF RESPECT FOR THE OLD MAN and bargained the fare BECAUSE NOW I HAVE TO GET A CAB AND PAY MORE...fair deal?...i think so
    bargaining is one thing, making a fool out of an old man old enough to be your grandfather is another.

    i bargain darn day. but i dont see a public outcry on my bargaining with shopkeepers?

    it's REALLY NOT ABOUT BARGAINING, IT IS ABOUT MAKING A FOOL OUT OF THE POOR UNCLE

  2. #42

    Default Re: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiisg View Post
    i'm sorry but i'm not seeing any bullying.

    the old man took them for a snails ride, and a short one at that. the old man wanted 10, the guys told him 5...err, to me it is simply bargaining...and in fact they got off the trike to take a cab. i think if they stayed on and made the old fellow continue then that would have been bullying. i think although these guys joked around they genuinely felt bad for the old guy and cut the trip short to take a cab...and also paid him for what they felt was fair. i just don't see any bullying. i would've cut the trip short also OUT OF RESPECT FOR THE OLD MAN and bargained the fare BECAUSE NOW I HAVE TO GET A CAB AND PAY MORE...fair deal?...i think so
    no no no, they videotaped the whole thing because they wanted to have good good memories of the nights in singapore

    besides that, the guy who keeps covering his mouth to laugh is actually just someone with a laughing sickness, he is definitely not poking fun at the uncle. it's just his affliction, we have to be nice to him and all that.

    to top it all off, i suppose you fully comprehend what is going on in the video.. the truth is out there for people to see

  3. #43

    Default Re: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    way off brother...

    you cannot just say take it simple for what you see, you don't know the whole thing. i give the brits the benefit of the doubt because obviously there is more to this than what we see...open your mind a bit and realize that n have some common sense.

    besides, you have enough farkers here who cannot even clean up after themselves at food courts to be somewhat respectful to aunty and uncle cleaning up your farking mess

    now, if anyone gets mad...good, it is a lesson learned...be nice to people in less fortunate positions, and clean up after selves and maybe we won't be arguing over stupid things especially when it is clear none of us know the whole deal

    i see locals do stupid things, i see tourists do stupid things, i see expats do stupid things...
    who died here?

  4. #44
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    1) Dun worry, life expectancy has gone up according to statistics.
    All he needs to do is to continue working after 62, if he does, he do not have to worry
    abt not being unable to feed himself or cpf not enough.

    (1 ride already earns $10)
    Cai peng with 1 veg and 1 meat only $2. Add 20cents for more rice for lunch, to have
    more energy to peddle ! Drink tap water from toliet FOC.
    Dinner no need so much rice, so $2. Total $4.20
    Take world class transport at cheap cheap rate.
    Children abandon him oso nevermind
    Can survive one lah
    Workfare is welfare hokay !

    Somemore when the annuities thingy kicks in, he do not need to worry about life after
    retirement or when he no longer has the energy or health to peddle.
    Every month money from those who suay suay die b4 80 (85?) will go into his pocket.

    2) Dun worry, gst increase is to create a safety net for such old ppl. No saving nevermind.
    Just remember to approach for social help
    1) provided uncle is superman and dont fall sick.
    2) live in his trishaw and not some rented room or flat.
    3) dont take breakfast.
    4) thought the gst increase is to make up the salary increment of singapore's brain?
    5) dont get summon from using bus lane during rush hour?
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  5. #45

    Default Re: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    sure they laffed at the situation with uncle and sure that offends you, i understand that, however you not cleaning up after yourself at foodcourts and giving old folks seats on buses and mrt's offends me, do you understand that? what because aunty and uncle get paid at foodcourt you don't see anything wrong with them cleaning your mess when you could simply do it yourself?...got news for you, they are someone's father, mother, grandfather, grandmother...and that get my respect each and every time.

    you wanna be mad, take it up with your government for making these old folks work and not having a program for them but don't be mad at a brit for laffing and not having the decency to refrain when so many also dont have the decency or courtesy to give old folks a seat. i'm jus saying if this upsets you, that's fine, but think about what you do in your daily life as well and be fair about it.

  6. #46

    Default Re: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    sure they laffed at the situation with uncle and sure that offends you, i understand that, however you not cleaning up after yourself at foodcourts and giving old folks seats on buses and mrt's offends me, do you understand that? what because aunty and uncle get paid at foodcourt you don't see anything wrong with them cleaning your mess when you could simply do it yourself?...got news for you, they are someone's father, mother, grandfather, grandmother...and that get my respect each and every time.

    you wanna be mad, take it up with your government for making these old folks work and not having a program for them but don't be mad at a brit for laffing and not having the decency to refrain when so many also dont have the decency or courtesy to give old folks a seat. i'm jus saying if this upsets you, that's fine, but think about what you do in your daily life as well and be fair about it.

  7. #47

    Default Re: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiisg View Post
    way off brother...

    you cannot just say take it simple for what you see, you don't know the whole thing. i give the brits the benefit of the doubt because obviously there is more to this than what we see...open your mind a bit and realize that n have some common sense.

    besides, you have enough farkers here who cannot even clean up after themselves at food courts to be somewhat respectful to aunty and uncle cleaning up your farking mess

    now, if anyone gets mad...good, it is a lesson learned...be nice to people in less fortunate positions, and clean up after selves and maybe we won't be arguing over stupid things especially when it is clear none of us know the whole deal

    i see locals do stupid things, i see tourists do stupid things, i see expats do stupid things...
    who died here?
    If everyone where to clean up their table after their meal do you think the owner still need all those uncle and aunty to work there? The uncle and aunty is there to serve a purpose, that is to clean up people mess. No mess = No job. Look at the big picture, if I am the boss I will make it a rule to have my customer to clean up so that I do not have to employ extra workers to do that.
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

  8. #48

    Default Re: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiisg View Post
    way off brother...

    you cannot just say take it simple for what you see, you don't know the whole thing. i give the brits the benefit of the doubt because obviously there is more to this than what we see...open your mind a bit and realize that n have some common sense.

    besides, you have enough farkers here who cannot even clean up after themselves at food courts to be somewhat respectful to aunty and uncle cleaning up your farking mess

    now, if anyone gets mad...good, it is a lesson learned...be nice to people in less fortunate positions, and clean up after selves and maybe we won't be arguing over stupid things especially when it is clear none of us know the whole deal

    i see locals do stupid things, i see tourists do stupid things, i see expats do stupid things...
    who died here?
    so hitler had only done more of his funny experiments on the jews, like injecting eye dye into their eyes in order to test out his "aryan race" postulation.. and not killed any of them..

    i'm sure the jews would have forgiven him.

    what is MORE than meets the eye here? the uncle and the little boys are putting up a skit? wait long long la. stop pulling in other stuff to diminish the fact that the people involved are really idiotic. they are not absolved by your example. you don't see people hurling plates into the air to make life difficult for the cleaner or emptying hot plates of char kway teow into the cleaner's face and then videoing it down to have a few laughs, do you? your example is not a comparable one. in many aspects of the law INTENT plays an important part - the distinction between murder and manslaughter is after all a very subtle one

    do you think those people did it deliberately?

    do you think the people at hawker centres leave plates behind because they enjoy causing suffering>? therein lies the difference, and if you think about it that is why your example does not count
    Last edited by night86mare; 31st October 2007 at 04:15 AM.

  9. #49

    Default Re: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiisg View Post
    sure they laffed at the situation with uncle and sure that offends you, i understand that, however you not cleaning up after yourself at foodcourts and giving old folks seats on buses and mrt's offends me, do you understand that? what because aunty and uncle get paid at foodcourt you don't see anything wrong with them cleaning your mess when you could simply do it yourself?...got news for you, they are someone's father, mother, grandfather, grandmother...and that get my respect each and every time.

    you wanna be mad, take it up with your government for making these old folks work and not having a program for them but don't be mad at a brit for laffing and not having the decency to refrain when so many also dont have the decency or courtesy to give old folks a seat. i'm jus saying if this upsets you, that's fine, but think about what you do in your daily life as well and be fair about it.
    ya, everything also blame government

    might as well blame the someone whose father and mother they are
    or grandfather grandmother they are

    in the first place if the family took care of them they won't be out working
    or if they are taken of and want to work, then in that case they can quit anytime

    in the first place, whether father or mother, brother or sister, everyone deserves some respect no matter how bad or horrible or spastic they may be. end of story. i'm loving how this is linked to the gahment again. tis sad. the universal scapegoat rears its ugly head and trots moodily to be slaughtered without any defense whatsoever, hurhur

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiisg View Post
    i'm sorry but i'm not seeing any bullying.

    the old man took them for a snails ride, and a short one at that. the old man wanted 10, the guys told him 5...err, to me it is simply bargaining...and in fact they got off the trike to take a cab. i think if they stayed on and made the old fellow continue then that would have been bullying. i think although these guys joked around they genuinely felt bad for the old guy and cut the trip short to take a cab...and also paid him for what they felt was fair. i just don't see any bullying. i would've cut the trip short also OUT OF RESPECT FOR THE OLD MAN and bargained the fare BECAUSE NOW I HAVE TO GET A CAB AND PAY MORE...fair deal?...i think so

    maybe these guys got on the trike because they felt bad for the old man and decided to give him some business then realized ok, this isn't working out...

    in all honesty i expected to see something much much more than just this. and yeah, perhaps someone should post how the local merchants at places lik sim lim "bully" foreigners, even locals...that is far more worse than this. seriously, i just don't see it, any bullying.

    i honestly believe that if this clip showed a singaporean haggling the price instead of a foreigner no one would have even cared.

    i mean be honest with yourselves before you call this bullying and getting upset over it. anyone could easily post a clip on youtube of singaporeans leaving behind a mess at a food court for aunty or uncle to clean up. you know what the world might say..."wow, why do they bully these old people to clean up after them, why can't they be nice and simply do it themselves, they should show more respect to old people." wanna put that on stomp?

    i think people who make a mess for the old folks to clean up are inconsiderate and arrogant. take your pick, what is worse...haggling a price when in all honesty it looks as if they got off to help the old guy and probably felt bad for him so at least gave him some business...or not cleaning up after yourself and making old folks clean up your mess? in either case, sadly, it is their job and again if we are all honest it is a good possibility that the old man gives a different price for different people...just go to sim lim for an example of different prices for different people...and for different races.

    be fair before you cry foul.
    i feel bad for the guy, but i would've done the same...get off because i felt bad, give him a fair price and it's done...seriously, what he would've maybe charged them 50 bucks if they stayed on the trike all the way then they haggle down to 30? then you would be laffing and saying how the old man ripped off the foreigners. kiasu mindset maybe?

    ...be fair and see the other side of things
    Thank god there is someone else with some sense out there!

  11. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Riddle Realms
    Posts
    5,688

    Default Re: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    Yes yes, we are all so outraged and clamour for something to be done and then we sit back and look at the Govt and various agencies and think, "there, i have kicked up a ruckus." Over to you.

    How convenient.

    Every so often, whenever an issue crops up (especially if one is able to lay blame on anywhere else - govt or otherwise), one can expect to see a huge fuss kicked up and there will be finger pointing, mild hysterics and even some table banging.

    "What outrage!"
    "How can this happen here?!"
    "How can? Singapore leh."
    "Heartless people..."
    "Gahmen must help and do something"

    etc etc....

    And once that is over, everyone goes back to their own version of the daily grind until the next big issue comes along and gives them the opportunity to remostrate online.



    Seriously.

    What have YOU done to help? Engage in social entrepreuner ship and help make a difference? Volunteer your time to help the needy? Or sit in front of your computer and kick up a fuss, feel smug about having "done something"?

    You want to help and make a difference? Go do something about it. No point coming online, calling for action and then feel like you have actually done something. You have not. Go to NVPC's website and sign up to help. Go volunteer or support social causes/efforts. Take concrete actions.

    I am neither for nor against the tourists or even the trishaw rider. I am riled up by the amount of hypocrisy (just in case you feel that your feelings got hurt - this sentiment is n not confined to CS) when such matters happen.

    I am closing this thread. Even any of the individuals who have an axe to grind wishes to do so, kindly do so via PM. Anyone else who has an issue with the thread being closed can go appeal to the admins or PM me directly.

    Thank you.

  12. #52

    Default Re: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    emmm is this still open?

  13. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,256

    Default Re: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    emmm is this still open?
    yeap! waiting for the silencing force to kick in
    chezburgr i can haz?

  14. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Central West
    Posts
    1,952

    Default Re: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    Godwin's law strikes again (pretty quick too - do a search on "Godwin's law" if you don't know that the hell I'm talking about).

    As an aside before it gets locked...

    wildstallion and Hawaiisg - be mindful that you bloody Poms (wildstallion) and you bloody Yanks (Hawaiisg) may have different moral perceptions to the Singaporeans here (and I'm a bloody Aussie) and what you may not find very rude or offensive, others may think otherwise.

  15. #55

    Default Re: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    Quote Originally Posted by airfins View Post
    If everyone where to clean up their table after their meal do you think the owner still need all those uncle and aunty to work there? The uncle and aunty is there to serve a purpose, that is to clean up people mess. No mess = No job. Look at the big picture, if I am the boss I will make it a rule to have my customer to clean up so that I do not have to employ extra workers to do that.

    likewise...if no one gave uncle the "pity" business meaning not really wanting his ride but taking it anyway because you feel sorry for an old man, i bet he would lose business too amd maybe not have enough to eat.

    no mess-no job is stupid. besides even you clean your own plate uncle and aunty still have to wipe the tray or collect the utensils, mop the floors, etc, things within reason...i'm saying make the job easier for them out of respect,...c'mon think man their job won't be lost.

    see, now you are being unreasonable, make the customer clean so no need employ workers...yeah, tell customers cook their own food, in fact do the shopping too, in fact stay home and why come. no logic behind your reasoning, just want to argue,

    i guess it's a mission to ask people to be nice here

  16. #56

    Default Re: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    ya, everything also blame government

    might as well blame the someone whose father and mother they are
    or grandfather grandmother they are

    in the first place if the family took care of them they won't be out working
    or if they are taken of and want to work, then in that case they can quit anytime

    in the first place, whether father or mother, brother or sister, everyone deserves some respect no matter how bad or horrible or spastic they may be. end of story. i'm loving how this is linked to the gahment again. tis sad. the universal scapegoat rears its ugly head and trots moodily to be slaughtered without any defense whatsoever, hurhur
    yep it went to government because the governments called citizens are having a hard time to argue a point about just being nice. governments people cannot see that they have their own idiots as well as do all countries. governments people don't know whole story but quick to hang someone...oh, yeah hey that is the government .....government = citizens

    yeah i agree blaming government is stupid but so is making a big stink over this. i guess people forget that their own sh*t stinks because no one is courteous all the time...end of story

    this is an incredible thread

  17. #57

    Default Re: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    Quote Originally Posted by gooseberry View Post
    Godwin's law strikes again (pretty quick too - do a search on "Godwin's law" if you don't know that the hell I'm talking about).

    As an aside before it gets locked...

    wildstallion and Hawaiisg - be mindful that you bloody Poms (wildstallion) and you bloody Yanks (Hawaiisg) may have different moral perceptions to the Singaporeans here (and I'm a bloody Aussie) and what you may not find very rude or offensive, others may think otherwise.
    ...and bloody aussies and even local singaporeans should also know that not everyone finds it offensive...fair enough? i bet a good number of locals don't really see a big issue with this so why be a pappy and silence an opposing viewpoint?

    you see, i offered a possible explanation. there seems to be a culture clash so i offered some possible reasoning to open peoples minds up. singapore is an educated place and people here will make an educated decision one way or the other once the fire cools down. agree with my view or not i dont care...read through my posts and you will find is that what i am asking for is people to be considerate to old folks...

    there two sides but no matter which side you are, jus freekin be nice to people...end of story

    anyways FYI, i have no clue what a yank is but i guarentee you hawaiian culture is different from a "yank" culture. i'm kinda laffing because i never been called a yank before hehe
    call me a red sox, i prefer that since they won the world series

    ...simply put, be nice
    that's al i said

  18. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    emmm is this still open?
    why ? u got something to say ar ?

  19. #59

    Default Re: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    why ? u got something to say ar ?
    can't be bothered, as long as the race card isn't played... just surprised that its still open despite the mod saying otherwise

  20. #60

    Default Re: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    Quote Originally Posted by airfins View Post
    If everyone where to clean up their table after their meal do you think the owner still need all those uncle and aunty to work there? The uncle and aunty is there to serve a purpose, that is to clean up people mess. No mess = No job. Look at the big picture, if I am the boss I will make it a rule to have my customer to clean up so that I do not have to employ extra workers to do that.
    In an amicable manner, I disagree with this.

    There will still be a need for the "uncles and aunties". They still need to wipe the tables. They still need to transfer the plates and bowls and utensils to the washing areas and wash them. So out of job for them? No.

    To say we are creating jobs for these old folks anyway by dirtying the table is a lame excuse. As good as saying it doesn't matter whether we do our "personal business" on the toilet floors or in the toilet bowls. Maybe that's why toilets over here are not in a respectable state? Everyone thinks the clenaer will do the clean up afterwards. How many times have you seen urine on the floor? The ultimate I encountered was s*** even on the floor!

    It's sad to see the mess some of us created at the foodcourts and coffeshops. You see trays lying around, used, yucky tissue papers (yup, mucus-filled one even) in bowls, soups spilled on the table, etc. Other than poor hygiene reasons, the poor uncles and aunties got to clear all these mess. I think it's unfair for them. Besides that, they got to go table to table pushing a heavy load of trolley. Wouldn't it be better if they just go to one specific pick up point?

    And our spoilt youngsters interviewed last time got the "blardy" cheek to say "But it's their job what?!" Yah rite, like as if these chaps after they s*** still get thier parents to wipe the butts for them?
    Last edited by kiwi2; 31st October 2007 at 11:40 AM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •