Page 1 of 7 1236 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 129

Thread: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

  1. #1

    Default B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB_GoQ-h9Zg


    i'm fuming fuming fuming !!!!

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  3. #3

    Default Re: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    here we go again...

  4. #4

    Default Re: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    last one got locked

    do your homework before posting up

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    if i am this old man, i will ask God to grant my death wish and bring me to a better world.

    70 years old still riding a trishaw !? ...worse he need to suffer another 10 years to enjoy his annuity at 80 years old !
    Last edited by raincool2005; 30th October 2007 at 07:08 PM.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,256

    Default Re: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    heh. apparently the people who took the video put it up themselves, but took it down after an uproar, and someone saved it and re-uploaded it

    whether "racial" harmony or cross-country harmony, can we cordone such actions? even the brits themselves would have been felt disgraced if they were to see the actions of their own country men.

    these people could have done the deed, but why the need to upload it online?
    chezburgr i can haz?

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    Quote Originally Posted by psychobiologist View Post
    heh. apparently the people who took the video put it up themselves, but took it down after an uproar, and someone saved it and re-uploaded it

    whether "racial" harmony or cross-country harmony, can we cordone such actions? even the brits themselves would have been felt disgraced if they were to see the actions of their own country men.

    these people could have done the deed, but why the need to upload it online?
    if they did this in Middle East.. they will lost their hands and legs.

  8. #8
    Senior Member xtemujin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Singapura, Singapore
    Posts
    2,778

    Arrow Re: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    The whole of Singapore now knows about it as it has been stomped.

    http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/viewPost6376.aspx

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    393

    Default Re: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    wonder if anyone has their names and whereabouts?
    Games of Thrones.....

  10. #10
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    no one post up the famous 'threatening' foto from the odex's saga?


    disgusting way to treat an old uncle.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    Jeez, it gets so much attention. I know what to do next time im insulted by someone from China, Youtube here I come. Why does everyone straight away take the mindset of 'bastar* brits bullying the poor ah pek!" Its ridiculous. To me this isnt even an issue of bullying or racism. Its a matter of service. That uncle should not be cycling bikes, or at least not bikes with 3 people. He has failed to provide the service he has offered, and the Brits offering to compensate him half his fees for his time is reasonable. Im not sure many of you guys would pay if something was promised but then never delivered. I see many Singaporeans quarreling over an extra $1 on their bills (let alone $10!), simply because they dont wanna pay it as the service was 'not up to standard' or the service was different from that which was promised. So when we do exactly the same, its immediately racism, bullying and 'bastar* brits'. Come off it guys, give it a rest.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion View Post
    Jeez, it gets so much attention. I know what to do next time im insulted by someone from China, Youtube here I come. Why does everyone straight away take the mindset of 'bastar* brits bullying the poor ah pek!" Its ridiculous. To me this isnt even an issue of bullying or racism. Its a matter of service. That uncle should not be cycling bikes, or at least not bikes with 3 people. He has failed to provide the service he has offered, and the Brits offering to compensate him half his fees for his time is reasonable. Im not sure many of you guys would pay if something was promised but then never delivered. I see many Singaporeans quarreling over an extra $1 on their bills (let alone $10!), simply because they dont wanna pay it as the service was 'not up to standard' or the service was different from that which was promised. So when we do exactly the same, its immediately racism, bullying and 'bastar* brits'. Come off it guys, give it a rest.
    the public is entitled to their opinion, so why wouldn't it get so much attention? it's a rather clear case of bullying. even if they were 3 locals bullying the old man, the same kind of anger will be incited. the fact the person who made the video posted it up on the web to show the rest of the world how they ridiculed the old man is a clear case of trying to take advantage of technological knowledge to insult the old man. reasonable payment? i don't think the old man pointed a knife at their throats to force them to take the ride.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    i don't think the old man pointed a knife at their throats to force them to take the ride.
    No, but imo, those guys probably didnt wanna be on one those bikes anyway (we would usually just walk!) but like those uncles always do, they shout, scream and beg for customers, sometimes they even grab people by the shoulder, I know ive been grabbed and shouted at many times to have a ride, they probably felt sorry for him and decided to try it anyway
    and then it (unfortunately) snowballed from there.

    The video clip ends before any decision is even made on the payment matter, you cant prove he wasnt paid the full amount.

    If its all about the bullying, I really dont see it, it appears alot more like haggling to me. I think its been blown way out of proportion.
    Last edited by wildstallion; 31st October 2007 at 12:15 AM.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion View Post
    No, but imo, those guys probably didnt wanna be on one those bikes anyway (we would usually just walk!) but like those uncles always do, they shout, scream and beg for customers, sometimes they even grab people by the shoulder, I know ive been grabbed and shouted at many times to have a ride, they probably felt sorry for him and decided to try it anyway
    and then it (unfortunately) snowballed from there.
    you can say what you want, but i think you've exaggerated it too much. if they really feel sorry for him, where's the meaning in showing the world what they did?

    Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion View Post
    The video clip ends before any decision is even made on the payment matter, you cant prove he wasnt paid the full amount.
    did i say that they didn't pay? the way they treated the old man was bad enough already, if they really didn't pay, they are in serious need of some upbringing.

    Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion View Post
    If its all about the bullying, I really dont see it, it appears alot more like haggling to me. I think its been blown way out of proportion.
    you must be blind.
    Last edited by eikin; 31st October 2007 at 12:19 AM.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    393

    Default Re: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion View Post
    Jeez, it gets so much attention. I know what to do next time im insulted by someone from China, Youtube here I come. Why does everyone straight away take the mindset of 'bastar* brits bullying the poor ah pek!" Its ridiculous. To me this isnt even an issue of bullying or racism. Its a matter of service. That uncle should not be cycling bikes, or at least not bikes with 3 people. He has failed to provide the service he has offered, and the Brits offering to compensate him half his fees for his time is reasonable. Im not sure many of you guys would pay if something was promised but then never delivered. I see many Singaporeans quarreling over an extra $1 on their bills (let alone $10!), simply because they dont wanna pay it as the service was 'not up to standard' or the service was different from that which was promised. So when we do exactly the same, its immediately racism, bullying and 'bastar* brits'. Come off it guys, give it a rest.
    brave you are, or stupid?
    Games of Thrones.....

  16. #16

    Default Re: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion View Post
    No, but imo, those guys probably didnt wanna be on one those bikes anyway (we would usually just walk!) but like those uncles always do, they shout, scream and beg for customers, sometimes they even grab people by the shoulder, I know ive been grabbed and shouted at many times to have a ride, they probably felt sorry for him and decided to try it anyway
    and then it (unfortunately) snowballed from there.

    The video clip ends before any decision is even made on the payment matter, you cant prove he wasnt paid the full amount.

    If its all about the bullying, I really dont see it, it appears alot more like haggling to me. I think its been blown way out of proportion.
    I guess you miss the whole point. Its our culture, our way of life and our values as Asians. You would be "right" in your homeland, but not in Singapore, (as cliché it might sound) a place which I call home.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    you can say what you want, but i think you've exaggerated it too much. if they really feel sorry for him, where's the meaning in showing the world what they did?
    Im not sure its really an exaggeration, it happens every Friday and Saturday night outside of Clarke Quay. I honestly have no idea why they posted it.

    did i say that they didn't pay? the way they treated the old man was bad enough already, if they really didn't pay, they are in serious need of some upbringing.
    Ill agree its not exactly 'stella' behavour, but its not exactly time to start hunting them down with a pitchfork to teach them a lesson.

    you must be blind.
    I shall inform my optician


    Quote Originally Posted by dfstan View Post
    brave you are, or stupid?
    Thanks for the constructive input
    Last edited by wildstallion; 31st October 2007 at 12:34 AM.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    Quote Originally Posted by MadDude View Post
    I guess you miss the whole point. Its our culture, our way of life and our values as Asians. You would be "right" in your homeland, but not in Singapore, (as cliché it might sound) a place which I call home.
    Im sorry, I guess ive missed the point then. What values have been undermined here?

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    Quote Originally Posted by MadDude View Post
    I guess you miss the whole point. Its our culture, our way of life and our values as Asians. You would be "right" in your homeland, but not in Singapore, (as cliché it might sound) a place which I call home.
    i think you're only half right. i've met foreigners who are courteous and behave respectably. i do not think what the 3 did can be considered acceptable even in their own home, if it is really acceptable, something is wrong with their home.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: B*stards bullying Singapore ah pek

    Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion View Post
    Im not sure its really an exaggeration, it happens every Friday and Saturday night outside of Clarke Quay. I honestly have no idea why they posted it.

    Ill agree its not exactly 'stella' behavour, but its not exactly time to start hunting them down with a pitchfork to teach them a lesson.
    they created this uproar themselves, only they themselves can solve their own problem, why the need to be so protective of them? they're no longer kids.

    Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion View Post
    I shall inform my optician
    that's good.

Page 1 of 7 1236 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •