Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ERP $5

Default Re: ERP $5

Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    was 19 then. But what was disturbing was he was not a very cultured police office commissioned to guard the road in singapore.
    the road is his ah gong 1 mah...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

rude pedestrians, rude cyclists, rude motorists, rude policemen, rude people ... no wonder STOMP is doing so well ... huat ah!

Just from a practical view point, Singapore's landspace cannot sustain the "a car in every garage (or HDB Parking lot)" vision. Sad but true.

Like moths to a flame, the question is not "why should we get burnt?!?!", but that of are you financially strong (or knuckle-headed) enough to take the burn.

I'm still happy with public transport for now. But I will be joining the moth crowd when I have children. So hang tough in there, and just suck it up bros!

holy crap! this is ridiculous!

hopefully, the high charges won't divert traffic to other routes and it turn, cause another traffic issue there. and if there are traffic congestions, gantries will be put up, ERP kicks in and hopes to discourage motorists from using that road.

and what do you know, they go elsewhere and the whole cycle starts over. round and round we go and no solution is at hand. only someone's pocket is bulging with additional cash.

Erp doesnt seem to improve road conditions, they are just delaying the traffic to another time slot...same roads, same jam, different time.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Soon Singapore will be full of ERP gantry, when the gantries are gone, your vehicle will be GPS tracked!

Quote Originally Posted by sbs99 View Post
    Erp doesnt seem to improve road conditions, they are just delaying the traffic to another time slot...same roads, same jam, different time.
    My left pocket now has $10 more, when in fact the $10 came from the right pocket, overall no difference. How can increasing these ERP rates control or kerb traffic, it doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper ShutterBug View Post
    Soon Singapore will be full of ERP gantry, when the gantries are gone, your vehicle will be GPS tracked!
    and when you try to disable the GPS device, your car will be rendered inoperable.

Big brother is watching

GPS dun work inside KPE... lol...

probably the next unit we have in our car will look like the one in taxi, when u start engine, 10 bucks deducted... then each traffic light 1 buck... every min of waiting 50cents...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

My left pocket now has $10 more, when in fact the $10 came from the right pocket, overall no difference. How can increasing these ERP rates control or kerb traffic, it doesn't take a genius to figure that out.
    right but singapore men, according to this street walker are stupid... http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=322574

that's why they still haven't figured out the problem yet

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post

probably the next unit we have in our car will look like the one in taxi, when u start engine, 10 bucks deducted... then each traffic light 1 buck... every min of waiting 50cents...
    the unit will also work in sleep mode when your car is turned off. every hour your car is parked, 1 buck deducted... *ka-ching*

i think next step into or out of the house there will be erp too...since technically the home isnt completely yours, u owe here and there and havent fully paid up. By preventing late payment, they deduct straight away when you pass your own gate.

To get something from them can take eons, and reminder for them on your part.
    To take something from you must be immediately, if not face lawyer letter, fines,
    removal of priviledges, etc.
    One-North Explorers

i think next step into or out of the house there will be erp too...since technically the home isnt completely yours, u owe here and there and havent fully paid up. By preventing late payment, they deduct straight away when you pass your own gate.

To take something from you must be immediately, if not face lawyer letter, fines,
    this is my country, these are my friends... blah, blah, blah... we are singapore, singaporeans

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    this is my country, these are my friends... blah, blah, blah... we are singapore, singaporeans
    One-North Explorers

Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    i know there's a rule against cycling on the pavement, i don't understand why there's a need for such a rule when our pavements are so wide. and i know some petty pedestrians like to take advantage of this rule to get rid of cyclists on the pavement, on the other hand cyclists in singapore (just like drivers) are indeed generally quite rude. the cycle just go on and on and on btw, OT liao lah, ERP! ERP! ERP! (maybe in future cyclists will need to pay ERP also ... heh heh heh)
    Blame cyclist also no use. Human is like that one la. I wonder whether I should bring a honk while walking next time as I do walk fast n like to overtake ppl
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

drive on the pavement

Future babies born will be IC tagged in the brain and linked to hardware wirelessly. As we grow the nasty thoughts we have will be automatically penalise! How's that for privacy?

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post

Then the Gantry will be inside the tunnel

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234