Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ERP $5

Default Re: ERP $5

Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    Me consider inexperience enough. That day when I rented a car, one lady in white scooter(P-plate also), even more inexperience than me.

I was travelling at 2nd lane (count from left side) and then, she from 3rd lane, cut into mine n slow down! WTF! I was hitting 80km/h that time n luckily, I got time to react n lane change to outside. I pass by her n she still look at us. WTF again! Next time you all see a white scooter driven by a lady, beware of her. Lane change like her father owns the road like that one.
    WHITE scooter leh. wait she mata how?

or worse... wait ...
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    some auntie will complain to the police you cycle on pedestrian path and some uncle will complain to the police you cycle on the road the cycle goes on and on and on ...
    Sorry hor, police can do much on me for cycling on the road with helmet on. On the pavement, I doubt I will cycle on it cause I hate those who cycle on it n keeps ringing the bell.

Talk abt bicycle. I know why ppl cycle on the pavement cause the MRT stations got place for them to put their bicycle. What if that been removed, will it solve half of the problem?
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    WHITE scooter leh. wait she mata how?

or worse... wait ...
    The way she dress is not mata la. Basket ball her. One day, ppl sure complain this woman on white scooter. Beware!

The way she dress is not mata la. Basket ball her. One day, ppl sure complain this woman on white scooter. Beware!
    it's WHITE... *ahem* how direct do u want it to be? hahaha
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Me consider inexperience enough. That day when I rented a car, one lady in white scooter(P-plate also), even more inexperience than me.

I was travelling at 2nd lane (count from left side) and then, she from 3rd lane, cut into mine n slow down! WTF! I was hitting 80km/h that time n luckily, I got time to react n lane change to outside. I pass by her n she still look at us. WTF again! Next time you all see a white scooter driven by a lady, beware of her. Lane change like her father owns the road like that one.
    80km/h only u zhun liao...

u try expressway, you are in the blind spot of another car, then he suddenly swerve in, then next to you is the opposite side of the expressway... another car tail gate u... its either u lower your gear and speed up, or everyone go heaven... but i will curse the MPV driver to hell lah...

OT:

i just perfected a trick... to deter ppl from using high beam... but must sacrifice 1 mirror... hehe... yesterday i manage to shine back a big lorry behind me until he beh tahan... haha...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    80km/h only u zhun liao...

u try expressway, you are in the blind spot of another car, then he suddenly swerve in, then next to you is the opposite side of the expressway... another car tail gate u... its either u lower your gear and speed up, or everyone go heaven... but i will curse the MPV driver to hell lah...

OT:

i just perfected a trick... to deter ppl from using high beam... but must sacrifice 1 mirror... hehe... yesterday i manage to shine back a big lorry behind me until he beh tahan... haha...
    I always heard other says, you can drive safe but not other. True enough, that's y accident always happened.

It's time to sell away your car and get a bicycle, more cost effective.
    Park your bicycle outside the MRT station and take the MRT, no jam.
    No point giving away all your hard-earn money just to past the stupid CTE lah

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    it's WHITE... *ahem* how direct do u want it to be? hahaha
    During the day la.

During night, I doubt I will bother so much on what color etc...

Time for me to change into Ghost Rider n teach her a lesson. "Look into my eyes"

Quote Originally Posted by maxmax View Post
    It's time to sell away your car and get a bicycle, more cost effective.
    Park your bicycle outside the MRT station and take the MRT, no jam.
    No point giving away all your hard-earn money just to past the stupid CTE lah
    You better cycle on the road n not pavement else u become another bad cyclist. But hor, some who cycle on the road also bochap traffic rules/flow. Human, never learn till accident happened. (Me included )

what's wrong with cycling on pedestrian pavement? the pavements are at least 1.5m wide, some wider than 2m, more than enough space for everyone. in japan pedestrians share the path with cyclists within 1m width, no one complains about it but i realise most people in singapore like to walk in the centre of the path, leaving not much space at the sides even for faster walkers to overtake
    Last edited by eikin; 30th October 2007 at 11:22 AM.

what's wrong with cycling on pedstrian pavement? the pavements are at least 1.5m wide, some wider than 2m, more than enough space for everyone. in japan pedestrians share the path with cyclist within 1m width, no one complains about it but i realise most people in singapore like to walk in the centre of the path, leaving not much space at the sides even for faster walkers to overtake
    You go n read up y can't cycle on pavement. Only tampiness allow, other area, kenna fine. Cycle on pavement is ok to me provided u don't speed n keep ringing that stupid bell. Don't tell me when you drive n want to over take other, you keep horning other car to give way n u zoom pass. Don't make sense mah, you want to over take, go by the side la. For me, if I want to cycle on pavement, don't know hit how many ppl liao. My avg speed is 15 to 20km/h (Can be faster if wanted) That's why I cycle on the road, keep to the side (targetting double yellow line) n also, stop if red light (even for small road) Be safe to other n yourself too.

You go n read up y can't cycle on pavement. Only tampiness allow, other area, kenna fine. Cycle on pavement is ok to me provided u don't speed n keep ringing that stupid bell. Don't tell me when you drive n want to over take other, you keep horning other car to give way n u zoom pass. Don't make sense mah, you want to over take, go by the side la. For me, if I want to cycle on pavement, don't know hit how many ppl liao. My avg speed is 15 to 20km/h (Can be faster if wanted) That's why I cycle on the road, keep to the side (targetting double yellow line) n also, stop if red light (even for small road) Be safe to other n yourself too.
    i know there's a rule against cycling on the pavement, i don't understand why there's a need for such a rule when our pavements are so wide. and i know some petty pedestrians like to take advantage of this rule to get rid of cyclists on the pavement, on the other hand cyclists in singapore (just like drivers) are indeed generally quite rude. the cycle just go on and on and on btw, OT liao lah, ERP! ERP! ERP! (maybe in future cyclists will need to pay ERP also ... heh heh heh)
    Last edited by eikin; 30th October 2007 at 11:34 AM.

OT a bit....It's quite sad actually.....while the gov or town council can spend millions to build world class facilities with our $5 ERP.....you only need a few 3rd class people to abuse it....then the majority rest will suffer the same fate....not single out on the pedestrian pavement only....other things like parks and gardens, buses, MRT, LRT, toilet, stadium etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    But... But.... People are buying cars that cost like $50K a pop and are screaming about high charges?
    u r wrong....most pple wil say car very cheap now...that why so many scratch their car to get back bal of yesteryear COE n buy new car...cheap car...hmmm...so many car on the road..to "solve" it..increase ERP price n stn...pay as u drive ... just like pay as u call...

what's wrong with cycling on pedestrian pavement? the pavements are at least 1.5m wide, some wider than 2m, more than enough space for everyone. in japan pedestrians share the path with cyclists within 1m width, no one complains about it but i realise most people in singapore like to walk in the centre of the path, leaving not much space at the sides even for faster walkers to overtake
    It is truely against the local laws to cycle on the pavement. When I was very young, I once did that and was stopped by a police on motorbike. I ask him since when have this rulling. With a stern look, he said in loud: Since your grandfather's time. Now give me your ic!

I told him singapore is not a safe country and hence i do not find it safe to carry my identity card around. He asked what do I have? I told him I had $5 and he was free to take it. He gave me a warning then.

So, guys, remember, the traffic laws are laid since our grandfather's time. Dont challenge the their forefathers.

Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    It is truely against the local laws to cycle on the pavement. When I was very young, I once did that and was stopped by a police on motorbike. I ask him since when have this rulling. With a stern look, he said in loud: Since your grandfather's time. Now give me your ic!

I told him singapore is not a safe country and hence i do not find it safe to carry my identity card around. He asked what do I have? I told him I had $5 and he was free to take it. He gave me a warning then.

So, guys, remember, the traffic laws are laid since our grandfather's time. Dont challenge the their forefathers.
    how old was u?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

im waiting for the next whole week of the papers with reports justifying the raises.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Quote Originally Posted by sbs99 View Post
    im waiting for the next whole week of the papers with reports justifying the raises.
    with everyone waiting like you, no wonder the papers make good money

with everyone waiting like you, no wonder the papers make good money
    definitely...im good citizen. haaa
    i like to read what they have to say everytime they implement something.
    and the usual nonsensical banter in forum page where many singaporeans
    like to complain about very minor inconvieniences, like implementing bank
    transactions for hell notes. Makes my day.

One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    how old was u?
    was 19 then. But what was disturbing was he was not a very cultured police office commissioned to guard the road in singapore.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast