Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Input chinese character using photoshop

  1. #1

    Default Input chinese character using photoshop

    Hi all:

    May I know does anyone here tried to input chinese character thru Photoshop onto their photos before? I am trying to type chinese character as captions for my photo and I have tried the conventional way of inputing but it does not seem to work.

    Thanks a lot.

  2. #2
    Moderator ziploc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Snoopyland
    Posts
    4,577

    Default Re: Input chinese character using photoshop

    Hi castor,

    Not sure what you mean by your "conventional way of inputing", but here is how you could do it in "the more conventional way":

    If you're using XP, just install the chinese language suppot and turn on advanced text services. After that you can just use the built in IME to enter chinese words in PS.

    How to install Chinese language with MS Pinyin IME:
    1. Control Panel->Regional and Language Options->Languages->Details->Add...
    2. Select the following:
    Input language: "Chinese (PRC)"
    Keyboard layout/IME: "Chinese (Simplified) - US Keyboard"
    3. Click ok.
    4. Enable advanced text services by clicking on the "Advanced" tab, and either check "Extend support of advanced text services to all programs" or UNcheck "Turn off advanced text services".
    5. Click ok.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Input chinese character using photoshop

    Quote Originally Posted by ziploc View Post
    Hi castor,

    Not sure what you mean by your "conventional way of inputing", but here is how you could do it in "the more conventional way":

    If you're using XP, just install the chinese language suppot and turn on advanced text services. After that you can just use the built in IME to enter chinese words in PS.

    How to install Chinese language with MS Pinyin IME:
    1. Control Panel->Regional and Language Options->Languages->Details->Add...
    2. Select the following:
    Input language: "Chinese (PRC)"
    Keyboard layout/IME: "Chinese (Simplified) - US Keyboard"
    3. Click ok.
    4. Enable advanced text services by clicking on the "Advanced" tab, and either check "Extend support of advanced text services to all programs" or UNcheck "Turn off advanced text services".
    5. Click ok.

    Hi, will this work for adobe Photoshop 6.0 ?

  4. #4

    Default Re: Input chinese character using photoshop

    Quote Originally Posted by cchong View Post
    Hi, will this work for adobe Photoshop 6.0 ?
    it definitely works for photoshop cs2.. why don't you try it?

    easily reversible, if it doesn't.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Input chinese character using photoshop

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    it definitely works for photoshop cs2.. why don't you try it?

    easily reversible, if it doesn't.
    Ok thanks. will try it out.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Input chinese character using photoshop

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    it definitely works for photoshop cs2.. why don't you try it?

    easily reversible, if it doesn't.

    Have tried.. seems like it doesn't work for PS 6.0

  7. #7

    Default Re: Input chinese character using photoshop

    I think there are some freeware around to help you do that. I can't remember the link now, but if I remember correctly, I read it here at CS.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Input chinese character using photoshop

    Quote Originally Posted by davee78 View Post
    I think there are some freeware around to help you do that. I can't remember the link now, but if I remember correctly, I read it here at CS.
    Thanks!

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Lentor
    Posts
    538

    Default Re: Input chinese character using photoshop

    It should work. My friend does our church bulletin and in chinese characters so yep you have to try to download chinese fonts 1st maybe? I am using CS2 and it works yup.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Input chinese character using photoshop

    Quote Originally Posted by labla View Post
    It should work. My friend does our church bulletin and in chinese characters so yep you have to try to download chinese fonts 1st maybe? I am using CS2 and it works yup.

    Okie.. let me try it out now! Thanks...

  11. #11

    Default Re: Input chinese character using photoshop

    YEAH! I've done it!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •