Thread: Tourist not paying ahpek trishaw ride.

Arrow UK Tourists not paying ahpek trishaw ride.

This video is making it's round in the internet forum here.

It shows a bunch of UK tourists not paying for their trishaw ride and mocking the ahpek
    Last edited by xtemujin; 29th October 2007 at 06:38 PM.

Default Re: Tourist not paying ahpek trishaw ride.

3 knobs. Retribution awaits.

Pretty rude to a rider who is more than his 60s.

If I had seen this personally, these few would have received a tick-off from me. When I was working in UK, I chewed out a couple of teens on a bus for making fun of a fat Chinese girl (a factory worker in her twenties). Before I got off, I made sure the last one really hurt: that's why you folks lost your colonies. The whole bus chuckled. And of course, I became good friends with the girl. We still chat on MSN.

Probably some cockneys with poor upbringing. Their parents, erm, no probably not,... their great, great grandparents would probably be ashamed of them.

tubad we're not allowed to curse or scold vulgarities in the forums... @!(*!@(*%* to those !@#@$#@%! cant believe they did that to the uncle..

Lynch mob activate!

Hang them by their thumbs!!!

MAKE THEM SUFFER~!
    General Grevious, Star Wars Episode III

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    Lynch mob activate!

Hang them by their thumbs!!!

MAKE THEM SUFFER~!
    General Grevious, Star Wars Episode III
    Cough Cough...

Seriously, they are a disgrace... but lets not go racist over some acts of a few individuals... we have black sheeps among our race as well...

Anybody working at immigration? can run thru a scan on their whereabouts? or FBI or CIA? lol

I would not say all ang mohs are like that but those younger gen are pretty rude to Asian people. I have my fair share of ang mohs in down under Australia as well who is totally rude and have totally no respect for us at all.

I just dunno why has it always got to be that way.........so sad. This is not about discrimination on other races but why is it ang mohs loves to mock us Asians? It is because we are smaller in built? Our skin colour? Our eyes? Or is it we are just too smart?

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla Invades View Post
    I would not say all ang mohs are like that but those younger gen are pretty rude to Asian people. I have my fair share of ang mohs in down under Australia as well who is totally rude and have totally no respect for us at all.

I just dunno why has it always got to be that way.........so sad. This is not about discrimination on other races but why is it ang mohs loves to mock us Asians? It is because we are smaller in built? Our skin colour? Our eyes? Or is it we are just too smart?
    Ur nick says it all my friend. "Size Does Matter".

Its a mentality thing, Ang Mors are generally larger den Asians and rarely u get a 2m Asian Giant with his waist thicker than ur thighs.

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    Ur nick says it all my friend. "Size Does Matter".

Its a mentality thing, Ang Mors are generally larger den Asians and rarely u get a 2m Asian Giant with his waist thicker than ur thighs.
    Bro, understand but doesn't if you are larger means you have to bully us Asian right? Generally speaking, some angmohs i met is ok lar but then again you have some who thinks we are easy to be bullied. I am not too sure about your experience but the silly things they do is just totally uncalled for.

This old man is already 60 plus and I am sure he is just enjoying his twilight years to come. If that old man happens to be someone I am related to, man I would just go find this angmohs and respect us all asians.

I am not sure this is just an isolation case but they maybe mockering on other races as well.

Like my grandfather said "What goes around, comes around".

Their Embassy should see this video. I really feel sad for the ah pek. He is old, putting his fullest strength to ride the 3 "bloody" ang moh! and in the return he need to beg for money~ We slaves? Mr Lee are you here?

I am not sure this is just an isolation case but they maybe mockering on other races as well.

Like my grandfather said "What goes around, comes around".
    It's a dog-eat-dog mentality basically. If you look puny enough (comparatively), the weak-minded will be tempted to pick on you. OTOH if you're built like Yao Ming or have a passing similarity to a Vietnamese gang member who terrorized them just last week, you're fine

could they be working in singapore than just tourists? they sound like one of those skirtchasers working in some highflying creative firm. The cockiness of them about to pull of the stunt of bullying an old man.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

The double standards in this post are shocking!

Just go over the bits ive highlighted and see what you think!

Just to clarify, ang moh is discriminating by race and hair colour, yet you still use it, so infact you are also being racist. You seem to suggest only 'the big scary western people' pick on 'the poor helpless (but terribly smart) asian people' when this is not the case seeing as you are now mocking us.

This video is pathetic I agree, but what goes around comes around, and this definitely does not apply to most British people, especially expats.

Last edited by wildstallion; 29th October 2007 at 02:09 PM.

Some parts of the video make me wonder if it's authentic... *shrug*

I think you can find good and bad people from every where. Don't generalise too much here
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

More like they don't understand what we're trying to say. If you can speak their accent well, it's more likely that you'll be accepted by them.

Anyway, at the end of the video, the guy said thank you, so I guess he probably paid the ah pek.
    Last edited by lsisaxon; 29th October 2007 at 03:20 PM.

It is because of the common misconception that the white race is superior as compared to everyone else. Examples of this idea would be the recent comment by a Nobel Prize winner that Blacks are intellectually inferior to Whites, the idea that aborgines of Australia were labelled less than human by the early white settlers and hence hunted down like animals, the idea by early colonists that we Asians should be grateful for the whites for coming here to "educate" us and teach us about their "God". As some say, what goes around comes around... Now everyone has to bow to China.... the once sick man of the east now the Dragon of the East.

well not every ang moh is like that, i can tell you for certain.. but there is probably a huge proportion of them who will be like that

the same applies for every race, sadly; when i was in secondary school i did a project on race,class and gender in the united states;
    there was a study in which researchers gave young children who had never been in contact with any form of racism dolls to play with; all of different skin colours
    it was observed that the children often "identified" quickly with the dolls of their own skin colour and chose them over the other dolls
    as to the conclusion, hard to say, children are children after all

but hey, what goes around comes around
    one day they will be old and homeless, with that sort of attitude to life

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    well not every ang moh is like that, i can tell you for certain.. but there is probably a huge proportion of them who will be like that

the same applies for every race, sadly; when i was in secondary school i did a project on race,class and gender in the united states;
    there was a study in which researchers gave young children who had never been in contact with any form of racism dolls to play with; all of different skin colours
    it was observed that the children often "identified" quickly with the dolls of their own skin colour and chose them over the other dolls
    as to the conclusion, hard to say, children are children after all

but hey, what goes around comes around
    one day they will be old and homeless, with that sort of attitude to life
    Huge proportion? Where are you even getting this from?

Anyone can use numbers to promote their cause, the examples are right here! If you have such a dislike for us, which is how your coming across, then why have you come to our country to be surrounded by 'people like us'.

Also, if you feel the need to quote examples, please quote relevant ones. How can you compare a study carried out in America (which is that really big country below Canada incase your unsure) with the United Kingdom (that smaller country in Europe)? The example given has lost its validity due to it being standardised for American children, not British children, there is infact a difference.

The issue of racism is a sensitive topic and Im not here to put offense to anyone, so dont read personally into this, unless you have already taken a personal attitude towards it, such as Night86mare. Asia is not innocent. There are a countless number of incredibly racist Chinese people out there in the world, many whom are as bad and/or worse then the 'ang moh's' you so heavily refer too.

This thread has no real purpose other than to stir up old racial hatred and stereotype's rather than promoting a country which is supposedly in racial harmony. This harmony is a long way off, and will continue to be along way off with attitudes like yours.