Thread: Noise Ninja Qn

Default Noise Ninja Qn

Hi all NN users,

Got a qn to clarify. I have installed NN as a pluggin to my PS2. Whenever I open up this pluggin, i notice that by default it does some noise reduction. May I know on what basis does this prog use to reduce noise?

I have loaded the noise profiles of 30D. So if I open a file that was taken with say ISO800 does this software by default will detect what ISO I have taken and reduce the noise based on the 30D ISO 800 profile?

Thanks in advance!
    Canon 5D mkII|24-105 F4 IS L|70-200 F4 IS L|135 F2 L|580EX|

Default Re: Noise Ninja Qn

if not wrong it detect your camera profile or profile you created, then the img noise based on certain mathematics scaning on the img area.

YMMV

Can confirm or any other advise pls?

By default, Noise Ninja does NOT do noise reduction upon opening. Are you referring to the pane on the right side? This pane shows a preivew of a small area of the photo. Noise reduction is applied to the preview according to whatever settings you currently have but your photo is not affected. This is just a preview.

Try to click and hold the button with a curved arrow icon. When clicked, noise reduction is not applied to the preview pane. Let go and noise reduction is applied. This allows you to compare the before and after effects of noise reduction on that particular section of the photo.

Although you may have loaded noise profiles, auto-loading of the profiles may still not be working properly.
    • Check the "Preferences" dialog box (select "Noise Ninja" from the menu bar and click on Preferences).
    • Ensure that "Profile Policy" has "Auto-load profile based on EXIF" selected.
    • Click on "Set auto-loader criteria". For me, I only set the "Manufacturer" and "Model" fields. I leave (or set) everything else to "Soft match" for the left column and "---" for the right column. If you're not sure what values to type in, click the "Auto fill" button.
    • Ensure that the path to your noise profiles folder is correct.
    If your configuration is correct, you will see a message saying "Auto matched: Canon......" near the bottom right of the window when you fire up the plugin.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by kietgnoel View Post
    By default, Noise Ninja does NOT do noise reduction upon opening. Are you referring to the pane on the right side? This pane shows a preivew of a small area of the photo. Noise reduction is applied to the preview according to whatever settings you currently have but your photo is not affected. This is just a preview.

Try to click and hold the button with a curved arrow icon. When clicked, noise reduction is not applied to the preview pane. Let go and noise reduction is applied. This allows you to compare the before and after effects of noise reduction on that particular section of the photo.

Although you may have loaded noise profiles, auto-loading of the profiles may still not be working properly.
    • Check the "Preferences" dialog box (select "Noise Ninja" from the menu bar and click on Preferences).
    • Ensure that "Profile Policy" has "Auto-load profile based on EXIF" selected.
    • Click on "Set auto-loader criteria". For me, I only set the "Manufacturer" and "Model" fields. I leave (or set) everything else to "Soft match" for the left column and "---" for the right column. If you're not sure what values to type in, click the "Auto fill" button.
    • Ensure that the path to your noise profiles folder is correct.
    If your configuration is correct, you will see a message saying "Auto matched: Canon......" near the bottom right of the window when you fire up the plugin.

Hope this helps.
    Great will try out tonight to see if I understand what you are saying