We found our Cat, L, unwell this morning.
L's face was swelled up, lips/mouth and nose were blue.
Eyes seemed to be swelled shut as well.
We believe he was posioned but cause of which is unknown.
L was sent to a Animal Hospiital, where the Doctor diagnosed him
as suffering from Cyanosis, i.e., lack of oxygen inthe blood.
She too could not determine what the source of toxication was.
So far possible causes suggested by the Doctor are, ingestion of
However, we doubt that these could be the cause since there were
none of these lying around.
L was then put under an oxygen mask and given some medication
to purge the toxins out ( antidote for panadol ingestion even though
it could not be the cause)
His temperature was found to be lower than normal and a heating mat
was used to help raise his temperature.
We were told that he would have to be put under observation for a few days.
Test results so far as follows:
Blood Count: OK
Liver: Pending Tests
No vomiting so far.
She had advised us that L's heamogoblin structure was altered (?)
from the toxication which resulted in the lack of oxygen.
Howver the Hospital is unable to carry out such tests to confirm.
She is not too optimistic about his condition.
Worst case scenario would entail a blood transfusion but even
that would entail certain risks of its own.
With such uncertainty over the cause of ailment, I am afraid that
the medical support rendered would be futile or worse,
worsen L's condition.
Hence I am seeking advice from anyone out there who could give
some advice as to what i could possibly do to help L, a second
opinion of sorts.