Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: some flowers on the road side

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default some flowers on the road side


  2. #2

    Default Re: some flowers on the road side

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    sorry for thread digging. came across this post ONLY now.
    Interesting and had deep feelings for this pic.
    Somehow "she" is missing her mum who is no longer around?

  3. #3
    Senior Member zoossh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8,725

    Default Re: some flowers on the road side

    is that in sg?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: some flowers on the road side

    wow, almost half a year ago post yes it's in Singapore, along Punggol Beach.

    Quote Originally Posted by rhan View Post
    sorry for thread digging. came across this post ONLY now.
    Interesting and had deep feelings for this pic.
    Somehow "she" is missing her mum who is no longer around?
    and sorry for the 1 month late reply as well. the words really caught my attention amidst the ''XXX was here'' ''AA loves BB'' type of scribbling on the stone retaining wall along the beach, so i just took it down in a rather simple way. i guess it's a story for anyone to guess.
    Last edited by eikin; 16th April 2008 at 10:36 PM.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,323

    Default Re: some flowers on the road side

    really touching...

  6. #6

    Default Re: some flowers on the road side

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    wow, almost half a year ago post yes it's in Singapore, along Punggol Beach.



    and sorry for the 1 month late reply as well. the words really caught my attention amidst the ''XXX was here'' ''AA loves BB'' type of scribbling on the stone retaining wall along the beach, so i just took it down in a rather simple way. i guess it's a story for anyone to guess.
    the story behind the photo, which you write for yourself

    whatever it is, what a sweet kid, assuming that it should be a kid with the liquid paper/thingy used to write

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: some flowers on the road side

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    the story behind the photo, which you write for yourself


    which reminds me that i took it around the time my grandpa passed away, so i guess the connection is there ... otherwise i might not have given these scribblings the same kind of attention

  8. #8

    Default Re: some flowers on the road side

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    i guess it's a story for anyone to guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewtansj View Post
    really touching...
    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    the story behind the photo, which you write for yourself

    whatever it is, what a sweet kid, assuming that it should be a kid with the liquid paper/thingy used to write


    Agree it is a story for us to guess and how we intepret this.
    You see a sweet kid, I see vandalism
    You think touching, I thinking whether this "kid" got caught and kena caning

    No offence, just trying to share that there are often 2 sides to everything we see

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: some flowers on the road side

    Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    Agree it is a story for us to guess and how we intepret this.
    You see a sweet kid, I see vandalism
    You think touching, I thinking whether this "kid" got caught and kena caning

    No offence, just trying to share that there are often 2 sides to everything we see
    poor ''kid.'' i guess the ''kid'' you're imagining was over 18 years old ... sometimes how a person reads an image in some ways reflect the personality of the person as well ... ok too much Freud

  10. #10

    Default Re: some flowers on the road side

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    poor ''kid.'' i guess the ''kid'' you're imagining was over 18 years old ... sometimes how a person reads an image in some ways reflect the personality of the person as well ... ok too much Freud
    no offense meant grumpy.. but i couldn't resist pointing out the user name you chose.

  11. #11

    Default Re: some flowers on the road side

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    no offense meant grumpy.. but i couldn't resist pointing out the user name you chose.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    92

    Default Re: some flowers on the road side

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    sometimes how a person reads an image in some ways reflect the personality of the person as well ... ok too much Freud
    That is quite true indeed. Interesting observation.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •