Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canon EOS 5D and Nikon D200/D300

Default Re: Canon EOS 5D and Nikon D200/D300

Quote Originally Posted by victorianmedia View Post
    That is irrelevant. Please refer to my point as stated above.

To sum it all off, TS, we are saying for equipment, what works for you works for you. You don't have to justify your reasons to others, and neither can others justify their photographic preferences to you.

In the end, canon=nikon=olympus=fujifilm=leica=pentax=sony=min olta....etc.

You get the idea.
    Then this....

Quote Originally Posted by victorianmedia View Post
    get the 5D.

I have doubts upon the D200's 'durability' now. I can compare my uncle's DSLR (1 year) and my school's (2.5 years) 350Ds and the D200's condition is totally horrible.
    ... is irrelevant too! I was just trying to see what's the cause of your dislike for a 1 yr old D200 compared to a 2.5 yr old 350D. You were the first to post something like that!...

I agree that at the end of the day, whichever camera is able to get you the picture is the better camera. Personally, I am not familiar with Canon's UI, some may not like Nikon's, some may prefer Sony or Pentax or even Olympus, Panasonic and Sigma. At the end of the day, you should be able to take up your camera and shoot without trying to figure out how to do this and that.

So if you're just trying to eat back your words? Simple, delete your posts and I'll delete my remarks. It will cause less confusion.
    Last edited by lsisaxon; 8th November 2007 at 04:26 PM.

TS- if looking for speed, get 40D or wait for D300, for picture quality, get 5D. D200 isn't such a good buy at the moment.

now now boys..

to each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by grantyale View Post
    TS- if looking for speed, get 40D or wait for D300, for picture quality, get 5D. D200 isn't such a good buy at the moment.
    I agree with that. Also, D300 has not been released yet, so I guess other than the few who have been invited to Nikon's announcement, none of us have used it yet to be able to give a proper comment.

I'd say it really depends on what you have before. The best bet is to stick with the same brand as your film SLR because most of the time the lenses might still be interchangeable (eg Nikon F mount, Canon EF mount, Sony/Minolta Alpha mount). It doesn't make economic sense to own 2 different systems.

Thumbs up Re: Canon EOS 5D and Nikon D200/D300

5D
    Buying a DSLR/SLR does'nt make you a photographer, It makes you a DSLR/SLR owner :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12