Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lowest Unique Bid auctions

Default Re: Lowest Unique Bid auctions

Canon EOS 400D for bid now...

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    that is if you win lah... i think it's kinda hard to win. i'm sure there are some suay-khuan people out there.

it's like this, if i can't get the item for the low price, i make sure you don't get it too. i'll bid at whatever low price you bid (hence making your bid not unique anymore). you lose your $5.

if you bid another time, it's another $5 and the whole cycle starts over.

i just hope all bidders out there will play fair.
    Emm, bids are not visible to others.
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

Quote Originally Posted by swampthing View Post
    Hah either way the company wins right, because they win from each bid. They don't care what the final bid is.
    Yeah. I mean the company's people, knowing what the bids are, can just get someone else they know to bid for a price and sell it to them. The bids are not transparent. Then they eat all the bidders' money.

That's why I say they better have a very good auditing mechanism. Else, no one will trust and they will fade away.
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ang View Post
    Emm, bids are not visible to others.
    good and bad lah. good... nobody can sabo your bid. bad... you bid blindly and hope for the best. not good...

Quote Originally Posted by waipeng View Post
    Yeah. I mean the company's people, knowing what the bids are, can just get someone else they know to bid for a price and sell it to them. The bids are not transparent. Then they eat all the bidders' money.
    and we'll see golden taps installed in their office

Member/Tangshooter

that is if you win lah... i think it's kinda hard to win. i'm sure there are some suay-khuan people out there.

it's like this, if i can't get the item for the low price, i make sure you don't get it too. i'll bid at whatever low price you bid (hence making your bid not unique anymore). you lose your $5.

if you bid another time, it's another $5 and the whole cycle starts over.

i just hope all bidders out there will play fair.
    then the suay-khuan people must be veli lich..haha..all running bids are not revealed how to know which is the lowest?

My onli worry is fair play..imagine the staffs/IT admin for the server/site can access to the database, then inform his/her friends/relatives the lowest bid to bid before the bidding closes...

Actually there's a way to counter fairness..heehee..but all humankind are greedy..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    My onli worry is fair play..imagine the staffs/IT admin for the server/site can access to the database, then inform his/her friends/relatives the lowest bid to bid before the bidding closes...
    i bet their own people will wait until the last minute... check the bids via their DB, and then bid for the item at the lowest possible unique price. like that.. win already.

any bidding process which is not transparent is not good. don't know what kind of hanky-panky is going on in the back.

Member/Tangshooter

i bet their own people will wait until the last minute... check the bids via their DB, and then bid for the item at the lowest possible unique price. like that.. win already.

any bidding process which is not transparent is not good. don't know what kind of hanky-panky is going on in the back.
    yes..definitely a lack of transparency..should have at least reveal the total no. of bids received..this way ppl can always do some calculation..

e.g. Total bids x processing fee = X.Amount > or < Retail Price
    For instance, Mercedes Benz -> Processing Fee $38
    Total bids -> 5,000
    X.Amount = 5,000 x $38 = $190,000
    Retail Price of Mercz = $140,000
    Tatarah earning = $50,000 WOW!!! Just 5,000 bids?? Easy man..

Like tat i oso wanna setup domain for ppl to bid liao..

you looking for partner?

once successfull, can sell to microsoft for X billion of dollars. don't think can finish spending everything in our lifetime

you can calculate how much they earn now. once the bid closes, it is revealed

yes..definitely a lack of transparency..should have at least reveal the total no. of bids received..this way ppl can always do some calculation..

e.g. Total bids x processing fee = X.Amount > or < Retail Price
    For instance, Mercedes Benz -> Processing Fee $38
    Total bids -> 5,000
    X.Amount = 5,000 x $38 = $190,000
    Retail Price of Mercz = $140,000
    Tatarah earning = $50,000 WOW!!! Just 5,000 bids?? Easy man..

Last edited by nuts; 30th October 2007 at 06:05 PM.

Member/Tangshooter

Quote Originally Posted by nuts View Post
    you can calculate how much they earn now. once the bid closes, it is revealed
    1345 bids for PSP Slim -> $1 per bid for processing fee
    Total processing fee collected = $1345
    Retail Price of PSP Slim -> less than $500
    Lowest Unique Bid -> $0.25
    Tatarah's Earning -> approximately ~$700 less maintenance fees -> can put up another 2 PSP Slim for bidding

Hopefully not many will bid for the mercs...if they don't hit the quota of 3700 bids then they will make a lost..

just checked their site and it's under maintenance. what? they made enough money already... now can close shop for the day ah?

this is just a scum la, there is no way that you will know is there really a winner, they can even pay a guy to have his photo taken and announce him as the winner dont waste your $$
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

Uh Singapore pools is even less transparent. We don't know how many ppl buy Toto or Singapore Sweep. Don't even know if there's winners for the latter.

Doubt if they'll play cheat anyway. They've already earned their money. Why risk their business?

And wow they're earning money! Amazing! We must stop the locals from opening a business and earning money too!
    Last edited by swampthing; 31st October 2007 at 06:40 AM.

vince123123
    Guests

There's a difference between a reputable company or government opening a business, and a fly-by-night, nobody-heard-of-startup doing so.

That's also the reason why people buy brand name products, instead of China/Taiwan no-name-brand generics.

Why risk? There's no risk if no one can find out?

Uh Singapore pools is even less transparent. We don't know how many ppl buy Toto or Singapore Sweep. Don't even know if there's winners for the latter.

Doubt if they'll play cheat anyway. They've already earned their money. Why risk their business?

And wow they're earning money! Amazing! We must stop the locals from opening a business and earning money too!

Member/Tangshooter

agrees wif u on spools transparency..
    and how much of profit is really put to good use for charity??
    and if u ever go watch a 4d draw, they oni audit the balls how abt the machine?? u don't need an engineer to tell u that the machine is more important than the balls..
    even our neighbouring country malaysia..announce the winners for every draw..

in fact there are many things not so transparent..so how to tell the accuracy of low corruption rate??

vince123123
    Guests

A lot of things can't tell one Even if the lottery isn't transparent, I don't think this website is any far more transparent either.

the bid results are out and i think it's damn funny lor. those that won the item at bids such as $0.03 & $0.04 are questionable.

http://www.tatarah.com.sg/results.php?page=1

for example, the winning bid of $0.03... how come amount at $0.01, $0.02, $0.04, $0.05 and so received so many bids and $0.03 only ONE? don't tell this the winner so damn lucky meh?

and best of all, the site now is still under maintenance and they have cancelled all bids. don't you find it strange?

Woah so fast earn enought $$$ and run road liao
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast