Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 91

Thread: ------- Members' Privacy -------

  1. #61

    Default Re: ------- Members' Privacy -------

    The funny thing is the TS chose not visit this thread when he last logged in

  2. #62

    Default Re: ------- Members' Privacy -------

    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    hi pai, my english not good. what i mean is like parka wrote.
    sorry if my english cause mis-understanding.
    i was saying that the difference between CSer and other members of public is not got more rights or what. it's just that the ppl we shoot in the street are random strangers, and they're not likely to be meet or talk to other CSers ever in their life.

    on the other hand, a shy CSer may feel it's ok to chat with strangers online, or to meet small groups in person. but if his picture is posted on CS, suddenly everyone knows what he looks like. that online "cloak" that makes him comfortable to talk to strangers is removed and he feels paiseh.

    i think the threadstarter is not wrong in thinking that some CSer don't like their picture being taken and posted on the internet. just that maybe his way of phrasing it is too strong already, so make people unhappy.

  3. #63
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: ------- Members' Privacy -------

    Quote Originally Posted by pai View Post
    i was saying that the difference between CSer and other members of public is not got more rights or what. it's just that the ppl we shoot in the street are random strangers, and they're not likely to be meet or talk to other CSers ever in their life.

    on the other hand, a shy CSer may feel it's ok to chat with strangers online, or to meet small groups in person. but if his picture is posted on CS, suddenly everyone knows what he looks like. that online "cloak" that makes him comfortable to talk to strangers is removed and he feels paiseh.

    i think the threadstarter is not wrong in thinking that some CSer don't like their picture being taken and posted on the internet. just that maybe his way of phrasing it is too strong already, so make people unhappy.
    well, that is double standard. atleast to me.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  4. #64

    Default Re: ------- Members' Privacy -------

    Quote Originally Posted by fuschia View Post
    After reading all the replies, i think this has sort of deviated from the original intention of the TS. I would think the ts had meant this:

    Members of CS gather for photo outings, be it still life, landscape or candid. Candid could be strangers on the streets or the fellow CS member in the group. However to have such an outing, it was assumed that everyone would know each other, seen each other's face and had built a certain level of rapport and comfort level. So it didnt seem quite appropriate for anyone to post another CS member's face on CS or any other website - be it candid or posed, as it would break the comfort zone of every individual. Do also bear in mind that not everyone knows each other's threshold of tolerance (unless made known) esp on the first outing. The person in the pic might not like it or might not even have knowledge that his/her picture is surfacing somewhere in the cyberspace. I think it is of basic courtesy and politeness to either let the person know or ask the person if he could post his/her pic on line. In another scenario, this photographer doesnt ask, and this person in question happens to chance upon his/her own pic online, he/she would feel that his/her privacy has been violated all of a sudden, esp if it has only been the first outing. He/she can request to have it taken down. Out of ethics and professionalism the photographer should remove the post.

    Just take it as not everyone wants people to know how she/he looks like? (esp if there's a public enemy! )

    Well since its all about establishing friendships, going on outings and learning from one another. why make life miserable for everyone? i think we should respect each other's decisions, request and integrity. We make friends, not enemies...and no harm asking, or acceding to others' requests?
    hehe...TS can come in and explain/defend himself

  5. #65
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: ------- Members' Privacy -------

    Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    hehe...TS can come in and explain/defend himself
    TS is converted from Plaintiff to Defendant... problem is...















    Siang si Judge?

  6. #66

    Default Re: ------- Members' Privacy -------

    Quote Originally Posted by fuschia View Post
    After reading all the replies, i think this has sort of deviated from the original intention of the TS. I would think the ts had meant this:

    Members of CS gather for photo outings, be it still life, landscape or candid. Candid could be strangers on the streets or the fellow CS member in the group. However to have such an outing, it was assumed that everyone would know each other, seen each other's face and had built a certain level of rapport and comfort level. So it didnt seem quite appropriate for anyone to post another CS member's face on CS or any other website - be it candid or posed, as it would break the comfort zone of every individual. Do also bear in mind that not everyone knows each other's threshold of tolerance (unless made known) esp on the first outing. The person in the pic might not like it or might not even have knowledge that his/her picture is surfacing somewhere in the cyberspace. I think it is of basic courtesy and politeness to either let the person know or ask the person if he could post his/her pic on line. In another scenario, this photographer doesnt ask, and this person in question happens to chance upon his/her own pic online, he/she would feel that his/her privacy has been violated all of a sudden, esp if it has only been the first outing. He/she can request to have it taken down. Out of ethics and professionalism the photographer should remove the post.

    Just take it as not everyone wants people to know how she/he looks like? (esp if there's a public enemy! )

    Well since its all about establishing friendships, going on outings and learning from one another. why make life miserable for everyone? i think we should respect each other's decisions, request and integrity. We make friends, not enemies...and no harm asking, or acceding to others' requests?

    again i ask. why so secretive? then might as well not go out and meet ppl? what is the difference? that thousands of cs members are jacking off from the pictures?

    come on.

  7. #67

    Default Re: ------- Members' Privacy -------

    Quote Originally Posted by fuschia View Post
    the intention is to go out and shoot, not shoot one another's face and post on cs or other sites.... like that might as well go on your own planned cs portraiture/studio shoot??
    sometimes we shoot candids during outings. there should not be any default restrictions on posting photos. if a person in the photo feels that the photo shows him or her unfavourably, the person just needs to contact the poster and request the photo not be displayed. not a big deal.

  8. #68

    Default Re: ------- Members' Privacy -------

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    TS is converted from Plaintiff to Defendant... problem is...















    Siang si Judge?

    dunno leh....wonder if TS kena detained somewhere

  9. #69

    Default Re: ------- Members' Privacy -------

    Quote Originally Posted by fuschia View Post
    the intention is to go out and shoot, not shoot one another's face and post on cs or other sites.... like that might as well go on your own planned cs portraiture/studio shoot??
    how often does someone's pictures turns up in a compromising position?

  10. #70

    Default Re: ------- Members' Privacy -------

    Quote Originally Posted by boredphuck View Post
    how often does someone's pictures turns up in a compromising position?
    good point...most times probably new paper prints it first

  11. #71
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: ------- Members' Privacy -------

    Quote Originally Posted by fuschia View Post
    Also hor im speaking on behalf of all the lady photographers.. who do not wish to have accidental slip of their censored parts shown on line, or their unnecessary flaws, their unglam sides and blahblahblah......

    women are more sensitive to such issues i guess.
    1) so much for man and woman being equal.
    2) so next time if ladies wants to join a group outing, make sure put on makeup 1st lor.
    3) still, like my previous post, why you guys have double standard? it is ok to do candid street shoot that may or may not show their unnecessary flaws, their unglam sides and blahblahblah...... and post here, but not if it a cs is involve, especially when it is a lady?????
    4) after all the discussion on rights of photogs and stret photography here in cs, this is what we get????
    Last edited by denniskee; 28th October 2007 at 12:23 AM.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  12. #72

    Default Re: ------- Members' Privacy -------

    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    1) so much for man and woman being equal.
    2) so next time if ladies wants to join a group outing, make sure put on makeup 1st lor.
    3) still, like my previous post, why you guys have double standard? it is ok to do candid street shoot that may or may not show their unnecessary flaws, their unglam sides and blahblahblah...... and post here, but not if it a cs is involve, especially when it is a lady?????
    4) after all the discussion on rights of photogs and stret photography here in cs, this is what we get????
    2a...make sure hide away all the things that are not meant to be seen

  13. #73
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: ------- Members' Privacy -------

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    refer to this for outing outfit

  14. #74
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: ------- Members' Privacy -------

    Quote Originally Posted by fuschia View Post
    Also hor im speaking on behalf of all the lady photographers.. who do not wish to have accidental slip of their censored parts shown on line, or their unnecessary flaws, their unglam sides and blahblahblah......

    women are more sensitive to such issues i guess.
    remind me of a particular headless one...

  15. #75
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: ------- Members' Privacy -------

    heh ... people shoot already can don't post on CS, since there's always STOMP

  16. #76

    Default Re: ------- Members' Privacy -------

    Saw this quote somewhere before...learn to laugh at life and life will laugh with you.

    http://fotokrazy.com/cms/component/o...26/topic,13.0/ You might have to register but this thread alone makes the effort worthwhile. It's a bunch of photographers, guys and girls who are probably a lot less stressed than us.

  17. #77
    Member Parka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    1,067

    Default Re: ------- Members' Privacy -------

    I remember there's a CS overseas outing once, and people were posting photographers-photographed photos
    lol

  18. #78
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: ------- Members' Privacy -------

    if you don't want people to know your camera can gaffer up or don't bring out ... if you don't want people to know how you look like can also gaffer yourself up or don't go out lor

  19. #79
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: ------- Members' Privacy -------

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    if you don't want people to know your camera can gaffer up or don't bring out ... if you don't want people to know how you look like can also gaffer yourself up or don't go out lor
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  20. #80
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: ------- Members' Privacy -------

    From my point of view, I reckon that the TS is not exactly advocating double standards, just some understanding from fellows in the same circle. Whilst you may be legally entitled to do so, sometimes some small favours are extended to members of the same community.

    For example (and purely for illustration purposes only), doctors are usually reluctant to testify against another fellow professional in a medical negligence suit; or army regulars will stick together against the NSFs or something; or any other similar situation. That is what I believe the TS is asking for. You are free to disregard it since legally you have the right to, all I believe he's asking is that kaki-lang try to chummy chummy a bit as opposed to people outside the circle.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •