Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ------- Members' Privacy -------

Default Re: ------- Members' Privacy -------

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    so ah gong write sms on leaf?

got 1500 sms free....if not why the trees in singapore keep dropping.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

erm... if we take pictures of animals in the zoo... must ask the zookeepers for permission before we can post the pictures online

eh salah liao... should ask the animals themselves

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    Sifu, where to buy this suit har? Very good for my birding camo.

Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch View Post
    I'm planning to build one myself... Now I need to get the base first, probably a full over-all in green...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Blog Entries

not sure, i just did a google

but this is the site

http://www.surplusandadventure.com/ishop/

i see there are nothing to debate abt, thread close for good.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

It all boils down to common sense/courteousy.

But it doesn't give anyone the moral (or legal) right to insist people seek permission for putting up photos of other people, CS members or otherwise, as long as it's not slanderous. Seriously, what's the issue?

And please don't come and quote other countries laws here. It's got completely no relevance.

However, final parting shot: If someone requests (nicely!) that his/her photo be taken down, do oblige. Both sides give and take, lah.

a lot of ppl coming out to whack threadstarter...

can i say a few words from another point of view? *prepare flame proof suit*

some people are shy and would rather not have everyone know what they look like.

this applies to all people, not just photographers or CSers. so why should we treat CSers differently from the people in the street that we just shoot and post? there's no legal reason to avoid doing so.

the one difference is that we don't interact with those random strangers. we can see a picture of them on the forum, but will probably never ever ever meet them in real life or even know their name.

but we chat and interact on this forum all the time. and some CSers who are more shy may prefer not to have their face shown to everyone.

there's no *must* here lah. but courtesy and consideration are not about *must*. that's what makes it special.

Quote Originally Posted by pai View Post

some people are shy and would rather not have everyone know what they look like.

this applies to all people, not just photographers or CSers. so why should we treat CSers differently from the people in the street that we just shoot and post? there's no legal reason to avoid doing so.

the one difference is that we don't interact with those random strangers. we can see a picture of them on the forum, but will probably never ever ever meet them in real life or even know their name.

but we chat and interact on this forum all the time. and some CSers who are more shy may prefer not to have their face shown to everyone.

there's no *must* here lah. but courtesy and consideration are not about *must*. that's what makes it special.

If you to look again at the first post.

Rafael wrote, " to highlight the privacy of each and every member of clubsnap".

He was not talking about himself, or maybe a few of his friends.

He was trying to make a statement about the rights for EVERY member of CS.

I can understand if one is shy. But to make one's own preference to be something more universal is surely inappropriate!

Quote Originally Posted by Anjinnete Ross View Post
    I can understand if one is shy. But to make one's own preference to be something more universal is surely inappropriate!
    fair enough.

i was just pointing out what could be a difference between posting street pix and posting pix of CSers you met at an outing.

to guaranty privacy, best is to never leave the house, and to make sure all the curtains and blinds are drawn shut.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    to guaranty privacy, best is to never leave the house, and to make sure all the curtains and blinds are drawn shut.
    Good one bro.

Also remember not to have web cam on your laptop or PC..

best privacy is 6 feet under because media is so invasive nowadays.

Good one bro.

Also remember not to have web cam on your laptop or PC..
    and take shrink tube to wrap whole body, and bathe in them as well...

I wish there was this much chat about photography and images...

What a waste of time thread this is...

+1
    Last edited by sk.images; 26th October 2007 at 08:27 PM.

?? so does it mean photogs has the copy right of all photos that shows his/her face, while the rest of human race dont have the right?
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    ?? so does it mean photogs has the copy right of all photos that shows his/her face, while the rest of human race dont have the right?
    aiyah dennis, pls read what i wrote again. it's not about copyright.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafael View Post
    Iíd like to highlight the privacy of any and every members of Clubsnap.

Member(s) who have had taken the picture(s) of another fellow member(s) during any group trip, please obtain his/her approval/consent before posting the picture(s) in the internet whether Clubsnap or at any other website for public viewing.

This is a kind of respect for fellow membersí privacy, Iím sure any photographer himself/herself would want to be treated the same way. Unless member(s) is/are very sure that the person cannot be identified which usually not the case.

Thank you for your co-operation and understanding.
    still trying to understand

Quote Originally Posted by Rafael View Post
    Iíd like to highlight the privacy of any and every members of Clubsnap.

Member(s) who have had taken the picture(s) of another fellow member(s) during any group trip, please obtain his/her approval/consent before posting the picture(s) in the internet whether Clubsnap or at any other website for public viewing.

This is a kind of respect for fellow membersí privacy, Iím sure any photographer himself/herself would want to be treated the same way. Unless member(s) is/are very sure that the person cannot be identified which usually not the case.

Thank you for your co-operation and understanding.
    So if the person in the photo is not a member of Clubsnap, it's ok to post the photos here?
    I suppose it's ok since there are tons of photos like that in Clubsnap gallery.

But what's the difference between members of Clubsnap and members of the public? Member of Clubsnap have better privacy protection?

aiyah dennis, pls read what i wrote again. it's not about copyright.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parka View Post
    So if the person in the photo is not a member of Clubsnap, it's ok to post the photos here?
    I suppose it's ok since there are tons of photos like that in Clubsnap gallery.

But what's the difference between members of Clubsnap and members of the public? Member of Clubsnap have better privacy protection?

hi pai, my english not good. what i mean is like parka wrote.
    sorry if my english cause mis-understanding.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast