Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: F1 night race given green light - Singapore GP

Default Re: F1 night race given green light - Singapore GP

Quote Originally Posted by pl4nx View Post
    i can't imagine how the noise will be. those staying near CBD will be provided with complimentary wake up call service during the race
    but hell..it's a good wake up call, the engine sound is beautiful...you can hear it from miles away. it was at least 5 km between my place and albert park circuit.

any idea of how's the pricing will be for singapore GP?
    No idea man but in SG, it can't be cheap!

The race will be in the evening/night, so maybe the night shift guys staying near town will be affected.

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    No idea man but in SG, it can't be cheap!

The race will be in the evening/night, so maybe the night shift guys staying near town will be affected.
    hahaha...indeed, it's not cheap here either.
    offices will definitely be affected..confirm need earplug to withstand the blaring sound.
    i think office windows will be boarded by sorts of ads, otherwise they'll get free seats .

Anyone know where to get the red T-shirt that the team wears? Ie the one that looks like quick-fit material etc.

Cheers from way back in 2002

nice one there di0nysus.

during the 3 days of the race, there will be quite a few stalls setup selling official merchandise. you can pick up your shirt from there. quite pricey though.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt....

hahaha...indeed, it's not cheap here either.
    offices will definitely be affected..confirm need earplug to withstand the blaring sound.
    i think office windows will be boarded by sorts of ads, otherwise they'll get free seats .
    so, what i had heard was true. though i dunno how they'll block off all the windows of the high rise buildings in the area. like i said earlier, anything is possible in Singapore.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt....

Quote Originally Posted by asterixsg View Post
    so, what i had heard was true. though i dunno how they'll block off all the windows of the high rise buildings in the area. like i said earlier, anything is possible in Singapore.
    My office is on the 36th floor, with a birdseye view of the track. They're very welcome to board the windows if they're that knuckle-headed

Lower floors of office buildings might be block with ads but I dun think they want to deck out entire buildings with ads. The higher floors might be spared.

yeah..city of possibilities. i bet they gonna milk the profits until the laaast drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunbucker View Post
    My office is on the 36th floor, with a birdseye view of the track. They're very welcome to board the windows if they're that knuckle-headed
    you can bore a hole in both your window and board or whatever used to cover it.
    maybe cost of replacing window can be cheaper than buying VIP tickets.

yeah..city of possibilities. i bet they gonna milk the profits until the laaast drop.

you can bore a hole in both your window and board or whatever used to cover it.
    maybe cost of replacing window can be cheaper than buying VIP tickets.

I like this one a lot
    Let me make a banner out of it.
    Singapore. The city of possibilities. Where profits are milked until the laaaaast drop.

Alonso bye bye McLaren!

Former world champion Fernando Alonso has left McLaren after agreeing an early release from his contract.

McLaren and Alonso have had an acrimonious relationship this season and a team statement said that both parties had "agreed to move on".

Alonso is free to join another team in 2008, and his agent said neither party would pay a financial penalty.

Red Bull and Renault are the favourites to sign him, and BBC Sport understands Red Bull are the more likely option.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/moto...ne/7074737.stm

thanks for sharing bro.

Woah ! So many juicy sub-plots within that main plot.

1. Never knew Red Bull was in the picture. It was always Toyota or Renault. If Alonso goes to Red Bull, who will make way ? Coulthard or Webber ?
    2. A swap between Heikki and Alonso makes more sense. Though Flavio would rather hold on to Heikki than Fisi.
    3. Alsono could move to Ferrari in 2009 ? So, Ferrari would have two STARS in the same team !!! Wonder how can they manage the bad boy Alonso. If Luca de Montezemolo is a fan of Alonso, wouldn't he expect Ferrari to favour Alonso ? Then Kimi will be sidelined ? Oh man, this would be the worst scenario.
    4. It would be an interesting scenario if McLaren doesn't get the same performance out of their car in 2008 as they got in 2007. How would Hammy react to it ?

eh... how can Ferrari have two stars in 2009 in the form of Kimi and Alonso? i thought Massa's contract is up to 2010?

but i don't like the idea of Alonso driving for Ferrari. i don't like his attitude. he can be driving for any other teams for all i care. but not Ferrari. we don't need a sore loser in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    eh... how can Ferrari have two stars in 2009 in the form of Kimi and Alonso? i thought Massa's contract is up to 2010?

but i don't like the idea of Alonso driving for Ferrari. i don't like his attitude. he can be driving for any other teams for all i care. but not Ferrari. we don't need a sore loser in the team.
    I second that lah, bro

These days contracts don't seem to have any meaning, do they ? If McLaren can release Alonso after 1 year out of a 3 year contract, there is no reason to believe that Ferrari cannot do that to Massa. I read that Jean Todt's son manages Massa. So, as long as Todt is at the helm of Ferrari racing, I guess it will be in his interests to keep Massa in the team.

I am also keen to know if Ross Brawn is gonna return to Ferrari or not. If yes, in what position. He was the brain, the mastermind behind Schumi's success.

I think Ferrari better think properly before making any move!

Red Bull is rich, can afford Alonso's pay. Toyota is really in a rut. Williams used Toyota engines last season and they out perform the Toyotas. Dun think he wanna rot in Toyota for 1-2 years.

Its best Alonso goes back to Renault as this is probably the team for him. Renault is also the fastest among those teams listed. Pity Williams dun have a big budget, if not, I think he can fire Williams back into contention.

hmm.. hope will have a chance to go watch the race.. maybe i'll take leave from NS.
    Kodak Easyshare C875
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by raptor1988 View Post
    hmm.. hope will have a chance to go watch the race.. maybe i'll take leave from NS.
    lol You dun need leave to watch la. Just take off can already. Leaves are for overseas trip.

Anyway, the race is on the weekend, so dun need any off or leave. If your unit have nothing on that weekend, sure can go. If you want to watch the friday practice, then have to take off.

Alonso offered return to Renault

Renault chief Flavio Briatore has offered Fernando Alonso a deal to return to the team which helped him win the 2005 and 2006 world titles.
    Alonso has left McLaren and speculation suggests he could move to a team for a year before a switch to Ferrari.

But Briatore says Renault are not prepared to be an interim measure.

"I have presented a project for the future to Fernando," Briatore told Italian sports daily La Gazzetta dello Sport's website.

A mischievous remark by Williams' Patrick Head has led to genuine speculation that Michael Schumacher might be limbering up to abandon retirement after just one year.

more details here...

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/051120...eculation.html

Seriously, do you think Schumi will ever drive a McLaren ? I don't think so and I hope he doesn't too.

A mischievous remark by Williams' Patrick Head has led to genuine speculation that Michael Schumacher might be limbering up to abandon retirement after just one year.

more details here...

Seriously, do you think Schumi will ever drive a McLaren ? I don't think so and I hope he doesn't too.
    He is a naughty boy to suggest that! But hmm.......Mercedes is german....

Dun think Schumi will come back.

more details here...

OMG! He is really coming out of retirement!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/moto...ne/7080715.stm

M. Schumacher could not stay away from the F1 car.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast