Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: F1 night race given green light - Singapore GP

Default Re: F1 night race given green light - Singapore GP

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    but i'm sure there are watering holes where you are that you can go to for some sporting action right? beers are cheap down there ain't it?
    They watch more of their own football leagues, rugby and AFL. Boring... Cheap beers but disgusting

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    Canew, if you know the prices of the tickets, let us know? Thanks.
    Errr. Sure, but I also rely on the Singapore GP website for my info.

Worst possible scenario is it rains lor and the roads are super wet.........then we will have the WORLD'S FIRST WET NIGHT FORMULA ONE race.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla Invades View Post
    Worst possible scenario is it rains lor and the roads are super wet.........then we will have the WORLD'S FIRST WET NIGHT FORMULA ONE race.
    yeah... and it will gonna be a hell of a race. there'll be widespread damages done. i don't think there are any run-off areas around the circuit here.

so far... i don't recall any rainfall during the Monaco GP.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla Invades View Post
    Then all drivers will be racing at 50km/h

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Then all drivers will be racing at 50km/h
    now Bernds Maylander can f**k the drivers for driving too slow

Steve Slater is raving about the SGGP already. He said: 'The world can't wait!' and he also can't wait. But I say: lan lan, have to wait. Slater said his journelist friends said that the Anderson bridge will become the icon of SGGP.

Official word from F1.com
    FIA green light Singapore night race

Something interesting about the massive logistics involved in F1
    Super Aguri’s guide to feeding a Formula One team

2008 Formula One calendar:

March 16 Australia (Melbourne)
    March 23 Malaysia (Sepang)
    April 6 Bahrain (Sakhir)
    April 27 Spain (Barcelona)
    May 11 Turkey (Istanbul)
    May 25 Monaco
    June 8 Canada
    June 22 France
    July 6 Britain (Silverstone)
    July 20 Germany (Hockenheim)
    Aug 3 Hungary (Hungaroring)
    Aug 24 Europe (Valencia)**
    Sep 7 Belgium (Spa-Francorchamps)
    Sep 14 Italy (Monza)
    Sep 28 Singapore
    Oct 12 Japan (Fuji)
    Oct 19 China (Shanghai)
    Nov 2 Brazil (Interlagos)

**subject to circuit approval

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/moto...ne/6911269.stm
    Found out from papers that the Valencia street circuit will host the European GP. Germany GP will return with Hockenheim. Suzuka will return in 2009, so its still Fuji in 2008. USGP is off the calander, so Canew can sleep.

USGP is off the calander, so Canew can sleep.
    Ya, the previously back to back Canadian & US GPs give me a headache. Until forgot to start the US GP F1 thread a few times. But Bro afbug, keeps tab on me!

a bit off topic lah, and i didn't want to start a new thread for this. sorry for the OT.

i dunno about you guys, but i don't watch much sport other that F1. And paying 25 bucks to Star Sports every month, just doesn't cut it for me anymore. So i've cancelled my Star Sports subscription. Will consider reactivating it when the next season begins in March.

Do you know of of any sports cafe that shows F1 live ? The only place I know is the Terrace at Conrad Hotel and that's way too expensive for me. Comes to almost 50 bucks per person per race, if I factor in the beers and finger food.

I don't mind paying 25 bucks for a couple of beers and enjoy the race at a cafe with other F1 fanatics. I had suggested this idea to a friend of mine who runs a cafe. She told me that StarHub charges 600 bucks a month for commercial use. So, it doesn't make business sense for her unless she opens it up for soccer matches and all kinda sports.

anyone here got any other suggestions ? if not, i'll have no choice but to pay 25 bucks a month to StarHub and think that I am paying for Paula's presence in my living room
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt....

Quote Originally Posted by asterixsg View Post
    a bit off topic lah, and i didn't want to start a new thread for this. sorry for the OT.

i dunno about you guys, but i don't watch much sport other that F1. And paying 25 bucks to Star Sports every month, just doesn't cut it for me anymore. So i've cancelled my Star Sports subscription. Will consider reactivating it when the next season begins in March.

Do you know of of any sports cafe that shows F1 live ? The only place I know is the Terrace at Conrad Hotel and that's way too expensive for me. Comes to almost 50 bucks per person per race, if I factor in the beers and finger food.

I don't mind paying 25 bucks for a couple of beers and enjoy the race at a cafe with other F1 fanatics. I had suggested this idea to a friend of mine who runs a cafe. She told me that StarHub charges 600 bucks a month for commercial use. So, it doesn't make business sense for her unless she opens it up for soccer matches and all kinda sports.

anyone here got any other suggestions ? if not, i'll have no choice but to pay 25 bucks a month to StarHub and think that I am paying for Paula's presence in my living room

Nothing like a comfort of your home..........I am paying that premium as well but I do watch other sport as well. A bit of the sports fanatic fan......

I got no idea man. I normally watch the races at home. Like most lazy guys, I enjoy lazing at home with chips and cold drink/beer in hand watching sports without distraction.

Yeah if you dun watch other sports, the subscription is not worth it.

I feel for you bro! My situation is not that bad as there are soccer, tennis, and golf fans in the home. For me personally, I don't go to the sports channel unless there's F1 or Tennis on.

BTW, read in today's papers that the lighting will be four times brighter than a soccer match! I can't wait to see the actual lighting.

Do any of the bros know how one can be part of the "official event photographers?". Implications on rights of the photographs etc?

Yeah the lighting will be really bright. Read from papers that the lights will be mounted on 'racks' and powered by 12 generators. Got 1 test driver said must wear sunglasses. But I forgot who sadi it.

The sports I watch: Football, mostly european. Racing, mostly F1 and MotoGP, less A1 and rally. Snooker and Pool, sad that they're showing less and less cuesports. Tennis, Batminton and table tennis at times.

Those that I dun watch: Golf, most american sports like baseball, NFL etc. They bore me, not free flowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunbucker View Post
    BTW, read in today's papers that the lighting will be four times brighter than a soccer match! I can't wait to see the actual lighting.

Do any of the bros know how one can be part of the "official event photographers?". Implications on rights of the photographs etc?

I think bro Godzilla will know. I guess he is a full-time photographer, judging by his posts in couple of threads that I've read.

I think half of ClubSNAPpers would apply for the official event photographers. You should've gone to the wakeboarding event in bedok reservoir. I am sure several of the folks there were from ClubSNAP. The camera equipment our guys have
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt....

I think bro Godzilla will know. I guess he is a full-time photographer, judging by his posts in couple of threads that I've read.

I think half of ClubSNAPpers would apply for the official event photographers. You should've gone to the wakeboarding event in bedok reservoir. I am sure several of the folks there were from ClubSNAP. The camera equipment our guys have
    Thanks bro! We can have an impromptu ClubSnap outing there, LOL!

i totally agree with you. why should i pay extra so that the football fanatics can enjoy watching their sport at a cheaper rate? would be best if the football channel can be decoupled from the sports package. then it would be fair to all.

but i think to Starhub, this is the best way to milk non-football watchers for additional cash. bloody corporate buggers.

btw, canceling and reactivating the sports package... will there be admin fee involved every time you do it?

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    i totally agree with you. why should i pay extra so that the football fanatics can enjoy watching their sport at a cheaper rate? would be best if the football channel can be decoupled from the sports package. then it would be fair to all.

but i think to Starhub, this is the best way to milk non-football watchers for additional cash. bloody corporate buggers.

btw, canceling and reactivating the sports package... will there be admin fee involved every time you do it?
    Its like that lah. Want to suck $$$ out of customers. I dun think have any admin fee to reactivate but they might want u to 'sign on'

Meanwhile, FIA boss seem to have a problem with Lewis Hamilton.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/moto...ne/7070564.stm

Hamilton also move house to Switzerland liao.......to be closer to Alonso!

i can't imagine how the noise will be. those staying near CBD will be provided with complimentary wake up call service during the race
    but hell..it's a good wake up call, the engine sound is beautiful...you can hear it from miles away. it was at least 5 km between my place and albert park circuit.

any idea of how's the pricing will be for singapore GP?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast