Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Better than Buffett"

Thumbs down Re: "Better than Buffett"

My old man once told me,

You want to make money, you have to go out and make it yourself. There is no such thing as people making money for you.

IMHO, MLMs have one operating principle:
    The promise of HIGH returns with MINIMUM effort.

They use phrases like "passive income" to imply that you just sit on your arse, and watch the money roll in. And they will have people come in and give fantastic testimonials and they will tell you they give up their permanent day jobs to do this full time. IMHO, It's like hanging a big juicy steak in front of a dog. Then you must first buy some package, a few hundred dollars. Register for a "training session", maybe 50bucks for what is, IMHO, essentially a brainwashing session.

I've been involved is this sh*t before both as a buyer and as a seller. IMHO, these people are cunning. They will want you to cough up a list of 200 contacts and give it to them. IMHO, this is the best way to piss off 200 of your friends, relatives and even people you don't really know when they find out they've been burned.

IMHO, those companies that deal with commodities trading also, big bunch of liars. IMHO, basically any organisation that doesn't care about your work age, experience, qualifications and promise you easy money of between $20-$200/hour, don't EVER trust them.

(Note: IMHO, I DO believe that it IS possible to make big bucks from MLM, etc. But IMHO, it's just too unbelieveable that you can make THAT much money by doing next to nothing??)

Well IMHO, I guess the reason people at the top end of these MLM schemes are so rich is because there are so many gullible and/or greedy people at the bottom to throw money at them.

Just say no. IMHO.
    Last edited by synapseman; 1st November 2007 at 11:19 AM. Reason: "IMHO" has been added in case of misunderstanding.
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

Default Re: "Better than Buffett"

compared w Warren Buffet? Hhahahahhaha.... operate from toa payoh hub? HHHHHAAAAAAA...............

WHO'S YOUR DADDY!??!

Buffett isn't operating an MLM. He is gererating wealth to all his investors. No one is getting ripped off by him, but in Mr Phang's case...

Quote Originally Posted by synapseman View Post

MLMs have one operating principle:
    The promise of HIGH returns with MINIMUM effort.
    Sorry, your allegation is wrong.

There is no free lunch, even in MLM. Your point of view is wrong and unjust. Perhaps, of Junior Network Marketer wrong pitching or perhaps that is your personal view. If the latter is the case, then you cannot say "MLMs have one operating principle". You can perhaps use IMHO, etc...
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ang View Post
    Sorry, your allegation is wrong.
    Are you stating a fact, or an opinion?

Apologies. I always assumed that whatever expressed in forums is always deemed to be personal opinions, unless supported by citation/source.

Yes, IMHO, there is no such thing as a free lunch. I did not imply that MLMs promise free lunches. IMHO, they promise easy money, which IMHO, is quite different from free lunches.

Ooi. You don't have to retaliate me until all sentences also filled with IMHO leh. You know what I mean.
    APAD | Blog

from my understand some MLM now approach a different strategy... they tell their investors. Our MLM is not a get rich fast scheme.... you need YEARS of hard work and investment to make it... but when u make it... you will make it really big. Then they get you to pay for seminars and forums where you cheer for "seniors" who have made it.

Honestly go figure.... in this new way of MLM how long is long before you realised that you wont get the returns as promised.

Being put on alert list can still get awards? An event graced by our PM? Anyone can substantiate this news?

News:
    EGA leaders will receive recognition awards in the "Global Business Opportunities Forum 2007" and "Asia-Pacific Chinese Entrepreneurial Leaders Forum 2007" which will be held from 12 Nov to 15 Nov 2007.

Singapore Prime Minister, Mr. Lee Hsien Loong would be the Guest-of-Honour for the Opening Ceremony for the event.

source : http://www.sunshine-empire-holdings.com/blog/

what the.... MLM! only 1 person wins! the top 1!
    Is this called social engineering? lol

Remind mi of that kind pony schemes that ask ppl to put in money then it will dangle like a year giving the first investors top bucks after which subsequent investors will lose all their money when the company closes down and collapses.
    1stJournal - Painting your life journals since 2008
    Email / Facebook / Instagram

I don't suppose the esteemed Mr Buffett will be laughing his head off if he reads all this?

Quote Originally Posted by Buckteeth LCL View Post
    Being put on alert list can still get awards? An event graced by our PM? Anyone can substantiate this news?

News:
    EGA leaders will receive recognition awards in the "Global Business Opportunities Forum 2007" and "Asia-Pacific Chinese Entrepreneurial Leaders Forum 2007" which will be held from 12 Nov to 15 Nov 2007.

Singapore Prime Minister, Mr. Lee Hsien Loong would be the Guest-of-Honour for the Opening Ceremony for the event.

source : http://www.sunshine-empire-holdings.com/blog/

Anyone can invite PM. The award is organised by a small organisation. Someone even said if you 'donate' money you might just win the award.

serious? anyone can invite the PM? but dun they like check out the event first before turning up?
    Turning up for the wrong event might give the wrong messages. =P
    1stJournal - Painting your life journals since 2008
    Email / Facebook / Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ang View Post
    Ooi. You don't have to retaliate me until all sentences also filled with IMHO leh. You know what I mean.
    Sorry chief. It's nothing personal.

It's just that I get damn worked up whenever I get into discussions about MLM. I've seen the way they work, and was even part of the process for a short while. They are truly scheming people. They may put on the smiley face but at the back of their minds, they are just trying to make themselves richer at the pretense of helping you "achieve your goals".

Like I said, there probably is money to be made, but is it really that easy to earn so much money? Not when they keep asking you to fork out money to pay for this seminar and buy that package and etc. It may be subtle, but the pressure tactics are there. I've heard of some cases where the pressure is less-than-subtle. IMHO (honestly), if it isn't a waste of your money, it is certainly a waste of time.

Pardon me for asking what seems like very naive question: doesn't SE need to have annual audit? They are a Pte Ltd right?

Quote Originally Posted by hobbit6003 View Post
    Point me to the forums...

I was seeing the Chinese charity show on Sunday, and I heard Mark Lee thanking Sunshine Empire Pte Ltd for either a sponsorship or a donation...surely they cant be going bust so soon?
    There's a few threads on Sgforums on this

Awards for two MLM-linked businessmen under review
    Global event's organisers are reconsidering their choice on learning that firm faces investigations
    Lorna Tan, Finance Correspondent
    November 3, 2007

A DECISION to give business awards to two men linked to a controversial multi-level marketing (MLM) firm is now under review.

The awards are due to be handed out during this month's Global Entrepolis event, a huge international business networking event hosted by Singapore.

The firm in question, Sunshine Empire, has been placed on investor alert lists by the authorities in both Singapore and Malaysia as a result of concerns over its business practices. It is also being investigated by the Commercial Affairs Department.

This has prompted organisers of the Global Business Opportunities Forum, part of Global Entrepolis, to review the decision to grant the awards.

Mr James Phang, the man behind Sunshine, was due to receive an Outstanding & Innovative Global Entrepreneur award on Nov 13.

Mr Phang is the founder and international president of Empire Group Alliance (EGA), of which Sunshine is an associate firm.

Mr Ignious Yong, the managing director of Mr Phang's telecommunications arm Empire Communications, was due to get a Most Potential Enterprise award on the same day.

The MLM firm has attracted the attention of the authorities because its activities appear to be like a pure investment scheme - but it is not licensed for such operations.

Last month, EGA was informed by forum organiser Business Ventures of the award winners.

The Straits Times learned about the awards in a blog posting on the Sunshine website. The announcement was posted on Tuesday under the heading 'EGA Leaders to receive GBO Awards from PM Lee'.

When contacted, Global Business Opportunities' founder Winnie Wang said the organisers have had second thoughts about the winners after reading reports on Sunshine in The Straits Times on Oct 24.

'We are shocked by the newspaper reports on Sunshine and are reviewing the winners of the two awards. We are convening a meeting next week to make a final decision,' she said.

A third award category - the Outstanding & Leading Global Technological Awards - which has four winners this year, is unaffected.

Ms Wang said the awards would be given out by Global Business Opportunities' overseas and local chairmen and not by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, as stated in the Sunshine blog.

According to Ms Wang, Sunshine claimed that the blog was not posted by its management. The blog has since been removed.

lorna@sph.com.sg

Swee. Nail well hit.

Imagine how many more ppl will fall into sunshine's clutches when they boasted receiving some business awards, whatsoever. Duh.
    APAD | Blog

Unsubstantiated reports:

* The Empire Strikes Back

Much Maligned MLM company Sunshine Empire has hit back at her detractors in the strangest possible way: By actively seeking to prosecute an annonymous poser of a false article on an online forum.

Said the president of the company,"I will not stand by while the good name of my company is dragged through the mud by this person posting false information online while hiding behind a fake identity. Only The Straits Times and The New Paper is qualified to post negative things about us!"

When the poster of the satirical "article" was asked online by a fellow forumner if he or she was "worried" about being actively sued by Sunshine Empire for making comments online, the poser of the original "article" replied, "suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuue meeeeeeeeeeeeeee lorrrrrrrrrrrrrr."

Apparantly the creator of the comical article felt the company under fire should have much better things to do such as restoring their reputation before their empty promises are shown up for what they are. And since no one was named specifically in the article mentioned, he or she feels reasonably safe from libel suits.

Unconfirmed Press Release:

Empire of the Sun

The "largest Empire in Singapore and beyond" MLM company Sunshine Empire has broken new ground in a shocking press release today which revealed it's involvement in an amazing new project: to build an orbiting space villa in outer space!

They have reportedly roped in NASA as well as the European Space Agency to conduct feasibility studies into opening a operational space station in the model of a floating lions head, with inter-connected rooms where the participants can view the moon and stars. It will be large enough to be seen from Earth.Tourists will also be able to enjoy zero-gravity activities and experience life in space. Quoted the president of the company, "when you open the drapes in your luxury rooms, you will be able to see your friends space-walking!

Members who sign up now will gain exclusive privileges on a first come, first served basis. The exclusive package, which includes astronaut training, will start from $120,000.00. The orbiting space villa will cruise at a leisurely speed of 2,000 kilometres per hour.

Sunshine Empire has set its sights not only on dominating the world's MLM market, but even beyond. The self-proclaimed "Legend" Mr. James Phang expressed interest in funding the next 2 Challenger missions to the Moon and even to Mars. If life is found on Mars, perhaps he will recruit it into MLM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast