Thread: Dell 9150 Problem!

Default Dell 9150 Problem!

Hey guys, I need your technical assistance!

I have a Dell 9150 and everytime I burn a disc (with an external writer and internal writer) when the auto eject sequence happens my PC crashes with the dreaded blue screen of death and says a driver has caused the error.

I have looked for the disc drive drivers online and thought I found the correct update, so updated, but its still doing the same thing! Tried calling Dell but some machine told me to call back in office hours, which is outrageous! haha, anyway, can anyone help me? This same error also seems to happen when I turn my monitor off and the computer is still on. Really puzzled here!

Cheers

Elliot

Default Re: Dell 9150 Problem!

From my experience, I'd say it is a Norton issue. You need to change something in Norton not to scan the burner drive, or something to that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by leejay View Post
    From my experience, I'd say it is a Norton issue. You need to change something in Norton not to scan the burner drive, or something to that effect.
    Ooo, Norton didnt even cross my mind, i ll go check my settings now to look for something along those lines!

Cheers mate!

Ok the only thing i could find was:

'Scan removable media for boot viruses when media is inserted'

I believe that has nothing to do with ejecting media and i have no burner drive scanning, or from what I can see anyway