Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 84

Thread: [News]Regan Lee jailed for crashing test-drive car, killing sales executive

  1. #41

    Default Re: [News]Regan Lee jailed for crashing test-drive car, killing sales executive

    When I heard the news over the radio, what I gathered was that the 'usual' sentence for 'rash act' is 2 years odd. But it's reduced to 7 months. I know that's vague, so don't quote me.

    What I did remember, was the news ended with "no reason was given for the reduction"

    That kept ringing in my mind.

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: [News]Regan Lee jailed for crashing test-drive car, killing sales executive

    Quote Originally Posted by shinken View Post
    When I heard the news over the radio, what I gathered was that the 'usual' sentence for 'rash act' is 2 years odd. But it's reduced to 7 months. I know that's vague, so don't quote me.

    What I did remember, was the news ended with "no reason was given for the reduction"

    That kept ringing in my mind.
    no reason was given for the reduction
    no reason was given for the reduction
    no reason was given for the reduction
    no reason was given for the reduction
    no reason was given for the reduction
    no reason was given for the reduction
    no reason was given for the reduction
    no reason was given for the reduction
    no reason was given for the reduction
    no reason was given for the reduction

    wow... its ringing again...

  3. #43

    Default Re: [News]Regan Lee jailed for crashing test-drive car, killing sales executive

    Quote Originally Posted by jdredd View Post
    i think.. some of the comments here about the legal system being bad etc.. are not really fair.

    ....

    so whilst no doubt people might disagree, i think in this case, the sentence was quite befitting the crime.
    i think people are angry not because of the law is bad, but for the fact this arrogant guy showed no remorse for what has happened, if he didn't yaya say he wanna hunt for a more powerful car in a forum, i doubt the case won't have surfaced to rile people. It was more likely that we people see him as a "villain", got away, but to show face itchy backside again....the chase starts all over again, this time people wanna see him get his just deserved.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

  4. #44

    Default Re: [News]Regan Lee jailed for crashing test-drive car, killing sales executive

    Well, will you still hold the same thought if the victim was your love ones or your family members?

    7 months to pay for a life taken????..........where the family have to suffer the lost for their entire life span? This is not a case that he repented. He even have the guts to try to look for another fast car while his case was still pending. Such person deserve sympathy? It got to be a joke!!



    Quote Originally Posted by wind30 View Post
    I can honestly say I have never driven over twice the speed limit....

    but I do agree that 7months jail is pretty ok. Alamak, 7 months Jail you know. The way you guys say is like want to put away the guy for good. I think everyone deserves a second chance. Imagine how much hate he will have to endure in prison.

    I think the punishment is pretty ok.

  5. #45

    Default Re: [News]Regan Lee jailed for crashing test-drive car, killing sales executive

    Quote Originally Posted by wind30 View Post
    I can honestly say I have never driven over twice the speed limit....

    but I do agree that 7months jail is pretty ok. Alamak, 7 months Jail you know. The way you guys say is like want to put away the guy for good. I think everyone deserves a second chance. Imagine how much hate he will have to endure in prison.

    I think the punishment is pretty ok.
    i think he will hate prison, imagine the threats of sodomization. haaa

    but likely he might get hush-hush transferred into some private cell and away from the attention. Then 7 mths would be a breeze liao.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

  6. #46
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: [News]Regan Lee jailed for crashing test-drive car, killing sales executive

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post



    classic foto.


    maybe i'm a'lil prejudiced. but i felt that 7months jail for the kind of offence that the punk committed which resulted in a life lost...

    it is really sad. the fella really got off lightly. but then again, i always belif there's no fairness in this world and that there's a set for the likes of them and another set for the rest of us.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  7. #47
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: [News]Regan Lee jailed for crashing test-drive car, killing sales executive

    Quote Originally Posted by sbs99 View Post

    but likely he might get hush-hush transferred into some private cell and away from the attention. Then 7 mths would be a breeze liao.
    y not?






    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  8. #48

    Default Re: [News]Regan Lee jailed for crashing test-drive car, killing sales executive

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    classic foto.


    maybe i'm a'lil prejudiced. but i felt that 7months jail for the kind of offence that the punk committed which resulted in a life lost...

    it is really sad. the fella really got off lightly. but then again, i always belif there's no fairness in this world and that there's a set for the likes of them and another set for the rest of us.

    i guess so...double standards are everywhere no matter how much people can deny and pretend it doesnt exist.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

  9. #49
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: [News]Regan Lee jailed for crashing test-drive car, killing sales executive

    Quote Originally Posted by wind30 View Post
    but I do agree that 7months jail is pretty ok. Alamak, 7 months Jail you know. The way you guys say is like want to put away the guy for good. I think everyone deserves a second chance. Imagine

    Then what would your reply be for the family who lost their daughter at the FIRST CHANCE this guy F**Kup. So where it their rightful "second chance"? He still deserve a second chance har? Okay..no problem...let him have his chance..so long as he produce a second chance for that victim's family.

    I heard a story of a guy who hang himself just becasue he could not take being in BMT for just 3 months. If that be the case, I say Darwinian law at work. Let the weak little mommy's boy hang himself. Now if he can't take that for 7 months..I say, someone hand him a rope and give him some quiet time in his own cell to do his deed. As the saying goes...if you can't do the time, don't do the crime. Maybe I am too tough on this or maybe it is just that I have many like him when I serve my NS in the Police Force. But punks like him...if I was working at the prison, I make sure everyone there knows his story...and let prison tough love deal with him.

  10. #50

    Default Re: [News]Regan Lee jailed for crashing test-drive car, killing sales executive

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    Then what would your reply be for the family who lost their daughter at the FIRST CHANCE this guy F**Kup. So where it their rightful "second chance"? He still deserve a second chance har? Okay..no problem...let him have his chance..so long as he produce a second chance for that victim's family.

    I heard a story of a guy who hang himself just becasue he could not take being in BMT for just 3 months. If that be the case, I say Darwinian law at work. Let the weak little mommy's boy hang himself. Now if he can't take that for 7 months..I say, someone hand him a rope and give him some quiet time in his own cell to do his deed. As the saying goes...if you can't do the time, don't do the crime. Maybe I am too tough on this or maybe it is just that I have many like him when I serve my NS in the Police Force. But punks like him...if I was working at the prison, I make sure everyone there knows his story...and let prison tough love deal with him.

    Please... In Jail... they are not given ropes to kill themself. They use their own underwear.

  11. #51
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: [News]Regan Lee jailed for crashing test-drive car, killing sales executive

    Quote Originally Posted by ZDragon View Post
    Please... In Jail... they are not given ropes to kill themself. They use their own underwear.
    It's a figutive of speech to make a point. heheh...aiyo. :P

  12. #52

    Default Re: [News]Regan Lee jailed for crashing test-drive car, killing sales executive

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    It's a figutive of speech to make a point. heheh...aiyo. :P
    No lar. In jail, they are not allowed any tools to hurt themselves or others. then only thing they are allowed to have are what they wear. and some inmates used what they wear to commit suicide. It happens. Someone tear up his own tshirt, tie to the door and hang himself. If the other cellmates are asleep and the guards dun do their job... no one will know.

    anyway they do drink from the toilet bowl. So let the fellow **** and drink form the same place lor

  13. #53
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: [News]Regan Lee jailed for crashing test-drive car, killing sales executive

    Quote Originally Posted by ZDragon View Post
    No lar. In jail, they are not allowed any tools to hurt themselves or others. then only thing they are allowed to have are what they wear. and some inmates used what they wear to commit suicide. It happens. Someone tear up his own tshirt, tie to the door and hang himself. If the other cellmates are asleep and the guards dun do their job... no one will know.

    anyway they do drink from the toilet bowl. So let the fellow **** and drink form the same place lor
    shhhh...don;'t give too many secrets away leh...we want to make sure some of them do still have the means to kill themselves if they want too hahahahahah.... wait...they make all prison into a nudist camp just to save them from themselve then how? heheh...

  14. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Punggol 21
    Posts
    967

    Default Re: [News]Regan Lee jailed for crashing test-drive car, killing sales executive

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    http://www.todayonline.com/articles/218578.asp

    towkay, dun think u are so naive rite... since when court is about justice?
    justice is blind..?

  15. #55

    Default Re: [News]Regan Lee jailed for crashing test-drive car, killing sales executive

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    Yup..one gone ....just a few more tens of hundreds to go. He is not the only one around. He just got caught more red handed then the others....

    Great isn't it...a life at it's prime is only worth 7 months.
    actually it doesn't quite work out that way, it isn't a 7months for life exchange rate

    one would say that the life is already gone, a sunken cost, so it doesn't matter whatever the sentence is

    herein lies the flaws in our law, when you wish to crack down on something you will impose heavier sentences on such a thing. in this case we don't usually have test drivers speeding and killing their passengers without killing themselves, therefore there is no focus in this area and sentences will not be as heavy as they should be, at least in the eyes of the majority

  16. #56

    Default Re: [News]Regan Lee jailed for crashing test-drive car, killing sales executive

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    shhhh...don;'t give too many secrets away leh...we want to make sure some of them do still have the means to kill themselves if they want too hahahahahah.... wait...they make all prison into a nudist camp just to save them from themselve then how? heheh...
    Then I apply to work in Woman's Prison.

  17. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: [News]Regan Lee jailed for crashing test-drive car, killing sales executive

    Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    shhhh...don;'t give too many secrets away leh...we want to make sure some of them do still have the means to kill themselves if they want too hahahahahah.... wait...they make all prison into a nudist camp just to save them from themselve then how? heheh...
    gay delight?

  18. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: [News]Regan Lee jailed for crashing test-drive car, killing sales executive

    Quote Originally Posted by ZDragon View Post
    Then I apply to work in Woman's Prison.
    so u suay working in Man's Prison?

  19. #59

    Default Re: [News]Regan Lee jailed for crashing test-drive car, killing sales executive

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    so u suay working in Man's Prison?
    Then suay suay everyday watch bird cage lor.

  20. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: [News]Regan Lee jailed for crashing test-drive car, killing sales executive

    Quote Originally Posted by ZDragon View Post
    Then suay suay everyday watch bird cage lor.
    apply work in Zoo, look after lion's den lor...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •