Thread: Credit Card Exchange Rate

Default Credit Card Exchange Rate

Just curious, which credit card do you think has better exchange rate ? UOB, HSBC, ABN, DBS, Citibank ? Because I spend a lot while I am overseas ......

I m sure there must be many clubnappers who travel a lot in this forum .... thanks thanks..

Default Re: Credit Card Exchange Rate

It depends on the day itself what the bank's exchange rate is. I use my OCBC card overseas because $1 = 4 points. Prior to that, UOB/Maybank was pretty widely used while I was in Hong Kong, in Japan, I used OCBC.

And also different countries have different exchange rate for the cards, eg like maybe UOB is good in HK, it doesn't mean it will be good in Japan, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by wazzup5 View Post
    It depends on the day itself what the bank's exchange rate is. I use my OCBC card overseas because $1 = 4 points. Prior to that, UOB/Maybank was pretty widely used while I was in Hong Kong, in Japan, I used OCBC.

And also different countries have different exchange rate for the cards, eg like maybe UOB is good in HK, it doesn't mean it will be good in Japan, etc...

I see .... OCBC is not bad, $1=4 points. May be can consider OCBC card in future. Usually I use it in Msia and Vietnam, so I don't know which card has better rate for spending in Vietnam. The hotel rate there damn expensive for developing countries level.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim Dong Moon View Post
    I see .... OCBC is not bad, $1=4 points. May be can consider OCBC card in future. Usually I use it in Msia and Vietnam, so I don't know which card has better rate for spending in Vietnam. The hotel rate there damn expensive for developing countries level.
    That's for the OCBC Titanium card tho', local currency is $1 = 2pts, for overseas currency it's $1=4pts. Sorry for not being clear in my previous reply.

I was working overseas for awhile last year and I use my Citibank ReadyCredit card to draw local currency from the local Citibank ATM.

Citibank charge me the exchange rate of the day only and not other charges (not sure if u use other bank's ATM)

I did that also because I can use internet banking to pay Citibank when I get my electronic statement.