Thread: Radeon X1950 Pro problem

Default Radeon X1950 Pro problem

Digg it!
    I recently got a Radeon X1950 Pro graphics card, but I'm pretty new to uninstalling and installing new cards. I looked up a guide on the internet and everything went fine - the old card was removed, the new card was put in and fixed, and I put all the wires back where they were beforehand.

It looked like it worked because the monitor screen came up as usual with the monitor companie's logo, but the computer refuses to respond in any way.

Specs -
    Intel Pentium D 805 Dual Core Processor
    1024MB Dual channel memory
    250GB Serial ATA Hard Drive

As far as I know the card installed fine. I've checked all the monitor ports, checked that the card is in properly, and checked that the correct wires are all plugged in. But any suggestions would be really appreciated! I 'm starting to think that I've been royally swindled.

Default Re: Radeon X1950 Pro problem

Maybe u should check if your motherboard comes with built-in graphic card? If have try to disabled it in control panel device setting.

tried doing a bios reset? anyway have you checked if you power supply is capable of driving those high-end cards? nowadays those high-end GPU just looks like a energy sucker
    Last edited by ExplorerZ; 22nd October 2007 at 10:19 PM.

THread moved to a more suitable area.

Maybe a few more info might be good,
    1. PSU rating
    2. Motherboard used

can you go into BIOS setting?

Did you remove all the old graphic programs and shut down your computer down?

Each time I do any installation on new Graphic cards (be it nVidia or ATI) you must remove all the programs. There are 2 areas which you need to go to.

First is the normal add/remove programs under control panel.

Second part is the Device Manager and under Display Adapters which you need to uninstall that too as your computer may still try to read it as you did not do a clean uninstall.

When you have done that, SHUT DOWN the computer and your power as well. Make sure your hands does not have any electrostatics when removing the old graphics card and putting in the new a one.

Another thing you need to update is your .NET as well. There are 2 versions, .NET 2.0 and 3.0. You need to download that too. You can download by updating your computer. If it does not appear, then you go for the custom download.

Remember, download the .NET 2.0 and 3.0 first before installing any graphic programs. .NET 2.0 and 3.0 will take a short time to download but a long time to install. So be patience.

Is this your card?
    http://www.asus.com.tw/products4.asp...=2&l2=8&l3=338

The card that you are using was the top of the line 1 year back. It's a pretty decent gamers card. I am currently using the ASUS 1950XFX Ati 512MB which is a pretty decent beast. Wanted to have a dual card but my MB does not permit it........
    Last edited by Godzilla Invades; 23rd October 2007 at 12:04 AM.

im using 1600pro 512mb!

I bet your 1950 needs xtra power connector right? have you connected it? Does ur Powersupply have enough juice for the power extensive card?

Quote Originally Posted by junkai21 View Post
    im using 1600pro 512mb!

I bet your 1950 needs xtra power connector right? have you connected it? Does ur Powersupply have enough juice for the power extensive card?
    It sure does..........suck a lot of juice.

Just to let the TS know that I am using a 750W PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla Invades View Post
    It sure does..........suck a lot of juice.

Just to let the TS know that I am using a 750W PSU.
    WOW! 750watts but not running crossfire? Gogo time for upgrade of mobo!!!

Quote Originally Posted by junkai21 View Post
    WOW! 750watts but not running crossfire? Gogo time for upgrade of mobo!!!
    This is my setup. Can't change yet as I just bought this not too long ago.

I cannot run Crossfire as my MOBO cannot fit 2 cards.....

MB : DELL (manufacturer is by Tyan)
    Processor : Quad Core Intel Xeon E5335 @ 2.0Ghz
    RAM : ECC Ram 4GB @ 667ghz fully buffered
    GPU : ASUS EAX1950XTX/HTVDP/512M DDR 4
    HDD : 2 SAS (15,000rpm) 73 GB running @ RAID 0

I'm using the same card - Ati X1950 and I have a 550W PSU.
    You actually need about 450 and above to power this guy. There is a separate power supply cable for this card. You need to plug it in otherwise it will not work properly. If your PSU does not have that cable/connector, you may need to consider changing your PSU. But you can bring back the card to Ban Leong (if its powercolor) or convergent (if its sapphire) to test it to make sure that the card is working or not. I hope you still have your warranty card.
    Last edited by seankyh; 23rd October 2007 at 10:42 AM.