Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Broken SD Card, Anychance To Retreive The Pic??

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    8,167

    Default Broken SD Card, Anychance To Retreive The Pic??

    My friend don't how or what he did... His SD card with the part outside
    the reader was bended and internal PCB seem broken..
    Reader cannot detect the card anymore..
    Inside the card were his honeymoon pic...
    Anyway or any place can help to retrieve the pic inside?
    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Singapore - bedok
    Posts
    282

    Default Re: Broken SD Card, Anychance To Retreive The Pic??

    Oh dear ... Small shops are sim lim might be able to do it on the spot ... not sure about SD but they can do it for hard drive ... why not SD yah? can give it a try

  3. #3
    Senior Member giantcanopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    6,232

    Default Re: Broken SD Card, Anychance To Retreive The Pic??

    might wanna try those specialist data recovery centres and see if they can assist,
    but i am sure your friend will have to pay quite a sum for that.

    Ryan

  4. #4
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: Broken SD Card, Anychance To Retreive The Pic??

    Quote Originally Posted by freezemaster View Post
    Oh dear ... Small shops are sim lim might be able to do it on the spot ... not sure about SD but they can do it for hard drive ... why not SD yah? can give it a try
    It's different technologies..

    One is solid state, one is magnetic platters... Good luck, but it may be almost impossible if the internal parts are damaged.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  5. #5

    Default Re: Broken SD Card, Anychance To Retreive The Pic??

    I got some tips to try to recover photos from a bad memory card in my blog:

    http://photography7.com/2007/08/05/t...d-memory-card/

    Give it a try and let me know how it goes. Good luck!

  6. #6

    Default Re: Broken SD Card, Anychance To Retreive The Pic??

    @ donchua - maybe you could ask ur friend whether he could open up the sd card's outer plastic shell to confirm if the PCB really is broken . . . if it is, then no software could help save any photos. . . but depending on where the PCB broke, he may be able to approach some electronics expert (with good soldering skills) to fix it . . . hope this helps

  7. #7

    Default Re: Broken SD Card, Anychance To Retreive The Pic??

    Quote Originally Posted by donchua View Post
    My friend don't how or what he did... His SD card with the part outside
    the reader was bended and internal PCB seem broken..
    Reader cannot detect the card anymore..
    Inside the card were his honeymoon pic...
    Anyway or any place can help to retrieve the pic inside?
    Thanks.
    if the SD Card is not damaged but card reader is damaged juz buy a new card reader it will do but if both is damaged unless you know Someone who knows how to repair SD Card there is no way you can recover any pics if the card is not corrupted but internally damaged.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Broken SD Card, Anychance To Retreive The Pic??

    Broken SD card? Tough... provided you can do some soldering repair yourself.

    See here...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/joshb/64116455/

    BC

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Dry cabinet!
    Posts
    1,757

    Default Re: Broken SD Card, Anychance To Retreive The Pic??

    Quote Originally Posted by donchua View Post
    My friend don't how or what he did... His SD card with the part outside
    the reader was bended and internal PCB seem broken..
    Reader cannot detect the card anymore..
    Inside the card were his honeymoon pic...
    Anyway or any place can help to retrieve the pic inside?
    Thanks.
    Its just the SD card reader that is bent & broken right? SD card is still ok?
    If so then just buy another card reader.

    If its the SD card that is bent and broken, you probably need to desolder the memory and solder to another SD card
    Dreaming... 14mm f2.8, 16-35 f2.8 mkII, 85 f1.2 mkII

  10. #10

    Default Re: Broken SD Card, Anychance To Retreive The Pic??

    Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
    Its just the SD card reader that is bent & broken right? SD card is still ok?
    If so then just buy another card reader.

    If its the SD card that is bent and broken, you probably need to desolder the memory and solder to another SD card
    I think it is the SD card that is broken...

    "His SD card with the part outside the reader was bended and internal PCB seem broken..."

    Seems that the protruding part of the SD card outside the reader was bent.

    BC

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Dry cabinet!
    Posts
    1,757

    Default Re: Broken SD Card, Anychance To Retreive The Pic??

    Quote Originally Posted by Scaglietti View Post
    I think it is the SD card that is broken...

    "His SD card with the part outside the reader was bended and internal PCB seem broken..."

    Seems that the protruding part of the SD card outside the reader was bent.

    BC
    donchua, ask your friend to provide a close up picture of the damaged part. See if I can easily do a soldering to fix it.
    Dreaming... 14mm f2.8, 16-35 f2.8 mkII, 85 f1.2 mkII

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •