Thread: What do you think?

Question What do you think?

Hey guys just want to know what do you think about the situation I am having.

I bought a screen protector from my cellphone a week ago from Challenger in Funan. I din open it until 4 days later and found out that somebody had made a clean slit and stole the item inside. So I went to customer service today (as I thought its still within 7 days) and asked them about it.

I din have high expectation, of course. I told them the situation and assured them i would not steal a less than 10 dollars item. No surprise, a manager came up to me and his next line was the turning point. He told me that in this case, the company has to assume that i stole it. I was irritated by the comment but I tried to keep calm. He offered me a discount if I bought the same goods which i accepted.

But I guess, it was just my luck that the screen was sold out. And all left was me walking off and the manager said nothing but sorry.

I think Singapore Service Standard had been in a spotlight before and this experience made me think.

1. Cant a 100 million turnover company write off a less than 10 dollar item to retain customer? With this situation, I swear I will not buy even peanut from them which is a huge opportunity loss as I planned to buy a laptop from them soon. I am very sure that if this happen in US, they will jolly well replace the goods giving the customer benefit of the doubt.

2. They will lose many more customers, from words-of-mouth eq. me to my friends, etc.

3. He should at least offered to call me when the new stocks arrive and show some goodwill on his part.

Its not about the money, but I cant help but thinking, they just made a huge customer relations error. The impact is much more to the company as a whole. Surprising for such a big company.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by sesame_street98; 20th October 2007 at 12:23 AM. Reason: adding a more appropriate word

Default Re: What do you think?

i think next time buy anything, double check first before leaving. Safer.

ot: btw... i thot screen protectors daiso got sell? $2 niah.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

You have taken the first step in highlighting a grey area.

Quote Originally Posted by sbs99 View Post

But I dont think you double check to see whether the item is there rite? You just assume it is, especially such a big retailer.

ot: ya lah.. i was buying something else also at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by sbs99 View Post

different grade and quality. used one for my mobile and it dropped off after two weeks.