Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3678

Thread: Would-be 10D owners don't come in!!

Originally posted by Wai
    u think they will admit?

not when their US/Japan HQ say yes first

Y not? Seems like I have to salute Sony for having the guts to admit the AF hologram problem in some of the earlier batches.

Anyone care to write an article on how to maintain a DSLR for present and future DSLR users? Looks like a skill to me.

Originally posted by Falcon
    Y not? Seems like I have to salute Sony for having the guts to admit the AF hologram problem in some of the earlier batches.
    Japan company is like that mah...

anyway, Sony Singapore also never admit abt the BFS of Sony F707 until Sony Japan announce it offically

hopefully Canon is coming out with a fix soon

Originally posted by Wai
    Japan company is like that mah...

anyway, Sony Singapore also never admit abt the BFS of Sony F707 until Sony Japan announce it offically

hopefully Canon is coming out with a fix soon
    Ic. All the best to you, Wai. Hope to hear from you some positive feedback on your new set.

Wai if my problem can't get it fix tomorrow,

Can we meet up on Wed and go down together....?

Originally posted by Cool_VIR
    Wai if my problem can't get it fix tomorrow,

Can we meet up on Wed and go down together....?
    sure...probably will be there around 1.30-2pm

Originally posted by Wai
    sure...probably will be there around 1.30-2pm
    Holy ****!

I saw the dust when i tried shooting today. Tried changing the lens but didnt help.

Guys, count me in, i will PM my nos to Wai.

One question, are we really testing the 10D the right way???

Originally posted by Shib
    Holy ****!

I saw the dust when i tried shooting today. Tried changing the lens but didnt help.
    if they are visible for normal shoot (not extreme settings like f22 to f32) then probably should ask canon to do some cleaning.

Anyone can recall when the dust thing happened?

When i first got my new len, i tried one shot at the sky, the pic was clean (Aperture is F10), but when i tried shooting with F16 or F22, i can see the dust spots... wonder what is going on... is this normal in DSLR?

Last edited by Shib; 4th May 2003 at 09:56 PM.

Originally posted by Shib
    Anyone can recall when the dust thing happened?

When i first got my new len, i tried one shot at the sky, the pic was clean (Aperture is F10), but when i tried shooting with F16 or F22, i can see the dust spots... wonder what is going on... is this normal in DSLR?

Yes if you use it extensively without maintenence but not normal/acceptable if it is relatively new. I get an average of 2-4 dust spots if I don't clean my sensor for about a month or so.

Yours look like a dust storm is going on inside your sensor chamber, I recommend locking up your mirror and give your sensor a bulb blow treatment.

PS. To get a better picture of how much dust you have inside your sensor chamber, try shooting with the smallest aperture on a white piece of paper, preferably with flash.
    Last edited by Avatar; 5th May 2003 at 12:16 AM.

Originally posted by Avatar
    Yes if you use it extensively without maintenence but not normal/acceptable if it is relatively new. I get an average of 2-4 dust spots if I don't clean my sensor for about a month or so.

Yours look like a dust storm is going on inside your sensor chamber, I recommend locking up your mirror and give your sensor a bulb blow treatment.

PS. To get a better picture of how much dust you have inside your sensor chamber, try shooting with the smallest aperture on a white piece of paper, preferably with flash.
    Thanks for the advice, let me give it a try out tonight. Now i just to realise the advantage of those fixed len cameras, haha...

Let me paste some articles on dust:
    ---from a D100 web site
    Dirt on the CCD Filter

This is a fact of life. If you're going to change lenses, you will get dirt on your CCD. However, you can minimize that by following these simple steps:
    1) Turn off your camera and wait a few seconds before changing the lens.
    2) Have the lens which you're going to put on ready to go.
    3) Have the camera pointing down while you change the lens.

I've been lucky so far. All the dirt that I've gotten on my CCD filter has been able to be removed by the use of compressed air. Yes, I do use compressed air and it has worked in my case. However, I have all the needed material to clean the CCD myself. You may want to check out the illustrated procedure on how to do the "real" cleaning yourself.

Update 1-25-03: Of course just a week or so after I wrote this article it had to happen. I took some sky pictures and I noticed a tremendous amount of dirt on my CCD filter. As I mention above I went for the quick solution of compressed air; but this time it didn't work. So I had to go with the "illustrated procedure" mentioned above. And guess what, not a single problem. I followed the steps and within 10 minutes, from preparing the swabs to full cleaning, I had a clean CCD filter ready to go.
    ---
    >>>This is to say that the blower still have it limitation on cleaning

--- from dpreview
    Saw a tiny boomerang shaped blob in the blue sky field on one of my shots. Cloned it out in an instant. Then I got the bright idea to rid the sensor of this tiny bit of foreign matter.

Used a small blower brush and used the air with no brush contact. Took camera outside and shot blue sky at f16. Checked the image and, son of a gun, the little speck was still there. Repeated the cleaning, only this time made contact with the sensor with the brush.

Checked again and now there were many, many blobs, hairs and other assorted pieces of cr-p. Since I don't have proper cleaning gear yet, I gave it one more shot of blower only and will be awaiting a "SpeckGrabber" that I just ordered.

The moral of the story is that if you only have one or two pieces of dust, leave it alone.
    ---

Thats all from me.
    Last edited by Shib; 5th May 2003 at 10:46 AM.

Originally posted by Avatar

Do u use only blower to clean the sensor or u
    have other cleaning kit...?

Can recommend....?

How's your new Cam WAI.....?

How's your new Cam WAI.....?
    Problems Solved!

Case closed

Cool_VIR,

Got your set back yet?

I am getting a bulb blower to try out tonight.

I'm getting my set tomorrow

Do u use only blower to clean the sensor or u
    have other cleaning kit...?

Can recommend....?
    I use a bulb blower first but when the dust is "stubborn", I have a self made swab that I use with Eclipse Solution.

Whats a good "handle" to use to hold the swaps for cleaning the CMOS sensor?

the angmos got what "RubberMaid" and "Wendy's Knife"...but what should we use in singapore?

"RubberMaid" is avaliable in Singapore, happened to see one in my kitchen drawer... gotta find out who bought it and where...

Quote Originally Posted by bummer

the angmos got what "RubberMaid" and "Wendy's Knife"...but what should we use in singapore?

Talking Need a Maid to clean??

Quote Originally Posted by bummer

If anyone can't find "Rubbermaid" for cleaning their CMos or CCD, just order maid to clean for you. Any maid will do... no need to strictly require Rubbermaid.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3678