Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Would-be 10D owners don't come in!!

Deregistered

Originally posted by Wai
    this is not the first case already, lorbert got his 10D exchanged after the dust inside cannot be removed..

but his second set also same fate...so probably we will be going canon together with him again....
    lorbert got a 10D as well? nekogotch leh?

hey wai, let us know what time you're popping by canon, i'll see if i have the time to tag along... depends on what time my exam paper is to be held at.

right now it seems to me that there are two acid tests for the 10D
    1. dust test (f/22 or more) as mentioned by wai
    2. back/front focussing (f/4 and less) http://www.photo.net/learn/focustest/

am i getting the correct picture, folks?
    Last edited by sehsuan; 2nd May 2003 at 01:48 PM.

Default dust on my 10D

Hi wai and charvey,

mine dust problem is as serious as wai...got about 5+ visible without having to zoom...among them 3 big ones:

if zoom..surely can see 10+. this sample is not the worse yet...

tried cleaning the sensor also no use.

CP offered to change for me (cos mine is 9days old)...but have to wait for next batch of stock.

should i still go with wai?

Deregistered

thanks for the post up, bummer. have shown it to my old man already.

just have a test. can see more than 10 dusts. still can see 3 dust after blowing the sensor.

feel not very happy.

Deregistered

if there's a thing such as Mass Order, why not a Mass Refund or Mass Service?

seriously, at 2.5K minimum a unit, anyone can, and should demand service - especially when you consider a PnS can come out with pictures even cleaner than this.

Originally posted by sehsuan
    if there's a thing such as Mass Order, why not a Mass Refund or Mass Service?

seriously, at 2.5K minimum a unit, anyone can, and should demand service - especially when you consider a PnS can come out with pictures even cleaner than this.
    P&S where got f32??

dust is avoidable one...get a good blower and try to blow them away lor...only IF like mine...after blow liao and cleaned by Canon still cannot help.....then may be can consider replace it.

also, how often u need to shoot at f32? but for mine....f16 onwards can see the dark spots already
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

Deregistered

my old man's 10D also kenna the dust spots already. dont know what f-stop he shot at though... but i think it should be the same case as you, his serial is 23....377x also

a qn: d60 got this prob? d100? s2?
    or just the el cheapo 10d?
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

Sigh.. perhaps Canon should let all those with 023XX exchange for a new camera... Or they should be honest and brave enough to admit their mistake, if there is. It is apparent that some of the 10Ds are not in specs...

Mine also seems to have front focusing problem at F1.8 using 50mm lens.... but my 28-135mm seems to be okay, probably due to the smaller apertures...

I also found two big dusts when shot at a white wall... and some hot pixels at ISO1600, but they are not serious... tomorrow I will try taking pictures of the sky and see if more dusts appear...

TM

Originally posted by denizenx
    a qn: d60 got this prob? d100? s2?
    or just the el cheapo 10d?
    dust : common problems to DSLR

avatar's D100 was replaced after the dust in the sensor cannot be remove.
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

Originally posted by Wai

What will be the charges if no more warranty ?

Originally posted by Wai

Wai, the dust is in between the sensor and the AA filter, not in the sensor itself.

Btw, I don't think it is widespread or is a commonplace for all types of DSLRs, of all the people who owns D100 (more than 20 users), I am the only one to date with this issue.

On the other hand, dust accumulated into the sensor chamber is another matter altogether. This can only be minimised by using good lens changing techniques (*face lens mount downward)

Originally posted by Avatar
    Wai, the dust is in between the sensor and the AA filter, not in the sensor itself.

Btw, I don't think it is widespread or is a commonplace for all types of DSLRs, of all the people who owns D100 (more than 20 users), I am the only one to date with this issue.

On the other hand, dust accumulated into the sensor chamber is another matter altogether. This can only be minimised by using good lens changing techniques (*face lens mount downward)
    kekeke i think mine was the 1st in they discovered tat D100 got this porblem... and yes they didi replace me a new 1 then..... so avatar u r not the onli 1 kekeke

Originally posted by jeffgoh
    kekeke i think mine was the 1st in they discovered tat D100 got this porblem... and yes they didi replace me a new 1 then..... so avatar u r not the onli 1 kekeke
    Jeff, I know, they mentioned your name to me when I was exchanging my set

You ain't a D100 owner anymore right? ;P So I reckon it won't be exactly fair to add you to the equation. Nevertheless, I don't think such issues (ie. dust between filter and sensor) are widespread anywhere

Originally posted by Avatar
    Nevertheless, I don't think such issues (ie. dust between filter and sensor) are widespread anywhere
    That sounds reassuring.
    Lets see if any more D100/S2 owners turn up with similar issues, would be interesting to know if Canon does indeed have some issues with QC at present.

After reading so many comments here..decided do test out too...

1. Focus: a little front focusing in AF mode...ok in manual...I can live with that...

2. Dust: shocking ...tried blowing but the dots did not go away...this concerns me too...may sent in to the service centre...but after what Wai mentioned abt the cam coming back with more problems....think twice now....sigh....

Anyway, what did you show them as evident, Wai? a print out of from the cam itself??

BTW, mine also the 023 series......

First pic is at F16 while the second is at F32. Did not really notice the dust initially until I did a auto levels...boy was I in for a shock!!

ya lor. would very much like to hear if there is any dust problem for D100/S2 users. that's the only way which can make me feel a little bit comfort.

here is mine at F16/ISO100. my serial no is 043xxx

and F22/iso 100. autolevel in PS.

Last edited by liuhao; 3rd May 2003 at 05:55 PM.

Originally posted by liuhao
    ya lor. would very much like to hear if there is any dust problem for D100/S2 users. that's the only way which can make me feel a little bit comfort.

here is mine. my serial no is 043xxx
    The S2 sensor is very easy to clean compared to the D60's. Of course D60's sensor doesn't really need cleaning.

Originally posted by erwinx
    The S2 sensor is very easy to clean compared to the D60's. Of course D60's sensor doesn't really need cleaning.
    Do u mean s2 sensor tend to attract more dust but easier to clean? Why isit that s2 sensor is easier to clean than D60 and D100? Pls enlighten. Tks.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast