Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Would-be 10D owners don't come in!!

maybe lor.. sale tactics...

AP still a safer buy hor.. but anyway, just to go and check on pricing lah.. now more importantly is to mod my PS2 set and buy the Guncons .. heh heh heh

Originally posted by SniperD
    huh? tot charger is in the full set?

Song Bros offered this: 2640 (cam) + 350 (grip) = under 3K
    Wun inc. GST also.
    $350 for grip?!

haha...so that's the catch...i only paid $270 for mine...and it was even cheaper last time...

btw...this thread is NOT for 10D owner wannabe....

go away.....go start a new thread then i answer u dun want this thread to get OT lar
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

dang! the guy huh....

well, lucky din commit if not, head on chopping board still smiling... sigh...

will call you along when I go buy leh... steady bo?

Originally posted by Wai
    $350 for grip?!

haha...so that's the catch...i only paid $270 for mine...and it was even cheaper last time...

btw...this thread is NOT for 10D owner wannabe....

go away.....go start a new thread then i answer u dun want this thread to get OT lar
    WaiSniperD

Originally posted by Wai

btw, i have yet to see anyone have problem with the new batch that is 043xxxxx

all those got focusing/dust problem seems to be from 023xxxxx batch
    hmm... mine is the 043xx batch... i got this replacement from the shop after i test it show lots of hotpixel at ISO1600 (alot that w/o any magnification using the 1.8" LCD u can see the "stars") so i got this 043xx one and its much better. tried the shoot at white wall at f22... also got black dust but not as black or much as yours la. and the front and back focusing problem also got, like on the chart it will focus inbetween 0~3

wah.. you got your Tandy liao ahh?

Originally posted by MaGixShOe
    hmm... mine is the 043xx batch... i got this replacement from the shop after i test it show lots of hotpixel at ISO1600 (alot that w/o any magnification using the 1.8" LCD u can see the "stars") so i got this 043xx one and its much better. tried the shoot at white wall at f22... also got black dust but not as black or much as yours la. and the front and back focusing problem also got, like on the chart it will focus inbetween 0~3
    so your first one is 023xxxx, then later u got it exchange to 043xxxx??

a bit of dust is unavoidable one lar....if can blow away using blower then it is consider very good already.

for focusing...if can get between 0-3 then it shouldn't be a problem.....look at mine

as i have said, errors during production stage is unavoidable and there should be some tolerance that they can accept during QC. and this tolerance most probably is based on film body (since lenses are mostly made for film body) and now it is those digital body that make all these LITTLE flaws so obvious.
    Last edited by Wai; 2nd May 2003 at 01:38 AM.

Wai: yup.
    canot blow away using blower leh.. but when i flip the mirror up the CMOS is SUPER clean. duno where the dust came from.
    maybe u can go back to the shop u bought the camera from and exchange for a newer batch?

SniperD: 1-2 weeks old liao

Default Re: dust on sensor?

Originally posted by bummer
    hi...

i only got 1 lens...first SLR lah.

here's a sample:

Wow! Those dirt or dust or whatever they were real serious!

I dont think i saw any of those yet but better check my cam tonight.

Magixshoe,

Your "lots of hotpixel" is how many of them. In ISO1600, expected to have more. Always use the ISO100 to benchmark.

Wai: yup.
    canot blow away using blower leh.. but when i flip the mirror up the CMOS is SUPER clean. duno where the dust came from.
    maybe u can go back to the shop u bought the camera from and exchange for a newer batch?

Wah.. you mean you got those super duper eyes that can see specks of dust at micro or even nano sizes??? What a winner we got here!

Wai : so far those with 03xxx batch and above has not that problem or little of it. Wonder what going to happen ......
    Last edited by Bluestrike; 2nd May 2003 at 10:04 AM.

mine is 0230104203. should have heeded Wai's warning and not read read thread.

Will do a focus test tonight.

Originally posted by Shib
    Magixshoe,

Your "lots of hotpixel" is how many of them. In ISO1600, expected to have more. Always use the ISO100 to benchmark.
    i didnt really use any program to count it
    but it is far from acceptable

mine is the 023.... batch. no problems detected so far. no hot pixel problem and no focusing problem.

Default Re: dust on my 043...10D

Originally posted by aong
    Hi all,

sorry to dissapoint,

but i have got dust on my 10D that belongs to 043 batch...10 days old from CP marina.

how how!?!

should i go back to CP or canon direct?
    Is ur dust problem as serious as Wai? Or is it just a few negligible specks of dust? Cuz dslr sure bound to have dust (during changing of lenses)..

If its serious and clear blotches of dark circles (like Wai's) then its unacceptable.. else we'll just have to live with it.. dust is part and parcle of dslr..

Pls correct me if i'm wrong..

would it be safe to say that dust problem would only affect certain kinds of shooting?

I personally don't stop down to more than f/16 for any of my shots, so perhaps that's why I've never realized whether I have this problem or not.

just got a call from him, already fixed an appointment to get mine replaced next wednesday

anyway who got SERIOUS problems with their set and want to go along?

(ie. problems that appear during Normal Usage and not during extreme tests)

Originally posted by Wai
    just got a call from him, already fixed an appointment to get mine replaced next wednesday

anyway who got SERIOUS problems with their set and want to go along?

(ie. problems that appear during Normal Usage and not during extreme tests)
    Glad to know that they're replacing a new unit for u!

Originally posted by charvy
    Glad to know that they're replacing a new unit for u!
    hope the new unit dun have all these problem...i scare if they give me one from the first batch again, then i will have to test very very carefully.

Originally posted by Wai
    hope the new unit dun have all these problem...i scare if they give me one from the first batch again, then i will have to test very very carefully.
    May the dark force be with you!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast