Thread: anyone been to ho chin minh

Default anyone been to ho chin minh

Hi i will be travelling to ho chi minh during the dec. Anyone has been there before? Can advise on the places of interest of where can i take nice photos. Will be there for 4 days 3 nights. How about lodging?
    Last edited by Discman; 19th October 2007 at 07:40 PM.

Default Re: anyone been to ho chin minh

Quote Originally Posted by Discman View Post
    Hi i will be travelling to ho chi minh during the dec. Anyone has been there before? Can advise on the places of interest of where can i take nice photos. Will be there for 4 days 3 nights. How about lodging?
    Hi! Have only been there for short co trip.

You can check out the following website :

http://tourism.hochiminhcity.gov.vn/english/home.php

http://www.visit-mekong.com/vietnam/...iminh_city.htm

Personally, I think u can check out these places :

Ben Thanh Market (even though it is meant more for shopping, i think u can get some good shots around the area and market life)

Cu Chi Tunnels (a bit of history and some photo opportunity)

We stay at Windsor Plaza Hotel that time and it was not bad. And there are free transport to the other districts (Ben Thanh market area).

Quote Originally Posted by Discman View Post
    after yr shoot and when u are tired, can go epoch hotel's health centre/spa- cheap n shiok, can spend 4 hours in there...think is only USD16 excludes tips. sauna, facial, haircut & hiari wash, body massage, foot massage, pedicure/manicure....food n drinks...enjoy!

HCM city is a place of culture n there r many places of interests if u have e rite guide. I have a few frens living in Vietnam n am planning to go visit them again next year.E pple there r also very friendly as well...warm yet gentle.I love shooting there, at least will not get weird stares.

Saigon is the affectionate old name of Ho Chi Minh city.

If you need some photo ideas, see my flickr site: www.flickr.com/photos/snips

PM me with your email if you need details of accomodation and food. Cheers.

remember to go the piano cafe and Sax n Art Cafe in HCM City! good place to chill!
    a700 | dynax7
    sigma12-24/minolta28-135/sony70-300g/sig400/lensbaby2.0