Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Lost Wedding Photos!!!

Default Re: Lost Wedding Photos!!!

as you shoot weddings, I mean you DO shoot lots of weddings, will know that sh1t DO happen, no one can guarantee anything, except GOD.

Sometime it is your fault, sometime is other people fault, some, we call it very "si peh suay", lawyers call it "act of God".

Professionals will do as much as he/she can to prevent any mishaps, but also there are some thing is really beyond their control, and of course, they will try their best to rectify or savage the disaster.... to a certain limit.

If anyone would take notice in this thread and another thread, you will notice somebodies don't point fingers at the photographer who lost his camera bag and the CF cards, or not even post comments in the thread, why is it so? refer to my 1st paragraph.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    as you shoot weddings, I mean you DO shoot lots of weddings, will know that sh1t DO happen, no one can guarantee anything, except GOD.

Sometime it is your fault, sometime is other people fault, some, we call it very "si peh suay", lawyers call it "act of God".

Professionals will do as much as he/she can to prevent any mishaps, but also there are some thing is really beyond their control, and of course, they will try their best to rectify or savage the disaster.... to a certain limit.

If anyone would take notice in this thread and another thread, you will notice somebodies don't point fingers at the photographer who lost his camera bag and the CF cards, or not even post comments in the thread, why is it so? refer to my 1st paragraph.
    yup, we understand that Murphy will come visit us sooner or later. still, i wouldn't recommend getting drunk while on official business. very hard to speak up for the photographer and the main thing, we're only hearing one side of the story.

i wonder wat's the taxi driver's version?
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

I'm wondering too, it could be because everyone's involved in after-event celebration and the photog was asked to join in the fun.... juz guessing how else would the photog still be a the venue at about 2am.

But hey, regardless of being finger pointed or not, the photog's job isn't complete yet. At least in my perspective, it isn't complete until the photos are delivered. So I guess it does put the photog being drunk while on the job.... that's the sad part of wedding photography that not many people understand
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Quote Originally Posted by ckuang View Post
    Err, isn't that a little extreme? As much as I would love my clients to treasure their photos a lot, I don't think any picture is ever worth a human life.
    Hahaha, I'm sure it's just a figure of speech. Even war photogs takes measured risks.

Drunk during work? or after work? I do not know.
    but at least he didn't run away.

Drunk during work? or after work? I do not know.
    but at least he didn't run away.
    My own POV lah.

My guess is that he already have good "relationship" with the clients, so no point running away. It's evident that no fingers were pointed at anyone.

High chance that the cab driver is having the camera and memory cards.

After the photographer threw out in his cab, the first thing the cab driver do is curse the photographer and clean up the mess instead of picking up passengers...any thought?

Quote Originally Posted by Teo View Post

After the photographer threw out in his cab, the first thing the cab driver do is curse the photographer and clean up the mess instead of picking up passengers...any thought?

Spot on! He will need to clean up before picking up someone else or before changing shifts. I'm sure the stuff is with the driver.

It has come to the point where the cabbie needs to prove the stuff was not taken by him rather then for us to prove that the stuff was taken by him.

wahh very logical thinking... can be CSI liao

Quote Originally Posted by Autumnite View Post
    wahh very logical thinking... can be CSI liao
    That is an assumption.

In many country overseas, before you leave the hotel (reputable one la) in the taxi, the doorman usually gives you a slip indicating the taxi number you are on. you will find this service in Beijing, Shanghai, Taipei, SF etc... I wonder how come we don't do it here in Singapore....
    Now i realize it's useful to have this little service.

Quote Originally Posted by nikkie View Post
    In many country overseas, before you leave the hotel (reputable one la) in the taxi, the doorman usually gives you a slip indicating the taxi number you are on. you will find this service in Beijing, Shanghai, Taipei, SF etc... I wonder how come we don't do it here in Singapore....
    Now i realize it's useful to have this little service.
    just use your HP snap a photo of the taxi driver card.

yes, that assume he did puke in the taxi,
    and taxi driver sure need to clean up the mess, regardless he still taking customers later or call it a day.

just use your HP snap a photo of the taxi driver card.
    then leaving the HP in the taxi... priceless...

Come on guys, the taxi driver probably sold the camera to some already, lock stock and barrell with the CF cards.

It's a pity for the wedding couple. Too bad for the taxi driver, could prob have fetched a larger sum if he returned the cameras and the pictures to their rightful owner.

The responsibility is clearly the photographer's. He did loose the CF cards containing the pictures of the wedding. However, he is irresponsible. On the other hand, we have a thief among one of the taxi drivers, if everything is not returned.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    On the other hand, we have a thief among one of the taxi drivers, if everything is not returned.
    OR!

One of the passengers that got in afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    Hahaha, I'm sure it's just a figure of speech. Even war photogs takes measured risks.
    "EVEN"...that's the understatement of the year...if not them then who...

I really feel sorry for Tammy and Linus.

The chances of getting the camera back is higher than getting the photos back. In other words, anyone who have intend to keep the camera will have to delete or format the cards to use them. So chance is almost zero.

I wonder if the photographer can ID the driver of the taxi. Like around what age, gender, race. That would help Comfort to narrow down who are their driver who fit this description and working on that day and shift. If none of the taxi driver come forward, most likeky he had no intention of returning the stuff.

To the person who had picked up the stuff, please be kind enough to post the cards back to the couple if you intend to keep the camera. IMO, the photographer does not deserve to have his gears back but his client is a Victim. (provided the stories are true.. ie the photog is drunk)

Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch View Post
    I really feel sorry for Tammy and Linus.

The chances of getting the camera back is higher than getting the photos back. In other words, anyone who have intend to keep the camera will have to delete or format the cards to use them. So chance is almost zero.

I wonder if the photographer can ID the driver of the taxi. Like around what age, gender, race. That would help Comfort to narrow down who are their driver who fit this description and working on that day and shift. If none of the taxi driver come forward, most likeky he had no intention of returning the stuff.

To the person who had picked up the stuff, please be kind enough to post the cards back to the couple if you intend to keep the camera. IMO, the photographer does not deserve to have his gears back but his client is a Victim. (provided the stories are true.. ie the photog is drunk)
    True ; but he is drunk. I doubt he can remember the driver's face though

Shouldn't Comfort be able to trace the cab?

And which idiot cab driver would speed off with the passenger's belongings in the taxi?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast