Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 113

Thread: Lost Wedding Photos!!!

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Northland
    Posts
    2,141

    Default Re: Lost Wedding Photos!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by landt View Post
    Hi jeanie,

    Thank you for correcting me, my husband and I are not photographers so we do not know the difference, we only know that they are memory cards.

    Thank you everyone for your help and concern, we hope that our photos will be returned to us soon, and will inform you when we have good news...

    Thanks,
    Tammy

    ouch ... sorry to hear about your loss .... pester the taxi company ..they ve a tracking device ..so they can trace the taxi and the driver who probably can give you more leads ..GOOD LUCK

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Dry cabinet!
    Posts
    1,757

    Default Re: Lost Wedding Photos!!!

    I would think Comfort would have already broadcast out to all their cab drivers about this incident.
    But I think the taxi driver maybe reluctant to step forward as Comfort maytake action against him for chasing the photographer out of the cab and driving off.

    Nonetheless, I will tell any taxi drivers when I get onto a Comfort cab. Hope they will spread the word when they go out with their fellow drivers during kopi time.

    All the best to Linus & Tammy in getting back their photos
    Dreaming... 14mm f2.8, 16-35 f2.8 mkII, 85 f1.2 mkII

  3. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In the east
    Posts
    38

    Default Re: Lost Wedding Photos!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    trust the photogs here.it should be SD cards.

    good luck tammy.i definitely feel your anguish.
    Jeanie, I feel obliged to point out, at this point, that it should be CF cards, not SD cards. I don't mean to be rude, am just clarifying.

    Tammy - I sincerely hope you find the cards. It's a devastating loss. All the best!

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Dry cabinet!
    Posts
    1,757

    Default Re: Lost Wedding Photos!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    trust the photogs here.it should be SD cards.

    good luck tammy.i definitely feel your anguish.
    Its CF lah
    Dreaming... 14mm f2.8, 16-35 f2.8 mkII, 85 f1.2 mkII

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Northland
    Posts
    2,141

    Default Re: Lost Wedding Photos!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
    I would think Comfort would have already broadcast out to all their cab drivers about this incident.
    But I think the taxi driver maybe reluctant to step forward as Comfort maytake action against him for chasing the photographer out of the cab and driving off.

    Nonetheless, I will tell any taxi drivers when I get onto a Comfort cab. Hope they will spread the word when they go out with their fellow drivers during kopi time.

    All the best to Linus & Tammy in getting back their photos
    true bro.. but at least the driver may be forgiven for making one less mistake, that is ..keeping quiet and NOT step forward ...and eventually still be identified ?

    anyway..still *OUCH*

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    La La Land
    Posts
    1,294

    Default Re: Lost Wedding Photos!!!

    after reading the post by the bride for the first time... i sensed there are some inconsistencies (as correctly pointed out by jeanie and wazzup5). to be fair to them and to the rest, i guess for a proper investigation or retrieval of items to be carried out, accurate information needs to be conveyed.

    now since clarifications have been made by the bride, i'll not dwell further on this.

    i guess it's now up to conscience of the person to return the stuff to the rightfull owner.

    to Tammy and Linus... hope you get back your photos real soon. i know the shlt feeling of losing something valuable.

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Dry cabinet!
    Posts
    1,757

    Default Re: Lost Wedding Photos!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by AhV View Post
    ouch ... sorry to hear about your loss .... pester the taxi company ..they ve a tracking device ..so they can trace the taxi and the driver who probably can give you more leads ..GOOD LUCK
    but I don't think the system records & store the location of taxis every sec or min bah.
    Imagine... 24 hr x 60min = 1440 data entries each cab for per min location.
    If there are 5000 cabs, then that will be 7.2M data entries per day.
    If they keep 1 week record, thats 50.4M entries needed. If per sec recording, thats over 3G of entries
    Dreaming... 14mm f2.8, 16-35 f2.8 mkII, 85 f1.2 mkII

  8. #48

    Default Re: Lost Wedding Photos!!!

    Hopes you get the lost photograph. It's sad this thing happen.
    Think of concepts and work towards it.

  9. #49
    Senior Member josho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jln Teck Whye
    Posts
    2,110

    Default Re: Lost Wedding Photos!!!

    Hope you get the photographs back! Peace!

  10. #50

    Default Re: Lost Wedding Photos!!!

    Hi, landt.

    Very sorry to hear about your experience and hope you can recover your photos.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  11. #51

    Default Re: Lost Wedding Photos!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    so is it SD or CF?
    brides dunno the diff i guess.

  12. #52

    Default Re: Lost Wedding Photos!!!

    Hi Tammy,

    u may check is there any CCTV around the Middle Road in front of the InterContinental Hotel area, it might help.

    Good luck to u.

  13. #53
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: Lost Wedding Photos!!!

    There should be a log entry when the meter is turned ON and OFF right.. So if the party can provide the boarding venue and time, the company may be able to trace which taxi had the meter turned ON within that period and in the vicinity of the location. That might narrow down the search?

    Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
    but I don't think the system records & store the location of taxis every sec or min bah.
    Imagine... 24 hr x 60min = 1440 data entries each cab for per min location.
    If there are 5000 cabs, then that will be 7.2M data entries per day.
    If they keep 1 week record, thats 50.4M entries needed. If per sec recording, thats over 3G of entries

  14. #54

    Default Re: Lost Wedding Photos!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by mlowjl View Post
    Jeanie, I feel obliged to point out, at this point, that it should be CF cards, not SD cards. I don't mean to be rude, am just clarifying.

    Tammy - I sincerely hope you find the cards. It's a devastating loss. All the best!
    no.it's good that someone points out.

    so CF it is.

  15. #55

    Default Re: Lost Wedding Photos!!!

    Hmm, the photographer may be unprofessional - but at the same time, it makes the taxi driver a thief.

    Which may be why the cabbie ain't saying anything.

  16. #56

    Default Re: Lost Wedding Photos!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by AhV View Post
    ouch ... sorry to hear about your loss .... pester the taxi company ..they ve a tracking device ..so they can trace the taxi and the driver who probably can give you more leads ..GOOD LUCK
    Yes try that. But of course they can't promise you to retrieve the items you have losts. But thats the best you can try. So do try. Better make a heavy complains & remarks on the Taxi driver that even though the passenger threw up they shouldn't have kick the passenger out of the vehicle.

    Have they make a police report. Better do, otherwise the Cab company will put that under a non important priority.

    I really wish the couple Good Luck & i pray both of them can recover those images.

    To the photog who have lost the equipments & MOST importantly please lodge a report on the lost equipments to the police as well to the Cab company.

    The cab driver is consider a thief if he have not report customer items left behind his cab.
    Make it a big issue to the cab company.

    I mean just give a try. Don't feel skeptical in doing it. At least you are responsible to recover those items & Images.

    Its so sad to hear that. But all the best lucks for the couple & the photog.

    Btw CS members, please try to gives helps & advises on the relevant subject given, as i can see some starts to discuss things thats is quite irrelevant from the subject.

  17. #57
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    389

    Default Re: Lost Wedding Photos!!!

    to tammy and linus. i do hope that you can retrieve back your memories... it saddens me after reading this.

    maybe some pointers that you can explore further. Since u know the cab dropped the photog off near Furama Riverfront, have you checked with Furama Riverfront or any buildings / hotel opp / nearby to see if there is anyone that may help to spot that cab (hopefully can see the car plate)? at the back of my mind there should be some commotion when the photog was forced out of that cab. a good source could be the petrol kiosk (SPC i think), since there are attendants working there. chances are slim, but i think it's worth a try.

    to the photog, i do hope you've learnt this hard lesson well. please take full responsibility on this case and for further case, make sure u guard your pictures. to me, they are more precious than your life.
    Imagination is more powerful than words.

  18. #58
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Mostly SF, Sometimes SGP
    Posts
    424

    Default Re: Lost Wedding Photos!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman View Post

    to the photog, i do hope you've learnt this hard lesson well. please take full responsibility on this case and for further case, make sure u guard your pictures. to me, they are more precious than your life.
    Err, isn't that a little extreme? As much as I would love my clients to treasure their photos a lot, I don't think any picture is ever worth a human life.

  19. #59
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    389

    Default Re: Lost Wedding Photos!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ckuang View Post
    Err, isn't that a little extreme? As much as I would love my clients to treasure their photos a lot, I don't think any picture is ever worth a human life.
    i do agree that it's a bit to the extreme end. but u can't reproduce the same effect / emotions / etc etc if you have missed it... worst lose it...

    just imagine, at the end of the shoot, ur photog tell u (u r the client)... "I lost my memory cards. all photos gone." how would you feel?

    on the other hand, you tell your client, the same old story... how do you feel as a photographer?

    your clients trusted you so much (or maybe trusted the bridal shop) and just hope at the end of the day, he/she gets the photos. be it nice or not that another issue. its a paid job, not a friend friend tfcd shoot or 2nd / 3rd / 4th photog. now you won't be able to reproduce it. maybe i was a bit more emotional when it comes to this (sorry if i had offended anyone typing this). a wedding is once-a-lifetime event. no one wishes to have an unpleasant one at the end of the day.

    right now, we can just hope that the couple gets back their photos and life goes on.
    Imagination is more powerful than words.

  20. #60
    Member Static's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Surfing soft porn in CS
    Posts
    1,079

    Default Re: Lost Wedding Photos!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman View Post

    just imagine, at the end of the shoot, ur photog tell u (u r the client)... "I lost my memory cards. all photos gone." how would you feel?

    on the other hand, you tell your client, the same old story... how do you feel as a photographer?

    your clients trusted you so much (or maybe trusted the bridal shop) and just hope at the end of the day, he/she gets the photos. be it nice or not that another issue. its a paid job, not a friend friend tfcd shoot or 2nd / 3rd / 4th photog. now you won't be able to reproduce it. maybe i was a bit more emotional when it comes to this (sorry if i had offended anyone typing this). a wedding is once-a-lifetime event. no one wishes to have an unpleasant one at the end of the day.

    right now, we can just hope that the couple gets back their photos and life goes on.
    Based on the facts provided, I am wondering if such irresponsible photographer is capable of delivering the goods that the client were expecting.

    I had my share of unpleasant experience with a freelancer videographer here in CS. Last min SMS me some lame excuse saying he not free to take my job. pui. Surprisingly he felt he is in no wrong and still actively promoting his services here. Double PUI !

    Wedding is once in a lifetime affair. Naturally couple will demand that photographers and videographers put on a more responsible and serious attitude.

    I really can't imagine why would anyone feel comfortable carrying such heavy equipment and go drinking ?? omg...
    陳綺貞 2010 [夏季練習曲] 巡迴演唱會 Cheer Concert 13 Nov 2010 MAX Pavilion@Singapore Expo

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •