Thread: (Wo)man's Best Friend

Default (Wo)man's Best Friend

Was out with my wife and dog (terrible dog I tell you ) at ECP on an early morning for breakfast and a walk.

Just wanted to show the buddy-buddy relationships that we humans have with our pets. Shot at 24mm, 1/60s, f/16.

How does the framing and colours work for you? I saturated the blues a little to make the sky a little more interesting.

More pics here

Default Re: (Wo)man's Best Friend

Would be nicer IMO if both dog and lady faces the same direction instead of opposites. Nice skies tho.

Z

I like the idea, though the skies could be further enhanced. They still look a little cyan-ish.

What I like to do is use a Selective Colour layer and play with the hue of the sky as well, tweaking in the blue channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoobiee View Post
    Would be nicer IMO if both dog and lady faces the same direction instead of opposites. Nice skies tho.

Z
    yA, i agree. it'll better reflect your intention to show the meaning of friendship

Quote Originally Posted by Zoobiee View Post

Z
    Conversely, it could mean that the dog has the owner's back, and vice versa. (I just thought of that awhile ago. heh.)

@yatlapball, notice your avatar changed overnight.

zooobie: Thanks. I did think of that as well. But the dog wasn't being very cooperative

calebk & raiad: Will try to make that happen the next time. Was thinking along the lines of "i watch your back you watch mine" when I made this shot.

OT: heh. That avatar was just a fun shot taken by my wife in a studio the day before yesterday.

I thought by including some foreground interest would have improved your shot. The bottom part of your shot is too tight...
    Canon 5D mkII|24-105 F4 IS L|70-200 F4 IS L|135 F2 L|580EX|