Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where is the best place to buy an iPhone in Singapore?

Default Where is the best place to buy an iPhone in Singapore?

Hi just wondering where is a gd place to get an iPhone in Singapore and roughly how much it costs? Can it be used with our local network liao? Coz I saw a lady using it this morning while on my way to work. I m thinking of getting an iPod Touch initially but after reading up about it on the web, it appears that getting an iPhone will be better as the iPod Touch is basically an iPhone without the phone and many features taken out.
    Last edited by aaron80; 17th October 2007 at 05:16 PM.
    Life is like photography, we develop from the negatives.

Default Re: Where is the best place to buy an iPhone in Singapore?

www.mobilesquare.com.sg

dunno got warranty or not

u mean shop warranty?
    1 thing's for sure. no official apple one
    [QUOTE=dan_1337;2947523]if it was painted white, it would cost twice as much as Sigma =P[QUOTE]

ok thanks alot guys. I am still contemplating between this or the iPod Touch..

The touch has great battery life, is thinner, comes in 16GB ad can easily be "hacked" with the Jailbreak app.

The iPhone is not a good phone, but a good multimedia device. So I'd rather stick to my SE W580 for phone use, and if I had to choose, I'd get the touch because I don't need the handicapped phone use of the iPhone. Especially in SMS-hungry Singapore, the iPhone is a bit of a pain!
    Alpha

Ya actually thats how I feel too. I am still very happy with my current hp, SE W810i. Just want to get a gd MP3 player and the Touch seems to have all that I want. I am only considering the iPhone now becoz alot of websites gave the iTouch not so favourable reviews saying that its much inferior to the iPhone. Alot of useful features from the iPhone has been taken out from the Touch. However I know that the Touch is built mainly to be a music player, so if it doesnt include alot of the iPhone's functions it can't be fault also.

I saw from website that the Touch is going for $498 for the 8Gb one. Anyone can verify that? And where is a gd place to get it? The official Apple Store? I think I saw one before at Paragon?

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    The touch has great battery life, is thinner, comes in 16GB ad can easily be "hacked" with the Jailbreak app.

The iPhone is not a good phone, but a good multimedia device. So I'd rather stick to my SE W580 for phone use, and if I had to choose, I'd get the touch because I don't need the handicapped phone use of the iPhone. Especially in SMS-hungry Singapore, the iPhone is a bit of a pain!
    Last edited by aaron80; 18th October 2007 at 10:18 AM.

iPhone? Not very friendly now. 1 of my colleagues is using it & got it hacked from Singtel. Usable in S'pore but bear in mind that currently you are not able to receive the Security PIN via SMS from banks when you want to do internet banking.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

But an Ipod touch and stick even a old Nokia N70 with double sided tape at the back and it will still be better than iphone!

I'm using touch now. I am super duper happeeee... I was totally blown away by the web browsing functionalities. Makes me wonder why the pocket pc can't have a web browser that does the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by seankyh View Post
    But an Ipod touch and stick even a old Nokia N70 with double sided tape at the back and it will still be better than iphone!

I'm using touch now. I am super duper happeeee... I was totally blown away by the web browsing functionalities. Makes me wonder why the pocket pc can't have a web browser that does the same thing.
    lol.....agree with the web browser.....another happy hacked touchie......
    "ashes to ashes; funk to funky..we know major_tom's a junkie
    strung out on heaven's high....."

Guys how much u bought ur iPod Touch for and where to buy it? I think most probably I will be getting it..

Quote Originally Posted by major_tom View Post
    lol.....agree with the web browser.....another happy hacked touchie......

Sim Lim Sq 5th Floor. Forgot the shop's name. They sell games and decals for iPods. Can't miss it. Ipod Touch 16GB is 655, comes with charger.

Sim Lim Sq 5th Floor. Forgot the shop's name. They sell games and decals for iPods. Can't miss it. Ipod Touch 16GB is 655, comes with charger.

I think its right next door to Orient Photo - haha, another reason to go to SLS!

I am thinking of getting the 8Gb one. They have? I know retail price for the 8Gb shld be 498. Its a brand new set right? I am abit sceptical when comes to buying electronic stuffs at SLS sometimes..

Avoid the big shops in Sls. Never buy electronics from the first 2 floors. Don't know how much 8gb costs. Name of the shop is atomware. #05-76
    Last edited by seankyh; 19th October 2007 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aaron80 View Post
    I am thinking of getting the 8Gb one. They have? I know retail price for the 8Gb shld be 498. Its a brand new set right? I am abit sceptical when comes to buying electronic stuffs at SLS sometimes..
    one place for sure has a bad reputation... the SxxG brothers... avoid tat
    40D 50mmF1.8 17-85mm 24-70L

Quote Originally Posted by Majest1c View Post
    one place for sure has a bad reputation... the SxxG brothers... avoid tat
    I can't agree more. They serve a different market segment....tourists!

Thanks bro! Anyway how u hack the Touch? Does the shop do for u if u ask?

Avoid the big shops in Sls. Never buy electronics from the first 2 floors. Don't know how much 8gb costs. Name of the shop is atomware. #05-76

Quote Originally Posted by aaron80 View Post
    Thanks bro! Anyway how u hack the Touch? Does the shop do for u if u ask?
    It's called Jailbreak, and many shops will not do it for fear of losing their official reseller status.
    Alpha

Sorry for my noob questiont, what additional feature can I get after hacking the iTouch?
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

Quote Originally Posted by airfins View Post
    Sorry for my noob questiont, what additional feature can I get after hacking the iTouch?
    You can install 3rd party applications, like IM clients, etc. The default touch doesn't allow you to do that.
    Alpha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast