Thread: What's the best noise-canceling headphones?

Default What's the best noise-canceling headphones?

I fly a lot (and I mean a real lot). So now I am seriously looking at good noise-cancelling phones. I'm not interested in the sound quality if the noise-canceling function is turned off. The main considerations for me (roughly 50-50) is

1. Noise cancellation
    2. comfort

I'm looking at the AudioTechnica ANC 7 - they have quite a good review in some forums. The bose ones are super comfortable - and super ex (BOSE - better options somewhere else).

Any other suggestions?

Default Re: What's the best noise-canceling headphones?

Quote Originally Posted by cy_j View Post
    I fly a lot (and I mean a real lot). So now I am seriously looking at good noise-cancelling phones. I'm not interested in the sound quality if the noise-canceling function is turned off. The main considerations for me (roughly 50-50) is

1. Noise cancellation
    2. comfort

I'm looking at the AudioTechnica ANC 7 - they have quite a good review in some forums. The bose ones are super comfortable - and super ex (BOSE - better options somewhere else).

Any other suggestions?
    Sony? I tried Aiwa before but couldn't stand the hiss..

Well, Shure in ear Mons are pretty good. I can sit in a club and when my music plays, all i hear is my music and nothing else. Right now i'm using the e3c. and im loving it. I believe the newer ones will be even better.

how much are the BOSE headphones?

Quote Originally Posted by snowspeeder View Post
    how much are the BOSE headphones?
    The QC2 are around 300USD and the QC3 are 350USD. For less than half the price one can get the ANC7s ( though I must get one the next time I'm stateside. Here it costs 350SGD)

If you have the dough, you can try Shure's SE 210 which retails for about 200+ or the SE 530 which retails for about 800+. If you buy the SE 530 do post a review for us..

If you're in the Bay Area, go to Gilroy, there's a Sony outlet store there, they have refurbished noise-cancelling headphones for US$20. They also sell them new for $50, and I could not see the difference between the brand new and refurbished ones.

Low-end, but they do the job well enough ... of course you cannot expect Bose comfort and quality. And much better than in-ears, those get annoying on long flights.

Another thing about Gilroy, there's an In-and-Out Burger outlet there

i'm using Shure e2g....not too exp and quite comprehensive package. worth a look!
    a700 | dynax7
    sigma12-24/minolta28-135/sony70-300g/sig400/lensbaby2.0

im quite happy with my pxc 250.

check the review here: http://reviews.cnet.com/headphones-h...-21258924.html

sony in ear type.. i compared with the bose headphone before.. noise reduction is about the same in both but sony much cheaper and compact as its earphone.

etymotic erp4.