Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Newbie here... wanting to go DSLR

  1. #1

    Default Newbie here... wanting to go DSLR

    Hi Guys ... i havent owned a DSLR ..been doing "PNS"
    Now i want to move into DSLR..
    I am a hardcore Fujifilm person (as far as PNS are concerned) - Super Hex CCD is power
    i am looking at the S5 Pro ... but i am also thinking about the Nikon D40 ...
    anyone had the same dilemma as me?

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Ang Mo Kio
    Posts
    1,199

    Default Re: Newbie here... wanting to go DSLR

    Bro,

    D40 and S5Pro are 2 different class of camera.

    S5Pro is a D200 with Fuji Sensor.

    Had a friend who uses S5 PRO and the colour is great.

    If money is not an issue, I would go for S5Pro.

    Hope it helps you
    Let's get rolling :)

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    458

    Default Re: Newbie here... wanting to go DSLR

    if u are realli serious about photography, go for the S5Pro, if u wan to just start simple, get the D40 and slowly upgrade
    http://www.dreamstime.com/Ionsoon_info
    So much Creativity So much Technology

  4. #4

    Default Re: Newbie here... wanting to go DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by IONSOON View Post
    if u are realli serious about photography, go for the S5Pro, if u wan to just start simple, get the D40 and slowly upgrade

    Okay Thanks man... will check out the prices ..i understand that finepix uses Nikon F mount ...so lenses should not be an issue like olympus right?

  5. #5

    Default Re: Newbie here... wanting to go DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by gonefishing View Post
    Okay Thanks man... will check out the prices ..i understand that finepix uses Nikon F mount ...so lenses should not be an issue like olympus right?
    d40 does not have a focusing motor in its body, so only af-s and af-i lenses will work if you are getting the d40.

  6. #6
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: Newbie here... wanting to go DSLR

    Quote Originally Posted by gonefishing View Post
    Hi Guys ... i havent owned a DSLR ..been doing "PNS"
    Now i want to move into DSLR..
    I am a hardcore Fujifilm person (as far as PNS are concerned) - Super Hex CCD is power
    i am looking at the S5 Pro ... but i am also thinking about the Nikon D40 ...
    anyone had the same dilemma as me?
    The S5 Pro and D40 is worlds apart in terms of quality and pricing...

    If you intend to look at the S5, then consider at least a D200 on the Nikon side. D300 reccommended if you have the dough. But seriously, do read up more and think about the D80, it's a good beginner's cam which allows for room to experiment with the AF lenses, instead of being shackled to AF-S lenses like when you opt for a D40.

    Go read more and go down to the shops and feel how they are in your hands first too before you do buy any.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  7. #7

    Default Re: Newbie here... wanting to go DSLR

    if u like to walk around and take pictures i dun recommend d200 and d300. Too heavy in my opinion. a D40, D80 or D70s would be sufficient.
    Chanxj
    my blog @ http://sgsnap.com

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •