Thread: Question regarding canon selphy 720

Default Question regarding canon selphy 720

Hi all, recently i borrowed the 720printer from my gf brother to test. Bought the paper and happily came home to try it.

B4 i came home i went to kodak to print 2 instant print from my cf card to see how the 720 fare against outside print.

To my disappointment the picture came out very underexposed and the color seems to be quite off.

Tried to increase the brightness but doesnt seems to help. Way off when i compare the print from the selphy720 with my lcd. Kodak instant print wins hands down here.

Dun wanna waste the rest of the 100+ papers so any guys can help me out? Is there any settings or calibration for the printer?

Thanks!

Default Re: Question regarding canon selphy 720

Quote Originally Posted by akababy View Post
    Hi all, recently i borrowed the 720printer from my gf brother to test. Bought the paper and happily came home to try it.

B4 i came home i went to kodak to print 2 instant print from my cf card to see how the 720 fare against outside print.

To my disappointment the picture came out very underexposed and the color seems to be quite off.

Tried to increase the brightness but doesnt seems to help. Way off when i compare the print from the selphy720 with my lcd. Kodak instant print wins hands down here.

Dun wanna waste the rest of the 100+ papers so any guys can help me out? Is there any settings or calibration for the printer?

Thanks!
    You can give CSC a call and check with them about calibration. Initially, my prints were also underexposed. Went for a calibration and now it's ok.

hm... is there anyway besides that? cos i gotta return it soon

Quote Originally Posted by akababy View Post
    hm... is there anyway besides that? cos i gotta return it soon
    you can try to mod the exposure but you cant mod the colour. There's omsething i notice about the canon CP series.. yellow + green are always off. i took a picture of some hari raya family pics at my house with yellow background and printed using the cp720 and the colour was .. WAAAAAAyyyyyyyyyyy off. the only way i had it right was to photoshop it. and heck.. the colour on LCD, my camera LCD and wat was on the CP720 lcd screen was all different frm the prints. pic on LCD + Cam + CP720 shows the same pic but when printed out was underexposed and colour balance was way off.

http://forums.clubsnap.com.sg/showth...=277590&page=2

refer to post 39. but i wont recommed to do it as its not yours

ah..will see whether can do that anot but the color balance also way off man. Definetly puts me off in buying 1.

Anyone tried the sony? Heavily push by mscolor.

Have the sony printer and I think the pics are quite good..

Hi.... I'm a Selphy CP720 user myself.

I agree the photo tends to be on the underexposed side..... and find that in photoshop, just add 20-25 % to Brightness will slove the problem. If the pics is already bright.... then just add about 15%. Must play around abit. But over all, still cheaper to use then my Canon i990 printer.

Hope this helps.....

Scuba & Father... For Life

i honestly own Kodak EasyShare and Canon Selphy 720

I think i prefer the kodak as the canon selphy requires tweaking the settings in PS .

when i shoot jpeg , connecting my camera OR SDcard to my laptop with both printers connected, UNEDITED, the kodak prints BETTER than the selphy.