Thread: Thirst Quencher

Default Thirst Quencher

Comments please ... Noob here... Using 400D ... off focused be cause couldn't lie down on the sand ... And thanks to 100+ for the drink !

Default Re: Thirst Quencher

Why did you even post this? You yourself know it's not "ready" since you admitted it's OOF.

The colors are flat, the horizon is tilted about 8 degrees, the can is OOF and I don't see "thirst quencher" so much as "I am a litter bug".

The background is poor as well. You chopped off all the trees on the left!

Think you already know the problem with the picture. On top of that, the tilted horizon, cluttered background and harsh lighting just doesn't work. In all honesty, it looked more like you shot an empty can someone littered on the beach.

The subject does not stands out from the background
    http://www.dreamstime.com/Ionsoon_info
    So much Creativity So much Technology

it quenched the thirst of the sun instead?

it doesnt look refreshing, all its condensation has been absorbed by the sun, not chilling not cool and refreshing. well its hard to get it under such condition. perhaps get a subject sweating all over and drink it..

Black twig disturbing, no subject in your pic that suggests thirst quencher, OOF, messy background, tilted horizon, need to say more?
    Canon 5D mkII|24-105 F4 IS L|70-200 F4 IS L|135 F2 L|580EX|

suggest TS go pick up a good book on photography (there are some out there that are great if u are starting out wif DSLR) and learn the basics b4 posting shots up for comments. this way it's more useful for TS and community as a whole. cheers.

oh and DO learn how to Post-Process your shots, this pic is OBVIOUSLY NOT processed. PP can do wonders!
    When life hands u lemons.... ASK FOR TEQUILA AND SALT!

its his idea lah of taking tat pic...yeah its out OOF but kinda interesting shot for a beginner..maybe u need to tell more why u took like dat kinda pic cums with tat kinda of title...wat i say u know ur idea on and i think if u wanna take tat kinda shots, u need to use better lens...take more of that shot n slowly gain the knowledge of focus n crop of the unwanted background....

Quote Originally Posted by zhikang View Post

oh and DO learn how to Post-Process your shots, this pic is OBVIOUSLY NOT processed. PP can do wonders!
    PP can do wonders, but not miracles. I believe you need to take a good photo first while using PP to enhance ur good photo. my $0.02

Quote Originally Posted by rambutan View Post
    PP can do wonders, but not miracles. I believe you need to take a good photo first while using PP to enhance ur good photo. my $0.02
    of cos lah... heh that's a given. but PP can really make a diff that's what i'm saying heh.
    When life hands u lemons.... ASK FOR TEQUILA AND SALT!

thanks for the advice , pros... will try out more shots... this shot was taken on the sand lying down already... hard to look into the viewfinder and taking a shot ... previewing it is also hard with the harsh sunlight into my screen ... and i didn't know there was a mode to select the focus point ... so finally figured out all the problems ...

Quote Originally Posted by KeonSG View Post
    thanks for the advice , pros... will try out more shots... this shot was taken on the sand lying down already... hard to look into the viewfinder and taking a shot ... previewing it is also hard with the harsh sunlight into my screen ... and i didn't know there was a mode to select the focus point ... so finally figured out all the problems ...
    if you really want to take low angle shots... would be best if you could get an angle-finder. it sure helps when taking such shots.

don't be disheartened by all the comments here. take them constructively. everyone go through this phase in their photography life.

Welcome to 400D club.. hope to see more.....
    | www.falconite.com | flickr |
    Canon Equipments

good for you
    http://www.dreamstime.com/Ionsoon_info
    So much Creativity So much Technology

ok ... went to do some basic PP and ended up with this ...

Edited off the 'twig'(actually a used cable tie) someone mentioned earlier on ...

editing can do wonders to the pics, best to capture it raw...u have to play more on ur Aperture Mode....learn the focus point..play with it more n u will know the wonders of it...from the Pic edit, can see the 100+ is not so sharp enuff, maybe due to lens not appropriate...maybe to use macro lens for this shot...

ok ... thanks for the advice ... will be getting a 50mm f1.8 lens soon !

the colours are still not brought out?

i like the tighter crop but i would suggest keeping the tilt. In that tight crop everything seems so upright and firm, so rigid and unbalanced.

The sharpness in this case cant be helped anyway, try playing with curves or levels

Comments please ... Noob here... Using 400D ... off focused be cause couldn't lie down on the sand ... And thanks to 100+ for the drink !

If you can set up this shot again (or similar) and (taking into account some suggestions others have said)....

Have a friend lying on the sand about 3mtrs back face down with their left hand raised as if needing the drink.

Just a thought
    Time, is an effortless construction :)

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    If you can set up this shot again (or similar) and (taking into account some suggestions others have said)....

Have a friend lying on the sand about 3mtrs back face down with their left hand raised as if needing the drink.

Just a thought
    that desperate! hahah!