Thread: polarizing & UV filters..

Smile polarizing & UV filters..

hmm.. dun wanna start a war here, but which brands of polarizing filters and UV filters would you guys recommend? am looking for circular polarizing filters , but am a bit lost in this area..

Hoya?
    Vitacon?
    other brands?

cheers!

Default Re: polarizing & UV filters..

what is your budget?

hoya is generally best bang for buck

and usually brand wars take place over cameras, not filters la hurhur

hmm.. budget? no budget in particular.. looking for sth real good.. i see mostly Hoyas.. anyone knows abt the brand B+W?

Quote Originally Posted by weezdom View Post
    hmm.. budget? no budget in particular.. looking for sth real good.. i see mostly Hoyas.. anyone knows abt the brand B+W?
    B+W is costly... never had one before.. but from what other CS-ers have been saying... it's gooooooddd
    Trust me, I'm not so bad! | TangShooters

For me it's B+W and nothing else. I used to be a Hoya user but due to it's 'harder-to-clean' nature, i switched to B+W and never regretted since.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

when you are talking about Best bang for bucks, its definitely Marumi... their slim 77mm CPL cost only 70+SGD in China... if older from ebay, its about 90SGD+ including shipping.
    and yes, it performs as well as the Hoya Pro1 slim, if not better

I was at Cathay MS the other day when the salesperson promoted the panasonic polarizer to me. According to him, it is a slim one with multi-coated and it has a thread for the front len cover to be fitted. The price is $300!! But they are selling at $190 now. Any comment on this panasonic polarizer?

Anyway, the B+W one, 72mm, is seliing for $215.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer_toons View Post
    I was at Cathay MS the other day when the salesperson promoted the panasonic polarizer to me. According to him, it is a slim one with multi-coated and it has a thread for the front len cover to be fitted. The price is $300!! But they are selling at $190 now. Any comment on this panasonic polarizer?

, still safer to get the common brand... Hoya, B+W, Kenko(Kenko offer one of the best value in SG)

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer_toons View Post

since the diff in price between the panasonic (at offer price) and B+W is not significant, i'd go for the B+W any day. the testimonials given by those who use it =
    Last edited by SolBadGuy; 16th October 2007 at 11:12 PM.
    Trust me, I'm not so bad! | TangShooters

B+W - The ultimate filter.

But then, i've heard of Leica filters as well.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.