Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: private driving schools to recommend?

  1. #1
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default private driving schools to recommend?

    as per title..anyone has any good private driving schools with high passing rate to recommend? i stay in the east so east side schools are preferred.
    eat. drink. shoot

  2. #2

    Default Re: private driving schools to recommend?

    me still dun understand diff between private and government one. is it lesser lessons or better instructors?

  3. #3
    Senior Member Galdor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Planet Gaia
    Posts
    9,544

    Default Re: private driving schools to recommend?

    Quote Originally Posted by satay16 View Post
    me still dun understand diff between private and government one. is it lesser lessons or better instructors?
    Some say it's cheaper to get pte ones but some say that pte ones more difficult to pass at the test, got to depend on the relationship between the instructor & the test centre. Got mine from SAF (the gov't).
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

  4. #4
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: private driving schools to recommend?

    Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    as per title..anyone has any good private driving schools with high passing rate to recommend? i stay in the east so east side schools are preferred.
    I'm using Cathay (Bedok Interchange)

    you can take a look there. Btw, they are refusing to allow new instructors to teach privately anymore... Only the old-timers are still allowed to. Once these fellas pass on (or get too old to teach), everyone WILL have to learn at the driving schools.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  5. #5
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: private driving schools to recommend?

    Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    I'm using Cathay (Bedok Interchange)

    you can take a look there. Btw, they are refusing to allow new instructors to teach privately anymore... Only the old-timers are still allowed to. Once these fellas pass on (or get too old to teach), everyone WILL have to learn at the driving schools.
    any website or exact location? been around bedok int many times but have yet to notice any driving schools there...
    eat. drink. shoot

  6. #6
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: private driving schools to recommend?

    Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    any website or exact location? been around bedok int many times but have yet to notice any driving schools there...
    Blk 217, Bedok North St 1
    #01-55

    64436011

    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  7. #7
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: private driving schools to recommend?

    If we sign up for driving test, do we need to learn at driving school? Can get someone to personally teach you?

  8. #8
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: private driving schools to recommend?

    Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    If we sign up for driving test, do we need to learn at driving school? Can get someone to personally teach you?
    nope..you just sign up as a private candidate and go for the tests only
    eat. drink. shoot

  9. #9
    Member mojopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    bEdOk NoRtH
    Posts
    344

    Default Re: private driving schools to recommend?

    [QUOTE=zac08;3468174]I'm using Cathay (Bedok Interchange)

    QUOTE]



    swee...
    i got my driving license there also exactly one year ago.
    my driving instructor is Mr Lim iirc.
    fierce looking old man he is but he's good.
    i remembered my first lesson, he ask me to drive back to the shop from a carpark at Bedok South.
    the furthest i drove with him was to sembawang beach. (we stopped at the round about for a while and den he point to me the buildings across the sea and say, "Over there is Malaysia."

    i highly recommend him if you are attending there and if he's still instructing.
    You are who you are. Shoot what you enjoy.
    PBase || Blog

  10. #10
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: private driving schools to recommend?

    Quote Originally Posted by mojopy View Post
    swee...
    i got my driving license there also exactly one year ago.
    my driving instructor is Mr Lim iirc.
    fierce looking old man he is but he's good.
    i remembered my first lesson, he ask me to drive back to the shop from a carpark at Bedok South.
    the furthest i drove with him was to sembawang beach. (we stopped at the round about for a while and den he point to me the buildings across the sea and say, "Over there is Malaysia."

    i highly recommend him if you are attending there and if he's still instructing.
    you took your driving test there? or just lessons only?
    eat. drink. shoot

  11. #11
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: private driving schools to recommend?

    Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    nope..you just sign up as a private candidate and go for the tests only
    Oh good! My dad might be able to teach me personally.
    But mystery last minute assignments prevent me from booking time slots for exams.

  12. #12
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: private driving schools to recommend?

    Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    Oh good! My dad might be able to teach me personally.
    But mystery last minute assignments prevent me from booking time slots for exams.
    Your dad may not be able to allow you to drive on the roads though... unless he's a qualified instructor with the valid license.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  13. #13
    Member mojopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    bEdOk NoRtH
    Posts
    344

    Default Re: private driving schools to recommend?

    Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    you took your driving test there? or just lessons only?
    when you sign up as a student there, they will help you to book the test date.
    dun need to worry about queuing up at the Comfort Driving Centre to book your test date.
    when you register, you need to pay a registration fee and car usage fee.
    the first payment will break your wallet.
    overall, i spent less than $1k to getting my license.
    You are who you are. Shoot what you enjoy.
    PBase || Blog

  14. #14
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: private driving schools to recommend?

    care to PM me the rates? my basic theory test is in end dec..i'll be going for practical lessons only after my FTT
    eat. drink. shoot

  15. #15

    Default Re: private driving schools to recommend?

    Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    care to PM me the rates? my basic theory test is in end dec..i'll be going for practical lessons only after my FTT
    hey. cool. me too. mine is the one at yio chu kang. i walk from my camp to the driving centre, so did not really memorised the name of the centre.


    btw, i thought FTT taken together with the pratical test?>
    Last edited by satay16; 17th October 2007 at 08:54 PM.

  16. #16
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: private driving schools to recommend?

    Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Your dad may not be able to allow you to drive on the roads though... unless he's a qualified instructor with the valid license.
    That's what I was asking... whether can one learn to drive personally from someone and go take the test

  17. #17
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: private driving schools to recommend?

    Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    That's what I was asking... whether can one learn to drive personally from someone and go take the test
    Nope. Unless you have private roads.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  18. #18
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: private driving schools to recommend?

    Quote Originally Posted by satay16 View Post
    hey. cool. me too. mine is the one at yio chu kang. i walk from my camp to the driving centre, so did not really memorised the name of the centre.


    btw, i thought FTT taken together with the pratical test?>
    nope, FTT and practical tests are different things IIRC
    eat. drink. shoot

  19. #19

    Default Re: private driving schools to recommend?

    Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    nope, FTT and practical tests are different things IIRC
    hmmm........ cos they told me like can take FTT and prac on the same day. FTT first then prac. but yeah, still can take on different day.

  20. #20
    Member mojopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    bEdOk NoRtH
    Posts
    344

    Default Re: private driving schools to recommend?

    Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    care to PM me the rates? my basic theory test is in end dec..i'll be going for practical lessons only after my FTT
    eh...
    i go and check if i still got the brochure around or not.
    You are who you are. Shoot what you enjoy.
    PBase || Blog

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •