Thread: Model Releases for TFCD

Default Model Releases for TFCD

I have several samples of Model Releases, but all starts with "for valuable consideration" - this doesn't necessarily mean monetary terms, right?

I don't intend to sell the shots, maybe just post it online. And I'd like to indicate this on the release. So far, the one I have is this:

For valuable consideration received, I hereby grant to ______ (Photographer) and his/her legal representatives and assigns, the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use and publish photographs of me, or in which I may be included, for editorial, trade, advertising, and any other purpose and in any manner and medium; to alter the same without restriction; and to copyright the same. I hereby release Photographer and his/her legal representatives and assigns from all claims and liability relating to said photographs.

The part for "editorial, trade, advertising" - this part sounds too commercial, no?

Anyone else has a sample TFCD non-commercial, website only Release? Thanks!
    Last edited by sevenfightclub; 13th October 2007 at 04:55 AM.

Default Re: Model Releases for TFCD

The model releases are drafted with money as valuable consideration in mind. But do search for model release here, you'll find lots of stuff.

Default Re: Model Releases for TFCD

Yeap valuable consideration is intended to refer to money. However, consideration does not have to be money. The only reason why this is included is to avoid challenges later that the contract is invalid for lack of consideration.

You can always just amend that clause to delete the words that you think sound too commercial.