Thread: Recommendations and tips for a solo backpack trip

Default Recommendations and tips for a solo backpack trip

Any bros here have done solo backpacking trips? Is there and suggestions or tips? Thanks

Default Re: Recommendations and tips for a solo backpack trip

Quote Originally Posted by tan131 View Post
    Any bros here have done solo backpacking trips? Is there and suggestions or tips? Thanks
    This sister has gone around China and Japan......some adventures.....but actually find going solo not as great as having someone to share the experience with......anyway always pick up "friends" along route.

I've did plenty of backpacking during when I was 20-23 years old and hope to share some things with you..

1 must-do thing for backpacking is to share a dorm instead of a single/double room. You can chat with people in the dorm from all around the world, exchange contacts, or even travel together during some part of the trip..

When traveling in train, do go to their bistro and grab some food, talk to some of the travelers, get some traveling tips and nice places to go.. You'll be surprised by the background of some of the local/travelers.. I ever met one Iran military officer who had to flee his country to go Norway and now he is a musician in Oslo.

Try not to reject any kind of offer (of course use your common sense).. I was offered free motorbike ride by some locals in Bali, and my initial thought it's quite unsafe.. But I just went with my gut feeling and agree with it. In the end, I traveled to some really really nice places which it's really off the beaten track, and it ended with some budget dinner where I gave him some tips. hehehe

thanks for the replies. looking to do one solo trip end of this year

Brother has done this plenty of times to Sri Lanka, India, the ASEAN countries. Too bad he's studying in Australia now though.

thanks for the replies. looking to do one solo trip end of this year
    Go for it! Dorms or no dorms, you'll still make friends along the way.