Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: First insect shots with FZ8

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    56

    Default First insect shots with FZ8

    The FZ8 baby is almost a month old now!

    Hope it's okay to continue posting photos here instead of the gallery. But a bit scared to post photos at the macro section cause so many awesome pics there

    Anyway I tried shooting insects this time but was a bit hard as the ants kept scurrying around (as ants usually do...) The butterfly was more cooperative! It stayed on the flower the entire time =D




  2. #2

    Default Re: First insect shots with FZ8

    wow... this is nice... did you use any additional lens or pp?

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    56

    Default Re: First insect shots with FZ8

    Quote Originally Posted by zzyzx View Post
    wow... this is nice... did you use any additional lens or pp?
    Thanks! No, I didn't use any additional lens, just the optical zoom on the FZ8

  4. #4

    Default Re: First insect shots with FZ8

    Nice pics...

    im oso using the same camera, but, i've nv gotten arnd takin much marco....dont seem to hav a nack for it...haha...

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tiong bahru
    Posts
    262

    Default Re: First insect shots with FZ8

    its always diffcult to take insects .... nv succeed

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    56

    Default Re: First insect shots with FZ8

    reson07>> I have better luck with macro than normal shots I think

    paperseal>>Agree! The insects keep moving around and just when you adjust the necessary settings, they all scurry away already

  7. #7

    Default Re: First insect shots with FZ8

    Guess you have to be quick for the insects..

    I have a qns, are u using MF or AF..?
    Cause i find MF real troublesome wif tat little nob....but I seem to like MF way better than AF, dont know why...

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    56

    Default Re: First insect shots with FZ8

    Quote Originally Posted by reson07 View Post
    Guess you have to be quick for the insects..

    I have a qns, are u using MF or AF..?
    Cause i find MF real troublesome wif tat little nob....but I seem to like MF way better than AF, dont know why...
    I used MF for these shots but if I'm feeling lazy or need a quick shot, I just switch on P!

  9. #9

    Default Re: First insect shots with FZ8

    Oic.....I've been tryin real hard to speed up the MF...but, *sigh...usually by the time i've got it right, i look up, and eveythings changed..lol...hai...

    btw, im not too sure abt this....the pics abv...are they at the maximum magnification..?
    at least for this camera...

  10. #10

    Default Re: First insect shots with FZ8

    Not bad but seems like its not focused close enough... U can try adding a close up filter to get a better magnifying effect. I did that with my old FZ50 and it worked wonders.

    D700|24-70 f2.8|50mm f1.8|105VR f2.8 Micro|28-70 f3.5-4.5|SB600|SB800

  11. #11

    Default Re: First insect shots with FZ8

    Quote Originally Posted by verityshu View Post
    The FZ8 baby is almost a month old now!

    Hope it's okay to continue posting photos here instead of the gallery. But a bit scared to post photos at the macro section cause so many awesome pics there

    Anyway I tried shooting insects this time but was a bit hard as the ants kept scurrying around (as ants usually do...) The butterfly was more cooperative! It stayed on the flower the entire time =D



    Hi,

    Yr pics are nice and colours very saturated. What did you do to achieve these? Pls share, thanks.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •