Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6910111213 LastLast

Thread: FORMULA 1™ Grande Prêmio do Brasil 2007. (21 Oct.)

Default Re: FORMULA 1™ Grande Prêmio do Brasil 2007. (21 Oct.)

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    anyway, congrats to Ron Dennis and his team for putting up a real fight to Ferrari and taking the title decider to the last race. see you guys next year.
    Next year will be interesting. It will be Prodrive's entrance? But the rules are very blur. They will be buying a ready made car and race it but F1 rules state that you ahve to make your own chassis and body?

See you next year! BTW, you got the Kopi Kat Klan songs?

Phase 1 of my plan done. The Ferrari flag has been hoisted in office
    Phase 2 will begin in 10 mins
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt....

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    Next year will be interesting. It will be Prodrive's entrance? But the rules are very blur. They will be buying a ready made car and race it but F1 rules state that you ahve to make your own chassis and body?

See you next year! BTW, you got the Kopi Kat Klan songs?
    yah... got the songs liao. thanks bro.

btw, Prodrive's entrance not confirm right? McLaren is not supplying the engines. last heard they are seeking from Renault but Renault is denying this. another start to another silly season? nice...

i'm hoping to see an improve Spyker team after they kena bought over by the Indian guy. heard that budget is not much of a problem.

I think Massa did a great job as a team player. Blocked Hamilton and then controlled the race pace.
    IMO, F. Massa has been a great team player all the while.

i think this pic says it all.

http://www.formula1.com/photos/597x4...d07bra2028.jpg

and did you see how kimi gently pushed massa forward to take his bows in front of his home fans?
    Last edited by madmacs; 22nd October 2007 at 08:49 PM.

read it on BBC that the racing stewards decided against imposing penalties on Williams and Sauber. if both these teams are disqualified... then that would be an anti-climax to one of the greatest ever season in F1... 2007 would be a real farce.

the WDC is won on a disqualification and on stolen technological information. that would be real sad for F1 fans.
    but mclaren still want to appeal and alonso hoping the appeal fails

Quote Originally Posted by Canew View Post
    IMO, F. Massa has been a great team player all the while.
    Actually bro, I kinda disagree on this. Massa is a team player because he is FORCED to be a team player. Its not in his nature. If he were a team player, he wouldn't go around saying "I helped the team". WTF !!! And the way he behaved on the podium and in the post race interview. I am sorry, but I find his attitude not befitting that of a team player.

I was talking just now to a friend and he commented that all these drivers are alpha-males, so even though they are part of a team, they cannot accept the fact that they are second in line. He said that even if Massa didn't have a chance at the drivers championship, in his opinion he was still the best out there. So, by letting his teammate win the race and the driver's championship, he lost his 'face'.

Somehow, I have developed more respect for Kimi over the past few races. The way he behaves himself is really something to learn in life. He doesn't fret over minor issues. When Hamilton supposedly didn't give him enough room as he came out of the pits on Kimi's fast lap, Kimi just shrugged it off and said "its over. so, there's no point to talk about it..."

I think if Kimi wanted to, he could've overtaken Massa at the 1st corner. He rightfully took the lead on his own merit by staying 3 more laps and coming out ahead of Massa. Of course, we can argue that Massa didn't push his car to the limit and this whole pit stop thing was orchestrated, but in my opinion Kimi won it by his own driving than anything else...

The only thing that Massa did to help Kimi was to block Hamilton at the start.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt....

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    i think this pic says it all.

http://www.formula1.com/photos/597x4...d07bra2028.jpg

and did you see how kimi gently pushed massa forward to take his bows in front of his home fans?
    no lah, bro. I didn't see it
    Think missed it. Will look out for it in the repeat telecast. I would be thoroughly impressed with Kimi if he did so.

Quote Originally Posted by asterixsg View Post
    Actually bro, I kinda disagree on this. Massa is a team player because he is FORCED to be a team player. Its not in his nature. If he were a team player, he wouldn't go around saying "I helped the team". WTF !!! And the way he behaved on the podium and in the post race interview. I am sorry, but I find his attitude not befitting that of a team player.

I was talking just now to a friend and he commented that all these drivers are alpha-males, so even though they are part of a team, they cannot accept the fact that they are second in line. He said that even if Massa didn't have a chance at the drivers championship, in his opinion he was still the best out there. So, by letting his teammate win the race and the driver's championship, he lost his 'face'.

Somehow, I have developed more respect for Kimi over the past few races. The way he behaves himself is really something to learn in life. He doesn't fret over minor issues. When Hamilton supposedly didn't give him enough room as he came out of the pits on Kimi's fast lap, Kimi just shrugged it off and said "its over. so, there's no point to talk about it..."

I think if Kimi wanted to, he could've overtaken Massa at the 1st corner. He rightfully took the lead on his own merit by staying 3 more laps and coming out ahead of Massa. Of course, we can argue that Massa didn't push his car to the limit and this whole pit stop thing was orchestrated, but in my opinion Kimi won it by his own driving than anything else...

that block was a very important one cos it allowed kimi to move into 2nd place. of cos alonso did the rest

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    that block was a very important one cos it allowed kimi to move into 2nd place. of cos alonso did the rest
    yes, there is no denying that. That block set the whole race up. I think Hamilton was more worried about Alonso sneaking up from behind

no lah, bro. I didn't see it
    Think missed it. Will look out for it in the repeat telecast. I would be thoroughly impressed with Kimi if he did so.
    yup. just after massa received his trophy

No one will be willing to be number 2 but he will still have to be a team player if he has no chance but his team mate have.

It was his home race, Massa wanted to win it. Naturally, it will not go down well and will feel sore but he still did what he was required to do to help Kimi secure his title. If its Alonso, fat hope liao! No way he will help Hamilton.

That block alone helped alot and plus, Massa did what he was supposed to do. Qualified as fast as possible and depending on where Kimi and his rivials ended up, he has a role to play. Either to control the race pace when leading or block and slow down other rivials if he is in 2nd. Kimi still required Massa to be behind him AND infront of Alonso and Hamilton. That way, they will win less points.

No Massa, Kimi will not win the title. Simple as that as Alonso ended 3rd and will be 2nd if Massa don't wanna help.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/moto...ne/7056308.stm

Fernando Alonso would be "embarrassed" if his McLaren team-mate Lewis Hamilton won the world title on appeal.
    Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen took the title after winning in Brazil on Sunday but McLaren's expected challenge over the result may yet hand Hamilton the crown.

Race stewards investigated alleged fuel irregularities by Williams and BMW Sauber, but decided not to punish them.

"If he wins the title because of this it wouldn't be fair. I'd be embarrassed for this sport," said Alonso.

"I'm not sure what Lewis would think - I guess if they give you the title, you don't think it's a present but rather that you deserve it. He would be delighted."

Hahaha Classic Alonso!

for once i'm hearing some sense coming from Alonso. well at least he's a gracious loser unlike Hammy and his f**k-up boss. wtf, can't he live with the results? must he win on his first year in racing? it goes to show how arrogant this SOB is.

in your first year of racing... you aim to finish races and in the points. nobody in the right frame of mind would dream of winning the WDC in their rookie year. i'm so pissed of with Ron Dennis for taking this approach to get the WDC. it's a disgrace and it make him looked damn desperate.

for once i'm hearing some sense coming from Alonso. well at least he's a gracious loser unlike Hammy and his f**k-up boss. wtf, can't he live with the results? must he win on his first year in racing? it goes to show how arrogant this SOB is.

in your first year of racing... you aim to finish races and in the points. nobody in the right frame of mind would dream of winning the WDC in their rookie year. i'm so pissed of with Ron Dennis for taking this approach to get the WDC. it's a disgrace and it make him looked damn desperate.
    I will not call him an arrogant SOB But in today's ST, there is an article on him. Saying that he is makes use of his charm and media savvy to gain every advantage and saying that he will demand US$200 million next year to race and want his own media rights like Beckham.

It was a lenghty article and is written before yesterday's race. A good read and it tells you that Hamilton isn't as innocent as he looks and behaves.

I will not call him an arrogant SOB But in today's ST, there is an article on him. Saying that he is makes use of his charm and media savvy to gain every advantage and saying that he will demand US$200 million next year to race and want his own media rights like Beckham.

It was a lenghty article and is written before yesterday's race. A good read and it tells you that Hamilton isn't as innocent as he looks and behaves.
    lets see how it goes. i wont judge him until i see for myself...as for ron dennis

No one will be willing to be number 2 but he will still have to be a team player if he has no chance but his team mate have.

It was his home race, Massa wanted to win it. Naturally, it will not go down well and will feel sore but he still did what he was required to do to help Kimi secure his title. If its Alonso, fat hope liao! No way he will help Hamilton.

That block alone helped alot and plus, Massa did what he was supposed to do. Qualified as fast as possible and depending on where Kimi and his rivials ended up, he has a role to play. Either to control the race pace when leading or block and slow down other rivials if he is in 2nd. Kimi still required Massa to be behind him AND infront of Alonso and Hamilton. That way, they will win less points.

No Massa, Kimi will not win the title. Simple as that as Alonso ended 3rd and will be 2nd if Massa don't wanna help.
    no lah, bro. I think you got me wrong.

If Massa had a fighting chance, no way I would expect him to favor Kimi. he didn't have a chance at the driver's title. if he wants to win his home race, then let him say so outright to the team management. then see how ferrari will treat him. they will tell him to ***** off. but once he decides to support his team-mate, he should go about doing his business and not tell the media that he has done a favor to anyone. that's what pissed me off most.

Alonso and Hammy both had a chance at the drivers title, so you can't compare them with Massa and Kimi.

If Massa had a fighting chance, no way I would expect him to favor Kimi. he didn't have a chance at the driver's title. if he wants to win his home race, then let him say so outright to the team management. then see how ferrari will treat him. they will tell him to ***** off. but once he decides to support his team-mate, he should go about doing his business and not tell the media that he has done a favor to anyone. that's what pissed me off most.

Alonso and Hammy both had a chance at the drivers title, so you can't compare them with Massa and Kimi.
    if massa had a fighting chance then i would expect him to give his best to win the championship. but since he dropped out of the running, then its only right he support the team goal. and i think he did that brilliantly yesterday.

ha ha. that's what Hammy is. He is a PACKAGE. A carefully groomed package. Most importantly, he knows how to play the media. He has driving talent, no doubt about it. Without talent, he wouldn't have been here. These packaged products are gonna kill the sport. Because it all becomes mechanical and there is no natural flair anymore.

Aiya of cause la. If Both are in with a shout, it will be everyone for himself. They're pros and will want to win. Massa and Kimi, both are lousy at PR if you ask me. Some people are just not good with words. I think what Massa is trying to say is they help each other and this time round, its Kimi who benefits. So he hope that he will be the one who gets lucky next year.

I mean if Alonso is out of the running, I really can't see him helping Hamilton at all.

Hamilton is best at PR. All he will say is nice things at the right time and nasty things at the right time.

As for Alonso, all I heard is hot air and scorn from him this year. But I dun blame him if he have to face someone like Hamilton as team mate. At first, he seem petty but as the season goes on, I can see that the team isn't helping him 1 bit. Especially when Ron Dennis said: "We are actually racing against Alonso" to the media.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6910111213 LastLast