Thread: Shaky Photo

Default Shaky Photo

I was taking a shot with my Nikon Lens with VR turn off. It turns out to be quite good, artistics like! ( according to me.) When I tried to duplicate this effect, by various of shaking the camera, VR off etc, it was impossible to get the same again! It is either too much or too little. So, it was not easy to take a Good SHAKY Photo. What do you think?

Default Re: Shaky Photo

I'm not quite sure what you are driving at here but those blur are random. Artistic or not you can do a slow shutter and aim your camera everwhere too to get a nice twirling of lights from the streets and cars.

Good luck in finding that shaky photo but I wouldn't advise so, get a nice firm shot I say. Cheers

hmm. i'm getting seasick looking at the pic. :S

i can't appreciate blurry pics.. but maybe that's just me.. =)

most important is, you like it. but then, u must be very critical of your own work in the first place.

deliberate blur can work at times, esp of scenes already shot to death by others or during days of less than ideal lighting conditions.

must say this photo of yours looks decent. give me the kind of "taken during heavy rain" effect.

continue experimenting.

It's better to get a steady shot for such stuff. I don't really appreciate such blurry shots, that's me.
    Nikon D80|Nikon 18-135 AF-S DX|Nikon 70-300 AF|Nikon 50 f/1.4 AFD|Nikon SB-800|Canon IXUS 70

Sorry to say this but it looks like any old blur pic to me....

Its good if u like your own image, but these are not the type of images one would expect a camera to produce.

(IF) your image is blur then make sure it look synchronised or concentric. Yours is very very messy, just like any other shot i take about 1-5sec exposure and handheld.
    (IF) you wish to show the blur, at least have a focus of where is the blur you prefer to showcase, yours is underexposed, no subject projection & orientation.

Doesnt work for me. Sorry
    Canon 5D mkII|24-105 F4 IS L|70-200 F4 IS L|135 F2 L|580EX|

IMHO, i think if ur name is Picasso, people might think it's a art. but it doesn't look any where near to artistic, it look nearer to recycle bin.

doesnt work for me either. maybe try 'panning', which may be a little difficult considering the slow speed of the boats there. if done nicely, which is pretty hard, the bg would be blur, and the coloured lights would look really nice.

otherwise, u could also try setting ur cam on a tripod, and thus getting streaks of light from the boat but the bg sharp

i cant appreciate motion blur where the whole pic is well, blur, sorry. although panning or the second method and a nice bokeh are really great

keep trying!