Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mp3 Player? Apple Ipod, Creative Zen, Sandisk Sansa, iRiver, Or?

Default Mp3 Player? Apple Ipod, Creative Zen, Sandisk Sansa, iRiver, Or?

looking to buy a mp3 player as a birthday gift for a close friend of mine whose some cheapo mp3 player broke down a few mths back..

was looking through what is available in the market and couldnt reach a decision which mp3 player to buy.. essentially looking at the 4gb-8gb mp3 players..

design is not so important.. but price and audio quality is a priority. user replaceable/removable batteries (AAA or Li-ion) are prefered but not neccesity. have a budget of +-$350

user opinions? suggestions / any comments are all welcome..
    TIA!

Default Re: Mp3 Player? Apple Ipod, Creative Zen, Sandisk Sansa, iRiver, Or?

i think the sony ones are good. got everything, radio, video, picture, looks, etc.

The recent creative ZEN not bad...small, kinda chio..and kinda affordable.

Why don't you ask your friend's opinion? Maybe there's a particular brand that she/he wants?

Can try Meizu M6. Value for money, and has good sound quality, plus the ability to play FLAC files.
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    i think the sony ones are good. got everything, radio, video, picture, looks, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deceased View Post
    The recent creative ZEN not bad...small, kinda chio..and kinda affordable.

may i know which specific model are you guys looking at ?

Quote Originally Posted by seankyh View Post
    Why don't you ask your friend's opinion? Maybe there's a particular brand that she/he wants?
    he is just an average joe, satisfied with almost brand, but he is quite particular over audio quality..

Quote Originally Posted by FilterFunk View Post
    He already said it, the model is called Zen.

http://sg.creative.com/products/prod...&product=16999

Sound quality? Headphone out of the Zen is quite good but if you really want quality get a iPod with lineout dock to an external amp Or you can look at the Cowon range of players. They are known for good headphone out quality..
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

Copying files from the PC to the MP3 players is passť.
    Everyone can do it.

Choose one that allows you to copy files from the MP3 player to the PC.
    This is the rare quality.
    I think China made MP3 players allow this. Good for them!

Sony is too obsessive about "copy protection".

For many years, users of Sony Minidisc Recorders have berated the Sony company for refusing to allow their MD recorders to copy files from the MD to the PC.

There are numerous forums on this defective design. The curses are quite terrible to read.

Finally when Sony made one such item, the company suddenly seemed to have decided to stop ALL MD manufacture.
    Try asking for MD recorders in Sony showrooms. NIL. NONE. ZILCH.

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Copying files from the PC to the MP3 players is passť.
    Everyone can do it.

Choose one that allows you to copy files from the MP3 player to the PC.
    This is the rare quality.
    I think China made MP3 players allow this. Good for them!

Sony is too obsessive about "copy protection".

For many years, users of Sony Minidisc Recorders have berated the Sony company for refusing to allow their MD recorders to copy files from the MD to the PC.

There are numerous forums on this defective design. The curses are quite terrible to read.

Finally when Sony made one such item, the company suddenly seemed to have decided to stop ALL MD manufacture.
    Try asking for MD recorders in Sony showrooms. NIL. NONE. ZILCH.
    Sad to hear.

I'm still sticking to MDs ... still have a professional grade MD deck and a MD walkman with me

Think they came out with the HiMD or something...

Quote Originally Posted by FilterFunk View Post
    NWZ-S610 series... http://www.sony.com.sg/microsite/walkman/s610.html

I'm currently using my Creative ZEN Neon 2 & I'm happy with it although I have an Apple iPod Shuffle too.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

frankly, if not for the ITouch (since I now own one...) , I would have said "Anything but Ipods" .
    SQ on ipods still suck compared with Creative, iRiver, Meizu etc.....

For Ipods, you are paying top $ for its design, perceived cool life-style and plain vanilla flavor features...ie no radio, EQ, no bass, lots of treble, low screen resolution compared to competitors etc...
    Last edited by major_tom; 11th October 2007 at 01:12 PM.
    "ashes to ashes; funk to funky..we know major_tom's a junkie
    strung out on heaven's high....."

how about the sandisk clip series? It looks quite good.

samsung k3!

i think the new Creative Zen is quite good. can expand memory capacity using SD. screen and sound is good... that's what they said in HWM. go read it for yourself or you can go to any Creative shop and hands-on the demo set.

ZenZenZen!
    Chanxj
    my blog @ http://sgsnap.com

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    i think the new Creative Zen is quite good. can expand memory capacity using SD. screen and sound is good... that's what they said in HWM. go read it for yourself or you can go to any Creative shop and hands-on the demo set.
    the SD card memory integration is poor, many people have decided not to get the Zen because of this.

??? in what way? Anyway i would not use the SD card slot that frequently if it were me as im sure its slower than the built in memory, but comes in handy when u have data u want to view in the memory card.
    Chanxj
    my blog @ http://sgsnap.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast