Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Photo-taking assignment

Default Re: Photo-taking assignment

Quote Originally Posted by 2.8photography View Post
    abt playing with the DOF, i think it would be quite difficult to get significant bokeh for large building - easier with ppl
    even if u use the widest aperture, say f/1.4 on maybe a 35mm lens, to shoot a building would be almost all sharp

even more impossible with a PnS except for some more prosumer models
    most dun have selective manual focus; either that or the whole pic comes out sharp no matter the aperture
    True, I would agree with this, but I was intending more on a human subject in front of some buildings in the background.

As for PnS, the only way out seems like Photoshop...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Quote Originally Posted by acky86 View Post
    Hi!!!
    I'm a student taking a photography course in uni.
    I've just received an assignment which requires us to take 2 sets of photos based on the theme "Unique Singapore" and "Green Environment".
    As I'm a foreign student, I am not familiar with many places in Singapore. Do you have any good recommendation where can I take photos with the theme "Unique Singapore"?

By the way, we are asked to take 2 photos of the same scene and show that how by controlling the depth of field we can control the unwanted and distracting background. Thanks!!!
    wah my friend same corse as u i guess, tml i am helping him out. there's lots of uniquely singapore which i believe many of them has mentioned anyway, keep looking around, you can't go wrong, singaporeans are too unique..look out for human charateristics especially lol

Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    True, I would agree with this, but I was intending more on a human subject in front of some buildings in the background.

As for PnS, the only way out seems like Photoshop...
    i believe pns can achieve that actually. got to use more telephoto to achieve the DOF rather than aperture since it cant be controlled. well, the human got to be a big distance away from the building at least of course

Quote Originally Posted by Antzzz View Post
    Wah.. now uni oso got photography course ah? is it degree course?

As for "Uniquely Singapore", I'll not go for the usual STPB themes. Rather to capture the life of the true Singaporeans - like having lavish seafood meals, queuing for TOTO, ah pek in singlet sitting at coffeeshops, etc... but may want to leave out the chio china girl who is accompanying him.. lol
    =D

Wow..I have never seen ppl booking tables with tissue packets.
    Should be very interesting...

So sad that this assignment is given so late and with so little time...
    If not, I'm sure I can explore the more "interesting" side of Singapore...
    Actually I'm from Malaysia, so I found there r a lot of things that are similar...
    Of course, things like booking tables with tissue is something that I'm looking forward to see now...

Really thank you guys for all your suggestions...
    Any more interesting ideas r greatly appreciated...
    I think I only hv time to go out once to do this project n it won't be until after next week...
    Might as well make it a full day outing...make it a photo-shooting day also...

Haha...Maybe can try to lend from the school again??
    Eh!! Since you have experience in this field, you guys have a lot of advantage over us "engineers" and the rest who are not from ADM!!!
    Just kidding...I also am planning to do this projects with my friends, just sharing a camera...
    hey buddy...am also engineering...am from EEE final year...but i did one General Elective from ADM on photography!!!!..heheh..it doesnt matter which school u frm..engineers can be gud photographers too!!! If u interested I can share my previous wrk with u!

Just realised that many of my course mates also here...haha...
    can identify urself while looking for ideas???

wah...EEE final year here too...Happy shooting guys...I think it's going to be tough to stand out though...i think almost everyone has the same ideas so i think the peer evaluation exercise we'll be seeing alot of the same shots over and over again.

Just wanna post a view which you guys can don't really much bother..
    I think taking a photo of the local cat would be quite unique too.
    After all, the Kucinta stems from Singapore, no ?

i think abit hard to justify that dude. But perhaps someone out there can take a photo that tells a whole story that makes it justifiable. who knows? after all, this kinda thing is very subjective. it is an idea no matter what

Quote Originally Posted by Antzzz View Post
    ... ...
    As for "Uniquely Singapore", I'll not go for the usual STPB themes. Rather to capture the life of the true Singaporeans - like having lavish seafood meals, queuing for TOTO, ah pek in singlet sitting at coffeeshops, etc... but may want to leave out the chio china girl who is accompanying him.. lol
    WAHAHAHAHAAA......

You captured the essence of the singapore spirit in 1 sentence.

Really thank you guys for your overwhelming response...Haha.
    I'm just a newbie who is interested in photography...
    This subject is only an elective, but I really hoped to do well for it...*hopeful*

Actually I've thought of places like Esplanade and Merlion, but I think that many ppl will hv d same idea and it won't b good if all d pictures turn out d same...mine jz wont stand out...haha :P
    Lifestyle is one that I'm thinking of...bt due to my limited "geographical" knowledge of Singapore, i jz hv no idea where to go to find all these photos. All my travels around Sg so far is on MRT...so places tat I go r usually <1KM radius fm d MRT..Haha..
    Hey! Just a wild guess...are you from NTU taking one of the photography electives from ADM???
    Dun blame the camera...blame the one behind the viewfinder :bsmilie:
    My Flickr..pls leave comments!

nah...this one is a EEE module...not the ADM one.

Hmm someone is cheating i think. Look under service wanted corner lol
    Chanxj
    my blog @ http://sgsnap.com

wah...damn sly...this is not right...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12