Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 24 of 24

Thread: Scam email again!

  1. #21
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: Scam email again!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiisg View Post
    I get them all the day too.....regarding your quote, i do recall a few years back a singaporean actually falling for it and getting killed so broaden yourself up a bit before you make a racial remark. why not just say yes it's a global issue? america is an inward looking country no doubt, but c'mon buddy, no need to resort to a stupid remark like that.

    peace
    Oh the guy who flew to Nigeria to meet the scammers and vanished? Sad case... kena murdered there.

  2. #22

    Default Re: Scam email again!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Racial and stupid? Where's the racial slur? Please, specifically tell me where I made a racist remark (as compared to nationalist). Otherwise, I expect an apology.

    Broaden myself up a bit? Sadly, it's the heavily-isolated Americans getting brainwashed by Fox News that need to broaden their perspectives. My perspective is wide open.

    It may be a global issue, but if 90% of the scammers are in Nigeria and 90% of the victims are in America... Well, it's obvious who the real targets are.

    So, before you accuse people of being racist, please broaden your perspective a bit. Otherwise, it's your remark that's stupid.
    i knew this would happen...

    i did not call you a racist, i said the remark was racial...two very different things my friend, a person can say something that may be racial but it does not mean he/she a racist...cool your jets

    you said it was nigerians scamming americans, last i heard it was a global thing, so yeah call it 90% if you like, but the truth is it is a global issue, brits get it, americans get it, aussies get it, japanese people get it, singaporeans get it...???

    i do watch fox, and yeah in my opinion the channel is full of crap. you say it brainwashes americans...well what about me who disagrees with their views, I'm american, did it brainwash me if i disagree with their views and am strong enough to challenge them?

    i watch the local news and read the ST's, i think those are full of crap too but with your watching a news channel and it brainwashing a nation logic, it's fair to say singaporeans are brainwashed too then...and me alongside your countrymen, nah, i don't think so? what is broad is your sweeping statements but your viewpoint is narrow.

    see, your demise is that you used sweeping statements and chose to take things for more than what a person said them to be. i don't owe you an apology, and you are nuts if you think you'll get one. if i said singaporeans are rude, you or someone else would argue my point and rightfully so because not everyone falls into that sweeping statement. not every american is getting brainwashed by fox, or as in my example per your logic singaporeans by ST or mediacorp. and scammers are scamming a lot of us. besides if it was meant for americans, how do so many singaporeans get these scams too then?...errr, maybe because these emails go out to almost anyone and everyone...see what i mean

    so when i say broaden up, yes exactly, broaden up and do not include everyone of a race or country in your sweeping statements. a closed person or unthoughtful person will say nigerians are scamming americans, a person a bit broader will choose to say people from all over are getting scammed. so yeah, from your statements i do think it is a stupid thing to say especially when you forgot to check your own backyard and forgot one of your own got killed because of the scams.

    with your statement, take a step back and read it again, it basically says nigerians are criminals and americans are stupid. neither one a good thing to say despite how we may feel...I'll rest with yes i get scam mail too, and i noticed it being a bit heavier and it is a shame that americans and singaporeans and other countries are falling to pray to it.


    peace

  3. #23

    Default Re: Scam email again!

    Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    Oh the guy who flew to Nigeria to meet the scammers and vanished? Sad case... kena murdered there.

    yeah, that was quite sad, it's tough to think why or what situation a person could be in to believe in it...anyways, i hope he and his family are at peace, it's sad. i wish there something we could do to deal with these people.

    anyways have a good day.

  4. #24

    Default Re: Scam email again!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiisg View Post
    i did not call you a racist, i said the remark was racial...two very different things my friend, a person can say something that may be racial but it does not mean he/she a racist...cool your jets
    I'm still waiting to hear where the racial slur in my remark was. So, where was it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiisg View Post
    it's fair to say singaporeans are brainwashed too then...and me alongside your countrymen, nah, i don't think so? what is broad is your sweeping statements but your viewpoint is narrow.
    I'm not Singaporean.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiisg View Post
    see, your demise is that you used sweeping statements and chose to take things for more than what a person said them to be. i don't owe you an apology, and you are nuts if you think you'll get one.
    Nor do I owe you one. and for all your eloquence, you still have not substantiated your "racial remark" claim.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiisg View Post
    a closed person or unthoughtful person will say nigerians are scamming americans, a person a bit broader will choose to say people from all over are getting scammed.
    I think it's your understanding of my statement that's fairly closed and narrow, and, like sensationalist media, you chose to pounce on it and blow it out of context and proportion. While I agree that the victims are from all over, the simple fact is that the main, *intended target* of the scam emails are, in 90% of the cases, americans. That the emails are being spread all over and people all over are falling victim to them is a well-known fact and I would never disagree with you there. A more well-rounded statement would be that people all over the world are being victimized by the nigerian 419 scammers targeting mostly americans. There are many parallelisms in many situations. In many ways, it can be considered "splash damage" or "collateral damage". But the root cause is still what I said in my statement.
    Last edited by Rashkae; 10th October 2007 at 05:30 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •